[3.12] Necromantic Scribe - [Fun Playstyle] [6.5k Life] [5mil boss dps]

Updated PoB. Just specced into Wind Dancer at the expense of some life nodes in the Scion area. Feel free to take this as early or late as you want.

Also, run Flesh and Stone until you start using the Calamitous Visions jewel. It helps quite a lot for defence and I'm currently feeling a bit squishy after dropping it. This should be helped a lot by Asenath's gloves, but they are currently 15ex and I don't feel like paying that. Seems like the BV builds are all using them and lots are being double corrupted. Will purchase a pair once they settle to a reasonable price.

Also still some things to finalise such as whether we use a zombie setup. I will revisit this soon, but currently I have done 3 awakener kills (one on awakener 8) without zombies. If I find they are no longer dying much, I will keep them in. Otherwise there are options such as spectres (either for clear speed, or frenzy charge generators), or just using the sockets for additional cwdt or similar.

Jade flask switched with Quartz flask. This is personal preference, Jade is more defensive, Quartz helps a lot with phasing and not getting body blocked by mobs. I find this especially useful in Heist.

Phase run + increased duration is really nice for Heist and escaping. You can pretty much spam it and have 100% uptime on phase run if you are not attacking.
This build is really quite nice for heist. I am doing level 82+ heists just fine. Despite the mobs hitting very hard and being very dangerous, once you learn how to kite big balls of mobs in a circle and shoot a few shots into the pack every few seconds, it really works well. I can upload a video of this if anyone is struggling with heist or would be interested.
"
Bobblybook wrote:
"
Caerulean wrote:
How exactly do you craft cluster jewels? I didn't play much the last few leagues and suddenly there are all these crazy mechanics lmao

am i just supposed to buy a white cluster jewel of the right ilvl and then spam orbs on it?

Sorry I have not outlined that yet, I have not played this build since cluster jewels were introduced and I needed to find the best method to craft them.

For the medium jewels, buy the correct base (Minion damage while you have a herald, with 4 passives) and correct itemlevel.
Choose minimum item level (68-74) to roll the desired mods, as it blocks many other mods from the pool from rolling at higher itemlevels.

Just Alteration spam (augment if you hit a suffix with no prefix) until you get Pure Agony. Then Augment and regal for Cult Leader (or Invigorating Portents, I got one with this and I decided to keep it).
You may have to do this a few times but it's the cheapest way to roll these.

For the large cluster, again get the correct base (Minion damage) with 8 passives. Again choose item level 50-67 for this one to remove as many unwanted mods as possible.

Craft this one using fossils and resonators.
You need Renewal, Feasting Fiends and Call to the Slaughter.
There are two options for this, either Bound Fossils (1 socket resonators) or Bound + Metallic fossils (2 socket resonators).

I crafted mine with just Bound fossils, just compare the two costs as prices will fluctuate. Currently the above links show 53c estimated for 1-socket craft, and 47c for 2-socket craft. Also feel free to price check the fossil costs as they are not always 100% accurate.

Also if you don't feel like crafting and dealing with the chance of getting unlucky, you can buy the combination you need. Just be aware that the average cost of rolling your own is around 50c, so it doesn't make sense to pay much more than this. It's a very easy combination of mods to roll.

I see! thank you, this makes sense. time to start rolling!

also, just FYI, i think something broke with one of your recent updates -- the gear preview API links are all jumbled around. it's easy enough to figure out, but probably confusing to someone who's never played this build before

here is an example of what i'm talking about:
"
Caerulean wrote:

also, just FYI, i think something broke with one of your recent updates -- the gear preview API links are all jumbled around. it's easy enough to figure out, but probably confusing to someone who's never played this build before

Ahh thanks a lot! This happens an annoying amount when shifting around old item links in the post. I'll fix that up now.
Hello!

I am absolutely loving this build. Very fun and very fast; I'm still a little squishy but I know what I need to do to get my health up where it needs to be. (Just need the currency!)

Just wanted to post a thanks for all the updates as you are acquiring gear and wanted to let you know there seems to be an issue with your PoB link. It errors out with some NullValue errors on both my local updated PoB install and the PoB Online web page.

I saw it the (Updated Sept 2020) note on it and really want to see it, but all I can load is the poeurl.com final build link.

Just FYI

Thanks again!

-Bast
"
BastiatXIV wrote:
Hello!

I am absolutely loving this build. Very fun and very fast; I'm still a little squishy but I know what I need to do to get my health up where it needs to be. (Just need the currency!)

Just wanted to post a thanks for all the updates as you are acquiring gear and wanted to let you know there seems to be an issue with your PoB link. It errors out with some NullValue errors on both my local updated PoB install and the PoB Online web page.

I saw it the (Updated Sept 2020) note on it and really want to see it, but all I can load is the poeurl.com final build link.

Just FYI

Thanks again!

-Bast

Thanks!
The PoB link is working fine for me, I just tried importing it. Are you using PoB Fork with the most recent update? (1.4.170.13)

Also make sure to run Flesh and Stone before you switch to using Lone Messenger. The blind aura and flat damage reduction helps a lot. I would probably not recommend switching to Lone Messenger until getting Asenath's gloves. I have dropped flesh and stone before getting the gloves and I am feeling the squishiness from the lack of blind. Maybe socketing blind gem over knockback could be an intermediate solution.
Some 3.12 videos added, PoB is updated and generally finalised with all gem setups and alternate qualities.

Edit: PoB fork appears to be having issues saving the alt quality information for gems. After setting it and reloading the build in PoB, it is reverted back to default. I will fix it once PoB fixes this behaviour.

For now, you can see my alternate quality gems listed in the gems section of the forum guide on page 1.

I have dropped the zombies, and contemplating dropping one of the medium cluster jewels in exchange for more hp. This alternate skill tree is shown in PoB. Should give close to 7k hp.
Last edited by Bobblybook on Oct 5, 2020, 8:08:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info