The New Zana changes seem kinda bad.

It's double gated, which is terrible. Ulucky with the spawn, double punished because you can't buy new maps from her. Makes no sense whatsoever. This was actually the reason I went back to trade league after one league on SSF.
If your playing more than 3+ hours a day, its fantastic since you get lots of bonus missions you wouldnt otherwise have got.

It's a huge step backwards for anything resembling casual play though.

I dont really care about the other masters being gated like this (even delve) but ZANA is who you use to assist with that gate. She shouldnt be gated in the same way for her daily mission.
Well compared to the old masters, it uncaps the zone level where the event takes place, or in theory better caters it to where your grinding maps at that point in time.

It's fine a month or so into the league when you've filled out the Atlas and have multiples of each map in the general tier range you run, and rewards playing longer a lot moreso than previous masters.

It's just absolute balls for building the Atlas in the first place since often you'll lose your daily mission even if you do play a lot, since it can potentially despawn every 5 or so maps you run.
I don't really like the daily mission being tied to the atlas. I'd rather have at least the initial daily open when you talk to them like before. Then you can grab further missions on the atlas if you want to target farm them more.

I've actually progressed super slow these past 2 leagues because I always relied on zana to help start up the atlas. There have been many days where I can't reach her daily or don't have the map available. I don't really want to feel forced to trade for a daily map.
That's one of the few things I would like to see. Let the maps Zana sells refresh once per day, at the old daily reset time, in addition to resetting when finding her on the Atlas. That solves the big problem of missing her, because you do not have the map to run. You always get a restock, once a day, no matter what.
"
silverdash wrote:
New zana is better overall but for SSF it's a lot worse.

This is truth.

The entire new Master system is sub par to the previous iteration, Vorici missions aside, in my opinion.

But my opinion does not matter, as anyone who plays can clearly see the development of this game has been, and continues even moreso towards layered RNG.

Why have a deterministic daily mission when you can put it on a random map in the Atlas?

Oh, you don't have those maps, well may I introduce you to our lovely PoE trade system? It is smooth and practically effortless to purchase a low tier map.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
How about the way she looks now? I mean, I get they wanted to update the model to fit in with the new ones but seriously with those round glasses and dumb outfit she looks like a teacher from Hogwarts.

I love her new look. 10/10. Shame about the gutting of master dailies. I don't like that part, but at least Zana looks like a hot Hogwarts teacher now. :D
"if u point out my narcissism 1 more time i ll report ur ass.
then i ll ignore u."
"you dont play this game and i find no value in your feedbacks. keep your advice to yourself. i ll sure have fun not reading ur comments again."

Path of Exile community in a nutshell.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
"
silverdash wrote:
New zana is better overall but for SSF it's a lot worse.

This is truth.

The entire new Master system is sub par to the previous iteration, Vorici missions aside, in my opinion.

Well no, thats not true.

Nobody liked any of the old master missions, at all aside from Zana (for free maps). None of them let you do anything worthwhile, they were just a time waster.

All of the new master missions are highly desirable (or at least have desirable rewards per run).

The way the mission work in general on the Atlas is good, it gives you something to target other than flipping shaper/elder zones.

The only real problem is tying access to the daily missions into such a high RNG requirement. There's no way i'm spending 30 chaos a day just to access my daily missions. That's stupid.
Last edited by Asmosis on Mar 26, 2019, 6:19:19 AM
The only updates I can think of I'd like to current masters are:

Zana

Restock shop when she spwans on the map, not when that map is opened.
Bias shop contents to contain incomplete maps where all but 1-2 on a tier are complete.

Niko

Niko should dig to monster level 68 depth as player reaches that level so that delving at start of maps isn't in pathetic content.

Alva

Add a one-per-temple free choice of Incursion room in exchange for an item which drops from the Omnitect.

Jun

Increase rate of veiled mod drops. Each encounter should at least drop one veiled rare.
Remove "remove all rivalries" outcome. Seriously, why would you even?

Einhar

Einhar is a perfect cinnamon roll and requires no changes.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Whenever you ask "is anyone else?" you're creating a bias. Of course there's someone else. There's someone else who puts ketchup on their mashed potatoes too. Doesn't make it right.

I don't think it's necessarily 'creating a bias'. AFAIK, that phrase can be used to just spark a conversation
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Mar 26, 2019, 8:07:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info