https://pastebin.com/kzxTmAx1
"
feel_the_void wrote:
How can I increase the dps in my build?
https://pastebin.com/kzxTmAx1

You can:

- Get -9% Cold Res on your Helmet
- Enlighten level 4 and Aspect of the Spider
- Aul's Amulet (malevolence is BIS, Zealotry and Hatred are also acceptable)
- Arcane Surge Support on chest piece (21% more damage)

It starts to get hard to make meaningful upgrades but those things will make a big difference in the numbers.

EDIT: Looking at your character sheet and tree, you have a lethal pride slotted. It looks like you were mimicking my setup with lethal Pride and Glancing Blows.

You need to:

Get a Lethal Pride with the name: Kiliova

Then take Glancing Blows (Doubles Block) this is a boost to defense and dps. (Spell damage block cluster)

Also it looks like you can just remove an int node over by the shadow area. Your tree is going full circle.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jun 19, 2019, 7:35:39 PM
I dont want what am i doing wrong. i have the 3 gems on my weapon, the "triggered socketed spell" enchant and elemental equilibrium. Yet, whenever i vortex a bosss, the tooltip always shows "resists cold, resists lightning, vulnerable to fire". what am i doing wrong?
"
djjoinho wrote:
I dont want what am i doing wrong. i have the 3 gems on my weapon, the "triggered socketed spell" enchant and elemental equilibrium. Yet, whenever i vortex a bosss, the tooltip always shows "resists cold, resists lightning, vulnerable to fire". what am i doing wrong?

You have Added Cold Damage to Spells on your weapon. Get one that doesn't have that mod and it'll fix it.

Great guide.
Thanks
Last edited by Romenamath on Jun 22, 2019, 6:18:52 PM
Got inspired by this build and i did a diffent approach.

Just Went Low life and reserved 3 damage auras in my life.

7k ES (enough to survive everything) and nice resists

Vortex itself doing 3m shaper dps

https://pastebin.com/MxjVFRqE
"

LL with shavs is definitely an option. I'm personally partial to CI and a bigger ES pool (and a lot more Evasion for the matter). Also having access to Reflection or Apep's Shield is a big boon for QoL and defense.

That said, Shavs+Prism Guardian will get you more damage for a lower budget but some may find the defenses lacking.

Also: your 3m dps is with Vaal RF and Frenzy Charges. Charges are hard/impossible to maintain where the damage matters (Shaper and UE)

But 2.4m with charges is still good deeps :D

As always I encourage people to do what is fun for them. While your method is not one I care for personally (I prefer more defensive layers), if it's working for you then I'm glad. :)

As a side note: you could get another 800+es with a good pair of gloves.
(these give 800es and PoB doesn't even count the corruption correctly)
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"

LL with shavs is definitely an option. I'm personally partial to CI and a bigger ES pool (and a lot more Evasion for the matter). Also having access to Reflection or Apep's Shield is a big boon for QoL and defense.

That said, Shavs+Prism Guardian will get you more damage for a lower budget but some may find the defenses lacking.

Also: your 3m dps is with Vaal RF and Frenzy Charges. Charges are hard/impossible to maintain where the damage matters (Shaper and UE)

But 2.4m with charges is still good deeps :D

As always I encourage people to do what is fun for them. While your method is not one I care for personally (I prefer more defensive layers), if it's working for you then I'm glad. :)

As a side note: you could get another 800+es with a good pair of gloves.
(these give 800es and PoB doesn't even count the corruption correctly)

Yeah, but i had no problem with any guardian, shaper or elder. Vortex is a very defensive build itself since you can move while you do damage. Vaal RF is easy to have in most boss fights
"

Yeah, but i had no problem with any guardian, shaper or elder. Vortex is a very defensive build itself since you can move while you do damage. Vaal RF is easy to have in most boss fights

It is indeed. I'll test out the Shavs route. At the very least you can get some really good damage out of having the extra Aura(s) without 30+EX investment into 2 items. (Reflection+Auls) It's basically just the 6ex or so for the 6L Shavs.

That said, I can pretty comfortably get to over 3m Vortex DPS (with VRF) with an Aul's and have 10k ES on top of that.

I'm gonna mess around with it and see what I can come up with. ^^
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"

It is indeed. I'll test out the Shavs route. At the very least you can get some really good damage out of having the extra Aura(s) without 30+EX investment into 2 items. (Reflection+Auls) It's basically just the 6ex or so for the 6L Shavs.

That said, I can pretty comfortably get to over 3m Vortex DPS (with VRF) with an Aul's and have 10k ES on top of that.

I'm gonna mess around with it and see what I can come up with. ^^

when in 3.6 as an occultist, I went for aul's (while on CI with a high ES chest). realised shav + LL is a much cheaper option, and allows for a different amulet. with aul's, to make use of LL, you'd have to get reflection which is also hugely expensive, and it takes up another belt slot. in other words, if you're an occultist, shav+LL is definitely better in every aspect. but for trickster, aul's+reflection is definitely the way to go, because you scale very well with the EVES chest. if you want a budget method to get DPS, yeah, shav's would do it, without the need for auls. but if you do not have the currency and want to go more defensively, just skip the reflection+aul's. vortex dps will suffer, but you'll be able to hit 8-10k ES more easily.

you are right, for max dps and ES, definitely an EVES chest with refl and aul's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info