Your PlayStation Questions Answered

TY GGG!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
samtallon wrote:
"
Pobatti wrote:

So Sony is banking on MTX sales alone, in a game where a huge number of players will either by no or very little MTX. If those players were able to simply port their pre-existing MTX across, that would massively cripple those takings and provide little to no benefit to Sony.

Thats true, but let's see the bigger picture. PoE is mainstream now. Especially after blizzard screw up diablo. Just having PoE on platform can attract new players. Those new players will eventually buy some other games. Here is profit!

Clearly those guys at Sony can see the bigger picture. In PS3 early years they were selling consoles at a loss, just to build up install base.

That would be true if PoE were an MTX Piñata. If giving-away a small amount of MTX today meant that significant amounts of MTX would be sold later as a direct result which ultimately brings in additional profit, they would do it.

Unfortunately the only real "pressure" that exists to sell MTX to people who're otherwise tight with their purse-strings lies with the stash-tabs; having a few additional tabs takes that pressure away completely, or at least alleviates the pressure drastically. People who've ported stash-tabs across from the PC have more storage space and thus won't run into problems that necessitate buying stash-tabs for that much longer if at all.

But above everything else, the honest truth is that anyone with a PS4 would likely be giving Sony far more money if they played any other game than Path of Exile.

Path of Exile commits two cardinal sins: it can be played for little to no cost, and it can be played indefinitely. Sony won't like the idea of a large chunk of their install-base playing this free-to-play game, rather than being out there on the market looking for a brand-new £60 game every couple of months.

The only reason Sony even has games like Fortnite and PoE on the PS4 is because the absence of those games is construed as a drawback, a negative thing which gives their competitors the upper-hand and generates bad publicity. Sony will entertain the option of allowing those games onto the store for customer-relations reasons, but they really won't want you playing them for any length of time: they'd much prefer you remain a floating-gamer that's between games and thus liable to jump on any major release that Sony markets heavily.

And that, in a nutshell, is why you won't see PoE appear prominantly in any Sony promotional material.
Last edited by Pobatti on Mar 25, 2019, 4:31:17 AM
Why we need asia region too : \
TAKE MY MONEY!!!
"
Yuehuaaa wrote:
what a letdown that its not coming to asia, waited 5 month for this ... could have told us in the beginning that its only for america and europe at first launch...

Simply, create a PS account as EU. Go to PS Store with this account and buy the game (no need to install on this account). Go back to your original PS account and download the game.

However, you have to wait asia region release to buy stuff (tabs/MTX).
I live near KSA and my PS store is KSA as well. So, that means I won't be able to play?

Well that sucks I have been waiting for several months.
I'm downloading it right now on PSN (Im on QLD Australia). 10.256 GB download 16 mins left
At last I can play, after years, PoE at 60FPS (or close to). Time to ditch my craptop. Can't wait. PoE on PS4 here I come!
"
PaxSMB wrote:
I'm downloading it right now on PSN (Im on QLD Australia). 10.256 GB download 16 mins left

What is it listed under because I am not seeing here in the UK ?
"
PaxSMB wrote:

So preload is real! Got to check my region.
UPD. I found Playstation Plus Bundle One. Some pet and skin. No game though. (RU region)
Last edited by samtallon on Mar 25, 2019, 9:38:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info