Queen's Decree, what is it for?

What class and build is queen's decree suitable for?

Last edited by bokelund917 on Mar 11, 2013, 6:08:41 PM
I would personally never recommend anyone to ever use Queens Decree, losing shield bonuses over it doesn't really seem worth it.

But It's a summoner sword, It's biggest bonus is probably the extra Spectre, they are a summoners biggest source of damage at higher levels and one extra spectre could pack a hefty punch.

It's one of the less desirable summoner items.
As a lvl 81 full summoner with double curse, i would never use this. You loose so many stats/defend for not having a shield, and 1h weapon. The extra spectre aint worth it at all.

Hell even the wand with +1 spectre i do not think i would use. Simple because you loose 30% life, its simple to must. Only the crappy boots with +1 spectre can be used for 3 spectre. Sadly no good end game items with +spectre for a summoner.
I have a tough time answering that question myself. If you were to give up the 1h/shield to pick up a 2h sword, you would assume you would want to be some sort of battle summoner who could go in and fight with your minions. But since the damage on the sword is awful you figure you would prefer a rare with better mods.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
In my opinion the answer to this is simple... It has a high strength requirement, its obviously a summoner sword... Although not extremely good, it would be ideal imo for a dominating blow/ Summoner templar at a low level..

Im not sure if this would be effective as it stands but it does have a dmg/life mod that i would assume applies to dominating blow.. just an idea
"
TheDark0ne9 wrote:
In my opinion the answer to this is simple... It has a high strength requirement, its obviously a summoner sword... Although not extremely good, it would be ideal imo for a dominating blow/ Summoner templar at a low level..

Im not sure if this would be effective as it stands but it does have a dmg/life mod that i would assume applies to dominating blow.. just an idea

That's a damn good theory. I was wondering the other day if minion passives apply to dominating blow. The auras that some monsters have would get pretty crazy with a bunch of zombies and skeletons and spectres to go with it.

Use dominating blow with culling strike and the damage might not matter too much.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Mar 18, 2013, 2:16:24 PM
i would totally use this on my summoner witch. my witch has almost enough strength, uses EB and thus lacks an energy shield, almost never gets close to mobs, stacks lots of health without much armor, and deals most of her damage with minion instability. i purposely didn't get necromantic agis simply so that my skeletons would die more often and deal more damage from explosions.
I keep this sword as a secondary weapon, when it is safe I switch to it and summon my army with it, or at least when I collect my spectres. Sure, it's just a small bonus (~11% life and damage) but why not?

Edit: CI summoner witch with dagger and shield as a main weapon set.
✠ ✠
Last edited by wiggin on May 6, 2013, 1:12:29 PM
It's a level 27 weapon so it's probably not meant to have much end-game usability. It gives some nice boosts to minions early on though, before you have many minion passives.

However there are some niche uses late game, the main one I can see (as well as giving an extra spectre) is the massive skeleton duration increase. This is really good for minion instability, or for just generally using skeletons.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on May 6, 2013, 4:33:16 PM
The guy who made it (my friend) uses this sword as a Ranger in a summoning aspect at lvl 80.

It can be used in endgame and still be viable as shown.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info