[3.7] YADOB (Yet Another Death's Oath Build) CI | ED/Bane | All Content | UElder/UAtziri | LabFarmer

"
You have some really good gear. You have a good belt but the Bated Breath might feel better in-game due to it counteracting the slower ES recharge rate from the Soul Strike. There's a 15c bated breath available on poe.trade that has the Discipline corruption. That would help and give you more ES than your current belt. You'd miss the chaos damage though.

I'm really strugling with my ES recharge rate, but I'm also kinda dependent on the +all resistances and the +8 str on my belt... I might have to get a Bated Breath with +% str in order to change belts and I don't know if it is worth it

"
If I were to change anything it would be to change the tree closer to be what is in the guide and remove the minion section and extra ES nodes. The reason for that would be so you can use more jewels that have damage, ES but also important is faster start of ES recharge. That last one is pretty huge when it comes to survivability especially how it works with Wicked Ward.

https://pastebin.com/bVND38pQ

Thank you very much for the help!!! I just bought the lvl 4 empower and it was a huge dps boost!!! I can't believe I missed that!

I will also tweak the tree the way you said! I just can't promise I will get another bow lol I'm too cheap and have been swaping gems manually

edit: BTW really hard to find out those jewels with % max ES, damage, damage over time and Recharge Rate huh?!
Last edited by SrPanda on May 2, 2019, 8:31:37 PM
"
SrPanda wrote:
edit: BTW really hard to find out those jewels with % max ES, damage, damage over time and Recharge Rate huh?!

It can be, yeah. You really need a live search of some sort and be able to quickly jump in the game to get it before it's sold.
first of all: thx for the nice guide!

I only have enough currency to craft 1 bow atm. Is it more important to have the ED or the Bane in the GOOD bow? the other setup will be in a random bow for now.

Another question: how you play it with 2 bows? bane while mapping and then change to ed when at the boss? Or using both at boss fights?
"
TechnoOski wrote:

I only have enough currency to craft 1 bow atm. Is it more important to have the ED or the Bane in the GOOD bow? the other setup will be in a random bow for now.

Another question: how you play it with 2 bows? bane while mapping and then change to ed when at the boss? Or using both at boss fights?

Just swap your weapons (on pc the default key for this is 'x') to use whichever skill you like to use at whichever point in time.
"
TechnoOski wrote:

Cyrix answered the second part in the post above. When weapon swapping that way, you'll also need 2 Soul Strike quivers.

Until you get 2 bows, I'd have Bane in while general mapping (it really helps with the Abyss cracks that Death Aura may not kill quickly enough) and then swap in ED for bosses. Any minions, etc. that spawn during a boss fight should be able to be killed with Death Aura.

Good Luck!
Hey , thanks for your build I really love it - especially on the ps4 where it allows a little more of a laid back playstyle.

However do you think it is still possible with all these changes to energy shields and occultist ?

The dmg decrease in bane should be ok to live with but not sure on survivability.

Greetings
"
Starcuror wrote:
Hey , thanks for your build I really love it - especially on the ps4 where it allows a little more of a laid back playstyle.

However do you think it is still possible with all these changes to energy shields and occultist ?

The dmg decrease in bane should be ok to live with but not sure on survivability.

Greetings

Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you're enjoying the build. :)

As far as the changes to Occultist goes, I'm really not sure yet. I haven't gone through the patch notes yet and have only read some comments here and there. Once I read the patch notes in full and take a look at the new skill tree I'll have a better idea.

However, due to the Wicked Ward change that was mentioned days ago, I was already considering putting together a Trickster version of this build. With the old 3.6 skill tree, the pathing changes were very minimal. We'll see how that turns out in the 3.7 tree. I have a Trickster in standard that I plan to fully equip with this same gear that I used for YADOB in Synthesis and see how it performs. If that performs well I'll post a Trickster version of the build.

At the same time, I'll also respec the skill tree for the Occultist and update this guide. I'll also note how it performs compared to the 3.6 version which I'll test in standard.

TL;DR: I'm going to test both Occultist and Trickster variants of the build in standard when 3.7 is released and post an update. I will probably post a Trickster variant as well as update this guide once I've tested everything which shouldn't be too long after 3.7 is released - hopefully within a day or two.
Amazing thanks for your hard work!

Gladly the ps4 league starts 3 days later so enough time to see how all the pc players fare :-)

(Wicked ward really hits us hard with 50% less e.shield regen)

Greetings
"
Starcuror wrote:
Amazing thanks for your hard work!

Gladly the ps4 league starts 3 days later so enough time to see how all the pc players fare :-)

(Wicked ward really hits us hard with 50% less e.shield regen)

Greetings

That's not really that bad because we rely on the faster start of ES recharge along with recharge not being interrupted by damage taken which both remain intact. The recharge rate wasn't really a big deal for us.

What hurts the most is the flat ES that both Wicker Ward and Vile Bastion lost. That brings the build down from slightly over 9k ES to slightly over 7k ES. This makes the ES and damage about on par with the Trickster version. But, Trickster has some good defensive mechanics built in which could be the determining factor in which ascendancy to choose.

Slightly over 7s EK shouldn't be an issue with most content though as long as we can trigger the start of ES recharge quick enough which we should be able to do. I do need to rethink the tree though to see if there's a way to get more ES without losing too much damage. I'll update the thread as I make changes.
Really looking forward to your tests , the trickster variant sounds promising as I need some more defense here and there (very laggy on ps4's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info