3.6.3 Patch Notes

"
Memories placed in the Memory Nexus can now only be affected by up to five Memory Modifiers. Rebalanced Memory Modifiers as a result of the new maximum. Any existing Memories that had more than 5 Memory Modifiers applied to them have been reduced to meet the new maximum.

And there goes the only reason i still had to play this league. Not to mention that my 20+ Memory Modifiers are just gone . Good Job
"
Raxed wrote:
"
gnats255 wrote:
Ohh well we did get to have fun for a few weeks before casuals killed the fun in this league too.. Now even my dog can do the Nexus

I’m lvl 99 with 34 challenges and I thought the existing Nexus mechanics were awful. Am I a Casual?

Yes it takes no skill to follow a build guide and reach lvl99. If i told my dog to look at a website and do everything it says on that site and then kill monsters in a videogame it will reach lvl99...

To plan and execute the nexus takes time and it builds up a skill to do it fast and better every time.
Now that you are able to just plant pieces and move them around as it pleases you there is no more thinking behind that part of the game.

Now it is like 99% of PoE go fast and don't use your head and hope to not get one shot.
"
Fluxje wrote:
"
Grymmoch wrote:

What ARE you talking about? Your made up "99.9% functional product that has a FEW bugs of which most of were ALREADY stomped out (notice how you are diminishing the problem to basically non-existent when these forums are full of technical problems)" - "facts" and putting words into my mouth strategies don't work with me buddy.
*BLA
*car analogy

Went to bed, still woke up to this nonsense.
I quote your word by word, I am not putting anything in your mouth, just because you do not have the intellectual capacity to think your shit through and then type those into meaningfull sentences is not my fault.

And to use your car anology.
You buy a car, that IS completely functional. The only thing it is missing f.e. is parking sensors, autodetecting cruise control, and leather seatings.

Sure, competitors might give that out for the same money or more, BUT there is a reason why you want this specific car.
Think about that, before you go ram your head on the keyboard again.
You want THIS product for a reason.

Now not only do you demand you get the extra features i mentioned for free, you also expect and demand that all future accessoiries that will be ever invented to also be supplied to you for no cost. For the indefinite future.

I am honestly getting sick of entitled babies like you, who somehow expect to always get everything and anything their hearts desire.

There are some bugs here and there, and sure maybe GGG should focus on 1 league of bugfixing in the near future with less content. But dont forget that there are alot of other 'crying' customers who expect their favourite pet-class/skill/unique item/NPC/wildest wettest dream to become reality tomorrow too, all supplied by your friendly neighbourhood GGG.
They made a GIANT overhaul for all spellcasting abilities, something people wanted for a LONG time.
And still people go WEEEEH but it doesnt give me EXACTLY what i wanted, why you no listen to me.

Now im off, actually enjoying and playing this game.

You're proving the other guy right in that you are ignoring his arguments and are massively downplaying the issues the game is having which are VERY present, also on the forum (of which this 24 page comment section is a result). If you are not having any issues, that doesnt mean there arent any. And please for next time; keep playing the game if you enjoy it and dont bother the people that cant because of the discussed issues. We dont want new content; we want working content. And you could've known that if you actually read this comment section. But by all means, stay biased and toxic for no good reason.
"
Fluxje wrote:
"
Grymmoch wrote:

What ARE you talking about? Your made up "99.9% functional product that has a FEW bugs of which most of were ALREADY stomped out (notice how you are diminishing the problem to basically non-existent when these forums are full of technical problems)" - "facts" and putting words into my mouth strategies don't work with me buddy.
*BLA
*car analogy

(...)
You buy a car, that IS completely functional. The only thing it is missing f.e. is parking sensors, autodetecting cruise control, and leather seatings.

Sure, competitors might give that out for the same money or more, BUT there is a reason why you want this specific car.

Now not only do you demand you get the extra features i mentioned for free, you also expect and demand that all future accessoiries that will be ever invented to also be supplied to you for no cost. For the indefinite future.
(...)

Well....
The car analogy works quite good in this case. Maybe I will explain it in more details:
We all decided to buy this specific type of a car, because manufacturer have promised us a product you can drive in a very flexible way. We all enjoy possibility to adjust a suspension settings and gear ratios, to use this car in the way that we actually want (PoE allows you to play all typical archetypes of melee warriors, spell casters, auramancers, necromancers, bow users and their mixed, sometimes weird combinations like armoured mages etc. - this is fantastic!).
The problem is, that you start to enjoy your new car and very quickly you discover that there are missing important things which make driving experience not that good you have expected. Those are not features like "parking sensors, autodetecting cruise control, and leather seatings", which you can consider not mandatory, but there are missing windscreens, lights and seats (your 4 default stashes can be full after one week of very, very careful approach to inventory management). You like this car, so no problem - you buy missing elements to use it with pleasure and a cost is finally fully comparable to other cars (to buy a reasonable amount of stashes you need to spend at least same amount of money that you would spend on a typical payable game).
Then you discover, that engine does not work as expected (you experience disconnections, crashes, freezes, new clunky game mechanics you do not like, etc.). Then you return to your seler's service and have no support. Instead of fixing your engine, they propose you to buy a new lacquer, spoilers, led light system for the bottom your car, chromium exhausts (more wings, skins, weapon effects... endless list), they also update your engine with new, even more clunky mechanics. They also replace your chassis for heavier one every few months, so you use more and more petrol and the car is going slower and slower (complaints for unreasonably bad frame-rate are quite often - sometimes this game seems to use far more system resources than it should).
And then... some people says that you cannot complain, you should enjoy - it is free-to-play and unique game.
Maybe this game is unique... But I really wish that GGG had more professional approach to the market. This game idea is great, it deserves to have better known on the market and have many permanent users and big community. But Devs have to modify their market approach. We are all customers - we have new ideas, we advise them what we would like to see (and what not) and we pay (more or less often).
"
Fluxje wrote:

I am honestly getting sick of entitled babies like you, who somehow expect to always get everything and anything their hearts desire.

This is really good one: "entitled babies"... I am probably old enough to be your father! :D
Last edited by Mark___75 on Mar 28, 2019, 8:47:02 AM
Decay seems to be faster now and I'm getting close to a 50% failure rate of completing the main objective of a memory piece, how am I suppose to play the league mechanic like this?
Maybe I just suck or my build isn't good for it but that means that many others have the same issue.
I begin to feel a little lost with this league mechanic, I can't not run it because it contains a lot of loot but I also can't run it.
Last edited by World_Destructor on Mar 28, 2019, 9:51:16 AM
"
Fluxje wrote:
"
Grymmoch wrote:

*BLA
*car analogy

Went to bed, still woke up to this nonsense.
I quote your word by word, I am not putting anything in your mouth, just because you do not have the intellectual capacity to think your shit through and then type those into meaningfull sentences is not my fault.

There are some bugs here and there, and sure maybe GGG should focus on 1 league of bugfixing in the near future with less content. But dont forget that there are alot of other 'crying' customers who expect their favourite pet-class/skill/unique item/NPC/wildest wettest dream to become reality tomorrow too, all supplied by your friendly neighbourhood GGG.
They made a GIANT overhaul for all spellcasting abilities, something people wanted for a LONG time.
And still people go WEEEEH but it doesnt give me EXACTLY what i wanted, why you no listen to me.

Now im off, actually enjoying and playing this game.

You say you are quoting me word by word, but you are replacing my words with "BLA" and ignore them.
You say you aren't putting words in my mouth, when in fact you did and conveniently ignore that.
You repeadetly invent statements, contradict them, and then try to blame me for the result.
Your argumentation and response pattern goes like this: "assertion without argument, one of the above, name calling".
You don't even realize you are talking to 2 different people; and pep talk up your own intelligence while needlessy bashing the others.

My OCD superpowers are wasted on a discussion with you. I'm out.
Thx GGG, now that you made the memory mods OP AF i'm finally a happy kid enjoying all the tons of loot raining on my head.
Of course i'm not happy at all, i'm very disappointed instead.
This patch has made this league totally braindead, but I do hope more people will join us and play this beautiful game now that it is easier than playing tetris against a bot
Last edited by Sylarus on Mar 28, 2019, 3:22:07 PM
"
Sylarus wrote:
Thx GGG, now that you made the memory mods OP AF i'm finally a happy kid enjoying all the tons of loot raining on my head.
This patch has made this league totally braindead, but I do hope more people will join us and play this beautiful game now that it is easier than playing tetris against a bot

But Poe is first and foremost an ARPG where you kill stuff and get loot in return, the most basic of game concepts. I think hardly anybody asked for it to turn into a boardgame substitute for which, in order to play it correctly, you have to watch several videos and constantly look stuff up on a 3rd-party database site.

For the average player (which is GGG's primary target demographic) this league was very unintuitive and difficult to get a hold of, both because of mechanical and UI shortcomings. With the latest patch they are now at a point where you can actually just get into the temp league and have some fun with it without prior knowledge. This is especially important with the current PS4 launch in mind. Although they still should integrate the list of craftable mods somehow into the game, it's far from ideal having to alt-tab and search through some database for that info. That goes for all crafting mods in my opinion.

It's ok if people want to play a game with deep mechanics, but the core idea should still be easy to grasp, even for a new player. This was not the case with Synthesis at launch.
Last edited by MoarStuff on Mar 29, 2019, 2:55:45 AM
"
MoarStuff wrote:
"
Sylarus wrote:

But Poe is first and foremost an ARPG where you kill stuff and get loot in return, the most basic of game concepts. I think hardly anybody asked for it to turn into a boardgame substitute for which, in order to play it correctly, you have to watch several videos and constantly look stuff up on a 3rd-party database site. (...)

This Synthesis mechanics is absolutely useless! You have to farm maps to have Memory Fragments (which usually do not fit to your memory map), which will let you farm Deep Memories, to finally obtain PATHETIC reward. This is even worst than previous league (which was also very bad)!
The best league in last years was Delve - you could have fun in the mine, you could also have some currency which could be used for semi-controlled crafting. Difficulty level in Delve is progressing with the level, reward given is usually also better and better when you go deeper and deeper. I cannot understand why GGG is destroying so good concept by so bad ratio of available sulphite to costs of deep delving and by nerfing the loot in the entire mine (I agree that loot in the low level mine was probably too good).
That's the last distant memory I crash with. I'm officially sick of this beta trash. Please let me know when you have production ready content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info