[3.12] Necromantic Scribe - [Fun Playstyle] [6.5k Life] [5mil boss dps]

"
Looking good so far!
4k life is low but fine to start mapping.
Trying to do red t11's at level 69 with 4k life is... brave. You need more levels and life to try that haha.

You shouldn't be having mana problems unless your poacher's mark is not applying. You don't get have the additional curse from your ascendancy, but from what I can see you are only applying two curses anyway so it shouldn't be an issue. Just don't run Witchfire brew/despair until you get that ascendancy done.

You can use Asenath's gloves for clearing, it feels nice, but for some reason they are very expensive this league so maybe not worth it. If you do, you need an additional curse eg. Doedre's ring.

Single target damage is coming from the herald and cluster jewel scaling. You still need to scale up gem levels and character levels and hp a lot.

Hi Bobblybook!!

Thank you for your answer!!

Well... I was just testing a map xD. I know is soon and I have to level up the character and some gems. But, I was buying some items and I wanted to know as much as possible before I waste some currency into something I shouldn't. It happenned to me before...xD

So, to have it clear. We can apply 2 curse. then, with the last ascendancy 3, and with the Doedre's ring and the Asenath's gloves 4, is that correct?
If Im not applying poacher's mark, it means that right now I can only apply 1 curse?

I have no problem to buy the Asenath's gloves. So ill do the change soon.

Also, thinking about using Meat shield due to my zombies are dying a lot

TY!!
Last edited by Sanfear on Apr 28, 2020, 9:02:05 AM
"
Sanfear wrote:

Hi Bobblybook!!

Thank you for your answer!!

Well... I was just testing a map xD. I know is soon and I have to level up the character and some gems. But, I was buying some items and I wanted to know as much as possible before I waste some currency into something I shouldn't. It happenned to me before...xD

So, to have it clear. We can apply 2 curse. then, with the last ascendancy 3, and with the Doedre's ring and the Asenath's gloves 4, is that correct?
If Im not applying poacher's mark, it means that right now I can only apply 1 curse?

I have no problem to buy the Asenath's gloves. So ill do the change soon.

Also, thinking about using Meat shield due to my zombies are dying a lot

TY!!

Yes, you should have 3 curses (Poacher's, proj weakness, Despair) using base curse + chest piece + ascendancy.

The 4th curse from Asenath's gloves is needed if you are going to run the gloves. This is because by equipping the gloves, it removes one of your other (more important) curses, so you can't just run 3 curses and "ignore" the temporal chains. It will take priority unfortunately.

There are 5 ways to get a 4th curse. From cheapest to most expensive:

Doedre's Damning ring - gives no good stats other than +1 curse.

Windshriek boots - not many good stats other than +1 curse.

Taking/anointing Whispers of Doom on the skill tree. Takes quite a few skill points to path to, and if you anoint it then you miss out on the nice damage of Grave Intentions.

Awakened curse on hit gem - probably the ideal option but quite expensive.

+1 curse amulet - cheap if you use a bad amulet, but because we want to anoint a +2 gem level amulet, getting +1 curse corruption on this is like mirror tier crafting. Definitely too expensive and not worth for the tiny QoL boost from the glove explosions.
Last edited by Bobblybook on Apr 28, 2020, 7:58:44 PM
Hi Bobblybook!!

Thanks again for your help!

Now is clear.

Actually, I already did some improvements already and its feeling really good.

And 9 more levels xD. Also the resto the gems are all in between 17-19/20%

I just missing the asenath gloves, that i will buy tomorrow.

After that, I will just keep leveling and save currency for more upgrades xD (mostly i think I need life, 4.659 atm). But, what do you think I should upgrade enext?

EDIT: I have the gloves xD. The explosion is great hehehe

TY!!
Last edited by Sanfear on Apr 28, 2020, 10:41:12 PM
Hello Bobbly,

This is the build I had earmarked for the next season and am looking forward to it.

Have you seen anything in the details that have been released about Heist and the new curse mechanics that might detract from this build next season?

If not, I am definitely building the Scion version of this on the 18th.
"
BastiatXIV wrote:
Hello Bobbly,

This is the build I had earmarked for the next season and am looking forward to it.

Have you seen anything in the details that have been released about Heist and the new curse mechanics that might detract from this build next season?

If not, I am definitely building the Scion version of this on the 18th.

Good to see you're interested!

The curse ramp up mechanics and such are irrelevant for this build, as we're triggering all the curses. Also the curse skills like doom blast or whatever they're called will probably not be used.
There is some potential for Doom Blast or Hex Blast to be used instead of soulrend for clearing, but judging by the style of Doom Blast (detonates at the end of the hex duration) and the fact that Hex Blast consumes (at least one) hex, they don't seem likely to replace soulrend.

The biggest change would be the rework of Projectile Weakness curse into Sniper's Mark. Currently we rely on this curse for 100% pierce for both Barrage and the Agony Crawler.

If this mechanic gets changed, then we need to find another source of Pierce. It could mean using the Pierce gem, or even something like chain or fork.

Also pending the above change, if Sniper's Mark is not useful in any way to us, then this may free up another curse slot, or (more likely) removing one curse from the build. This removes the need for using up a ring slot on Doedre's Damning (or the expensive variant, Awakened Curse on Hit gem).
This would optimise the gear a little further, at the expense of either having to gem swap chain/pierce into the herald links, or just run Herald without chain/pierce.

This hasn't been announced yet, so we need to wait and see what happens!
Last edited by Bobblybook on Sep 15, 2020, 8:57:46 AM
Some prelim 3.12 info. Some negative, some positive:

Some major changes to our curse setup (TL;DR at the bottom).
- Projectile weakness is becoming Sniper's Mark.
This is very powerful and good for us on bosses. It is not reduced by boss curse reductions or hexproof. However, we will lose proj weakness. This means no pierce, no knockback. To fix this, Pierce gem should be now used in Barrage.

- Poacher's Mark is becoming a mark and not a curse. This means no AoE application and no using Curse-on-Hit gem (now called Hextouch). This was our source of mana sustain and also provided some nice life gain on hit. However it was reduced substantially on bosses due to boss curse reduction. To gain this effect back, we could either run mana gain-on-hit jewels, or a Gluttony belt.
I think Gluttony is the best option - it now provides a lot of life and mana gain on hit (comparable to Poacher's Mark in 3.10, but NOT reduced by bosses!!). It provides culling strike, which is a nice 10% cull on important bosses like izaro, sirus, etc.
This also means that our mana sustain will no longer be tied to a curse, and therefore hexproof maps are not really an issue. This means we can potentially drop Cospri's Will and run another chest - our mana sustain and boss debuff (Sniper's Mark) are both immune to hexproof. Either a rare hunter chest with +1 curse (if the build requires a +1 still), a league-specific unique this league (eg. a replica unique) or just a big hp/res rare chest.

Ranger is probably (again) the go-to class for this build, Scion is no longer very useful due to the shuffling of curses. We don't need +1 curse from occultist, and none of the other scion sub-ascendancies seem overly beneficial. Pathfinder gives some chaos damage, reduced virulence decay and some defensive bonuses such as ailment immunity.

TL;DR:
Ranger again, Scion no longer recommended.
We no longer stack a lot of curses. Some items shuffled to compensate.
Likely is an overall increase in power/QoL for this build. I will have an updated guide ready prior to 3.12 launch and will update the main post.
Last edited by Bobblybook on Sep 17, 2020, 4:45:56 AM
"
Bobblybook wrote:
Some prelim 3.11 info. Some negative, some positive:

Some major changes to our curse setup (TL;DR at the bottom).
- Projectile weakness is becoming Sniper's Mark.
This is very powerful and good for us on bosses. It is not reduced by boss curse reductions or hexproof. However, we will lose proj weakness. This means no pierce, no knockback. To fix this, Pierce gem should be now used in Barrage.

- Poacher's Mark is becoming a mark and not a curse. This means no AoE application and no using Curse-on-Hit gem (now called Hextouch). This was our source of mana sustain and also provided some nice life gain on hit. However it was reduced substantially on bosses due to boss curse reduction. To gain this effect back, we could either run mana gain-on-hit jewels, or a Gluttony belt.
I think Gluttony is the best option - it now provides a lot of life and mana gain on hit (comparable to Poacher's Mark in 3.10, but NOT reduced by bosses!!). It provides culling strike, which is a nice 10% cull on important bosses like izaro, sirus, etc.
This also means that our mana sustain will no longer be tied to a curse, and therefore hexproof maps are not really an issue. This means we can potentially drop Cospri's Will and run another chest - our mana sustain and boss debuff (Sniper's Mark) are both immune to hexproof. Either a rare hunter chest with +1 curse (if the build requires a +1 still), a league-specific unique this league (eg. a replica unique) or just a big hp/res rare chest.

Ranger is probably (again) the go-to class for this build, Scion is no longer very useful due to the shuffling of curses. We don't need +1 curse from occultist, and none of the other scion sub-ascendancies seem overly beneficial. Pathfinder gives some chaos damage, reduced virulence decay and some defensive bonuses such as ailment immunity.

TL;DR:
Ranger again, Scion no longer recommended.
We no longer stack a lot of curses. Some items shuffled to compensate.
Likely is an overall increase in power/QoL for this build. I will have an updated guide ready prior to 3.11 launch and will update the main post.

Im Assuming you mean 3.12 not 3.11? since 3.11 was harvest
"
Unch wrote:
Im Assuming you mean 3.12 not 3.11? since 3.11 was harvest

Sorry lol, yes 3.12!!

Edit: 3.12 Updates complete, ready for Heist launch!
Edit2: I have decided to use this build once again as a league starter for 3.12. I will outline my progress per-day at the top of the original post so new players can see my general thought process when starting from nothing.
Last edited by Bobblybook on Sep 19, 2020, 4:32:43 PM
How exactly do you craft cluster jewels? I didn't play much the last few leagues and suddenly there are all these crazy mechanics lmao

am i just supposed to buy a white cluster jewel of the right ilvl and then spam orbs on it?
"
Caerulean wrote:
How exactly do you craft cluster jewels? I didn't play much the last few leagues and suddenly there are all these crazy mechanics lmao

am i just supposed to buy a white cluster jewel of the right ilvl and then spam orbs on it?

Sorry I have not outlined that yet, I have not played this build since cluster jewels were introduced and I needed to find the best method to craft them.

For the medium jewels, buy the correct base (Minion damage while you have a herald, with 4 passives) and correct itemlevel.
Choose minimum item level (68-74) to roll the desired mods, as it blocks many other mods from the pool from rolling at higher itemlevels.

Just Alteration spam (augment if you hit a suffix with no prefix) until you get Pure Agony. Then Augment and regal for Cult Leader (or Invigorating Portents, I got one with this and I decided to keep it).
You may have to do this a few times but it's the cheapest way to roll these.

For the large cluster, again get the correct base (Minion damage) with 8 passives. Again choose item level 50-67 for this one to remove as many unwanted mods as possible.

Craft this one using fossils and resonators.
You need Renewal, Feasting Fiends and Call to the Slaughter.
There are two options for this, either Bound Fossils (1 socket resonators) or Bound + Metallic fossils (2 socket resonators).

I crafted mine with just Bound fossils, just compare the two costs as prices will fluctuate. Currently the above links show 53c estimated for 1-socket craft, and 47c for 2-socket craft. Also feel free to price check the fossil costs as they are not always 100% accurate.

Also if you don't feel like crafting and dealing with the chance of getting unlucky, you can buy the combination you need. Just be aware that the average cost of rolling your own is around 50c, so it doesn't make sense to pay much more than this. It's a very easy combination of mods to roll.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info