[3.12] Necromantic Scribe - [Fun Playstyle] [6.5k Life] [5mil boss dps]

Thanks for this Build and updates. It makes a lot of fun and i like the "twin-mode" for mapping an bossing. I'm relativly new in this game... so some mechanism are realy hard to understand for me.

Could you please take a look at my build?
I using now Circle of Nostalgia with + dmg for the crawler and + chaos dmg if the crawler is active. additional a plus 10%inc chaos dmg. + Triad Grip with 3 wite Sockets.

Theoretical my whole dmg is now Chaos... is it worth to add more + % chaos dmg? Chaos should add my whole dmg - correct?

Another question
I've got the node Whispers of Doom... so i have dropped the Ring (+1 curse). Is that correct?

Another
Steelskin + CastonDmgTaken + Summon Stone Golem has now no level restriction in your guide... is that correct? Should we level them now to max?

one more
Which Node we have to add to our Amulet with the new Synth-Mechanic?

My next steps would be to optimize my flask setup; check for a +3 minion helmet with 5L; craft the +2 ring (Thanks for the detailed howTo); and lvl 21 Herald

I'm a little bit squishy at this moment... i have to add more live.

Any failures? Suggestions?

Thanks a lot! :)
Last edited by ButterCreme on Jan 9, 2020, 3:08:34 AM
"
ButterCreme wrote:
Theoretical my whole dmg is now Chaos... is it worth to add more + % chaos dmg? Chaos should add my whole dmg - correct?

Increased chaos damage will only increase your own damage, not your Agony Crawler's damage. The circle of nostalgia is nice, that will give a good boost to your soulrend damage as well.

Because of the Spiritual Aid node on the tree, minion damage works for scaling both the Agony Crawler and our own damage, so it's ideal to get increased minion damage if you can (on jewels etc).

"
ButterCreme wrote:
Another question
I've got the node Whispers of Doom... so i have dropped the Ring (+1 curse). Is that correct?

Yes, but you should wear the +1 ring if/when you equip Asenath's Gentle Touch for mapping.

"
ButterCreme wrote:
Steelskin + CastonDmgTaken + Summon Stone Golem has now no level restriction in your guide... is that correct? Should we level them now to max?

I now recommend a manual cast, max level steelskin instead of CwdT. This league is very rippy, and it's helpful to be able to trigger this shield preemptively if you can see damage coming rather than waiting for it to proc.
The golem is also not necessary - I was using it with CwdT, but there are better things to use the gem socket for now.

"
ButterCreme wrote:

I recommend Grave Intentions (Sepia/Violet/Violet as of 3.9).
I have all this info as well as the updated gem setup in the PoB link.

"
ButterCreme wrote:
My next steps would be to optimize my flask setup; check for a +3 minion helmet with 5L; craft the +2 ring (Thanks for the detailed howTo); and lvl 21 Herald

Definitely roll yourself a 20% seething or bubbling divine life flask, as well as your other flasks.

You also appear to have a point in crit chance near Heartseeker (not sure if this was a misclick while levelling), and also Arrow Dancing which I do not recommend.

Otherwise just keep working on your gear, more life, minion helmet, flasks and levels.
Last edited by Bobblybook on Jan 9, 2020, 3:33:46 AM
"
Bobblybook wrote:
"
ButterCreme wrote:

Increased chaos damage will only increase your own damage, not your Agony Crawler's damage. The circle of nostalgia is nice, that will give a good boost to your soulrend damage as well.

Because of the Spiritual Aid node on the tree, minion damage works for scaling both the Agony Crawler and our own damage, so it's ideal to get increased minion damage if you can (on jewels etc).

I thought because of 100% dmg convertion to chaos, +%chaos will also work for the Agony Crawler?
Nice Hind with Spiritual Aid! I wasn't aware of that - nice!

"
Bobblybook wrote:

"
ButterCreme wrote:
Another question

Yes, but you should wear the +1 ring if/when you equip Asenath's Gentle Touch for mapping.

Allright!

"
Bobblybook wrote:

"
ButterCreme wrote:

I now recommend a manual cast, max level steelskin instead of CwdT. This league is very rippy, and it's helpful to be able to trigger this shield preemptively if you can see damage coming rather than waiting for it to proc.
The golem is also not necessary - I was using it with CwdT, but there are better things to use the gem socket for now.

Due to my less experience i was happy about that CwdT ... it is hard to trigger StoneSkin at the right moment. I Think i will these both still remain and looking for another option for the Stone Golem.

"
Bobblybook wrote:

"
ButterCreme wrote:

I recommend Grave Intentions (Sepia/Violet/Violet as of 3.9).
I have all this info as well as the updated gem setup in the PoB link.

Grave Intensions=
15% Chaos Res
- Good
25% Chance of Unholy Might
- What do you mean, if we use this on the Poet's Pen and replace the 15% Spell Damage. Spell Damage is crap for us?, because it will not influence our Damage (Chaos)?
10% Shield to Minons
- Will only affect our MeatShield Skill (Skelli or Zombie) = crap

We could better use Ravenous Horde?
Minions 10% Movement Speed
- Ok, not great
Minions 20% Damage
- Damage for all (newly learned) = very good
Minions 5% Attack Speed
- Good
Minions 5% Cast Speed
- crap
Minions 10% Chance to proc Onslaught = 20% Attack Speed
- Good

"
Bobblybook wrote:

"
ButterCreme wrote:

Definitely roll yourself a 20% seething or bubbling divine life flask, as well as your other flasks.

You also appear to have a point in crit chance near Heartseeker (not sure if this was a misclick while levelling), and also Arrow Dancing which I do not recommend.

Otherwise just keep working on your gear, more life, minion helmet, flasks and levels.

Flasks - done
Both was misclick - done
Minion Helm - done

Is it possible to isolate a +1 dex Skill with an awakener's orb and add it to my existing amulet?

Thank you a very lot for your detailed answers! Thanks dude!
"
ButterCreme wrote:
I thought because of 100% dmg convertion to chaos, +%chaos will also work for the Agony Crawler?

No, even though the Agony Crawler deals chaos damage, it's coming from the crawler and not you. Increased chaos damage on your skill tree or gear will only scale your own damage. You can test this in Path of Building if you're unsure!

"
ButterCreme wrote:
Due to my less experience i was happy about that CwdT ... it is hard to trigger StoneSkin at the right moment. I Think i will these both still remain and looking for another option for the Stone Golem.

You can still use CwdT if you like, it just isn't so useful if you get 1 shot while it is triggering.

I like to have my flasks on A, S, D, F, and I keep steelskin or molten shell on W. This way it's very easy to press them all just before fighting a big pack of monsters.

For the amulet anointment, again you can check PoB for the numbers. Unholy might is just that good for the agony crawler. In addition, it has a much higher proc rate (so higher uptime) and it's much cheaper to anoint in terms of oil prices.

Sometimes these effects can be unreliable when you need them most, eg. single target bosses. However metamorphs spawn a lot of adds, so it should have 100% uptime on this buff.

"
ButterCreme wrote:
Is it possible to isolate a +1 dex Skill with an awakener's orb and add it to my existing amulet?

Yes, you should be able to do this, just use your current amulet as one of your two crafted amulets for the process. The most important thing when doing this is that your two amulets have ONLY ONE influenced modifier on them, and that all the other mods are just standard non-warlords/hunter/whatever modifiers.
Thanks for sharing. She's nothing short of amazing.
Hey so I'm looking to start delirium with this or something similar, any thoughts on the new passives? Lone Messenger seems like a huge dps boost.
"
SanyaV wrote:
Hey so I'm looking to start delirium with this or something similar, any thoughts on the new passives? Lone Messenger seems like a huge dps boost.

Yeah there will be a lot of experimenting to do with the new jewels and DIY modifications based on what you can get.

Lone Messenger is a crazy dps boost, and goes really well with the extra gem levels we got last patch (with +2 gem level amulets), since the 25% more boost scales really well with the flat boost from gem levels.
"
Bobblybook wrote:
"
SanyaV wrote:

Yeah there will be a lot of experimenting to do with the new jewels and DIY modifications based on what you can get.

Lone Messenger is a crazy dps boost, and goes really well with the extra gem levels we got last patch (with +2 gem level amulets), since the 25% more boost scales really well with the flat boost from gem levels.

Herald of Agony
Agony Crawler now deals 5% increased physical damage per Virulence you have at gem level 1 (from 6%), up to 9% at gem level 20 (from 12%).

No significant nerf there so, guess we're in business.
"
SanyaV wrote:
"
Bobblybook wrote:
"
SanyaV wrote:

Herald of Agony
Agony Crawler now deals 5% increased physical damage per Virulence you have at gem level 1 (from 6%), up to 9% at gem level 20 (from 12%).

It's a little bit of a nerf but the extra 25% from the node will easily offset it and then some, so next patch will be an overall dps gain :)
"
SanyaV wrote:
"
Bobblybook wrote:
"
SanyaV wrote:

Herald of Agony

It's a little bit of a nerf but the extra 25% from the node will easily offset it and then some, so next patch will be an overall dps gain :)

Edit: UPDATED FOR 3.10

No real changes. Some really nice bonuses from cluster jewels, particularly Lone Messenger and one of the smaller nodes, Renewal. 10% chance for the crawler to deal double damage is excellent as he is always considered on full health, so effectively a 10% more multiplier. If you can get this and Lone Messenger in a cluster, you're looking at 35% MORE damage - insane.

Based on my 3.9 PoB with 3.1m dps, that would add over 1m dps alone. Maybe a little lower after factoring in the scaling nerfs, but this patch is a massive buff for the build I think.

Skill tree will need to be adjusted to make space for a cluster jewel. Some life or damage somewhere can be dropped, it's quite flexible and somewhat dependant on what jewels you can get. We have access to 2 cluster jewel locations naturally so no rerouting is required, just some saving of points.

This build is also heavy on momentum play, which seems to be ideal for Delirium.

Good luck to anyone playing this build this league, I think it will do very well.
Last edited by Bobblybook on Mar 13, 2020, 7:27:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info