[3.7] YADOB (Yet Another Death's Oath Build) CI | ED/Bane | All Content | UElder/UAtziri | LabFarmer

"
YT_HB wrote:

Does that make sense?

Thank you for clarifying, now I understand :)
Updated the PoB and skill tree to repath and use the Eldritch Knowledge jewel. The PoB for the Trickster variant of the build is also updated. The previous skill tree is has not been removed from the guide so you can see the changes.

Last edited by YT_HB on Jun 14, 2019, 1:35:03 PM
maybe a stupid question:

why bane instead of contagion (which has synergy with essence drain), since we nescessarily dont even use it to apply curses?

also why not soulrend instead of essence drain ? i know its a bit slowish and stuff but it has ES leech :D
Last edited by Void_xy on Jun 14, 2019, 3:05:08 PM
"
Void_xy wrote:
maybe a stupid question:

why bane instead of contagion (which has synergy with essence drain), since we nescessarily dont even use it to apply curses?

also why not soulrend instead of essence drain ? i know its a bit slowish and stuff but it has ES leech :D

This is just my personal preference. ED is great for single target - as long as you're able to place your shot. SR is an option in the build guide that's already mentioned instead of using Bane but ED is where the boss damage is. Death Aura kills white/blue mobs fairly easily so I just use Bane to clean up the yellows that don't die to the Death Aura.

Contagion is a solid choice but it's redundant with Death Aura as they're both really for clearing. If you're going to go ED/Cont then use a different chest altogether and also change the skill tree to exclude the aura nodes. The reason to not use Contagion in this build is solely because it's a Death's Oath build and not a generic chaos build.

EDIT: One thing to add about the ES leech. This build doesn't rely on leech. We're not "hitting" the target and therefor cannot leech. Again, if you want to do an ES leech build then this isn't the build to do it with. The tree would need to be changed quite a bit. This build relies on the faster start of es recharge for recovering ES quickly. And because of that, it's a terrific lab runner. You won't need to worry about anything really. Just run through the lab, killing monsters with Death Aura and quickly recovering ES as you're running through traps.
Last edited by YT_HB on Jun 14, 2019, 3:33:22 PM
i Would like to use this build, now i'm lvl 72 witch my witch, using a generic build of essence drain + Contagion/Bane.

But i playing with death's oath on last league and Love It, so i really like to use death's oath for clear, and essence drain for bosses, but i don't have currency to buy recomended items, due this character is my leaguestarter.

So whats changes i want to make, to using this build, until i have currency to buy impressence amulet and the 6L's for the build.

I thinking maybe i can drop, malevolence for now, and using blasphemy + Despair and discipline, or maybe, using malevolence and discipline e take despair curse from Witchfire Brew flask.

And use a 5Links Cane of Unravelling Staff until i have currency to buy 6L Bow and Quiver or craft an staff.

I Believe that changes make me able to Farm Uber Lab and a Tier 5~6 Maps to making currency to upgrades.

Thank you for this guide and i hope you can help me with my problem.
"
Keylors wrote:
i Would like to use this build, now i'm lvl 72 witch my witch, using a generic build of essence drain + Contagion/Bane.

But i playing with death's oath on last league and Love It, so i really like to use death's oath for clear, and essence drain for bosses, but i don't have currency to buy recomended items, due this character is my leaguestarter.

So whats changes i want to make, to using this build, until i have currency to buy impressence amulet and the 6L's for the build.

I thinking maybe i can drop, malevolence for now, and using blasphemy + Despair and discipline, or maybe, using malevolence and discipline e take despair curse from Witchfire Brew flask.

And use a 5Links Cane of Unravelling Staff until i have currency to buy 6L Bow and Quiver or craft an staff.

I Believe that changes make me able to Farm Uber Lab and a Tier 5~6 Maps to making currency to upgrades.

Thank you for this guide and i hope you can help me with my problem.

Dropping Malevolence and running Despair and Discipline is probably the way to go until you get the ammy. The Can of Unravelling is is the cheapest way to get started. The bow and quiver would be the end game weaponry. You shoudl be fine with uber lab with that as long as your have enough ES and fast start of es recharge - that's the key to lab with this build. And you should be able to do those lower tier maps as well without an issue as long as your DO is socketed correctly.
Here's a video of the Trickster variation running Hydra at level 88:
https://youtu.be/GWQoyYhHjN4
Hey love the guide! I have a deaths oath with 2 green, 2 blue, and 2 red sockets. I was curious what blue gem to remove, and if there is a red support gem that can be used instead. Thanks for making the guide!
"
cookiecake wrote:
Hey love the guide! I have a deaths oath with 2 green, 2 blue, and 2 red sockets. I was curious what blue gem to remove, and if there is a red support gem that can be used instead. Thanks for making the guide!

If you only have 2G, 2B, and 2R sockets then you'll want to remove Efficacy from the support gem links. That will leave Conc. Effect, Arcane Surge, Swift Affliction, Void Manip. and Less Duration. You'll have an empty red socket that you can use Item Quant. Support. That's about your only option without the correct coloring. Without Efficacy you lose over 20% of your Death Aura damage.
"
YT_HB wrote:
"
cookiecake wrote:

If you only have 2G, 2B, and 2R sockets then you'll want to remove Efficacy from the support gem links. That will leave Conc. Effect, Arcane Surge, Swift Affliction, Void Manip. and Less Duration. You'll have an empty red socket that you can use Item Quant. Support. That's about your only option without the correct coloring. Without Efficacy you lose over 20% of your Death Aura damage.

Thanks! Yeah the 6th socket on my oath is a red one, so I'm going to work on getting it colored right. Just don't have the funds atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info