(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
bridgeburner wrote:

Yes, I know my gear is awful. SSF btw.

I'm not sure what to focus on next. I have a Silverbranch that I could try and 6L and hope for the prophecy. I could try to farm the 6L imperial bow from Oasis. I really need to get some evasion and resists from my chest and stop using Tabula but I'm not sure what the best play is. Porcupine cards are out of my reach at the moment because I'm probably not tanky enough to get to the maps where they drop.

Can I self-craft a 6L imperial bow that will be good enough til I can get farm Porcupine? Or try to 6L the Silverbranch?

Thanks.
I'd farm any item level 64+ bow, preferably one with higher attack speed but anything will do, 5 socket and 5L it. 4 would be only ok. Then alt spam it until you get +2 bow gems, regal, and craft on either attack speed or more damage, depending on what affixes you got.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
bridgeburner wrote:
Can I self-craft a 6L imperial bow that will be good enough til I can get farm Porcupine?
Imperial has only slightly less attack speed than thicket / grove (0.1 or so), I believe it might be in fact the cheapest to get 6-link imperial from cards and get +2 bow gems on it until you have enough currency to make a top endgame bow.

You should be able to do yellow / early red maps on just +2 bow, author says he even did it on a 5-link instead of 6.

"
How do you guys think the new Darkscorn bow compares to the craftable bows?.
This isn't a poison build, so Darkscorn completely doesn't fit.

There are poison scourge arrow / toxic rain / herald of agony builds but those are different builds and mostly for poison oriented ascendancies like assassin or pathfinder. If you want to make a build around Darkscorn, look into these.

"
grimjack68 wrote:
Do the "+2 Bow Gems" and "+2 Support Gems" prefixes block each other?
Yes, they belong to the same category, if you have "bow gems" on an item it won't let you craft the catarina mod on it.

"
I just started this build once the new league began. In blight league I chose Ranger (pathfinder) and I have to say if you think this is squishy try pathfinder. You get one shotted even with the best gear in 15 16 tier so much it's hard to level up past 90.

Anyways this feels much smoother so far. I'm going trickster too. I'm hoping it ends up being 10x superior to Pathfinder.
It is a bit expensive for the best gear I'm hoping I can get by until I save enough.
Trickster will always end up having more damage, but if you expect 10 times more than your blight character, not sure if that can happen, especially after multi crafting and 7 link bows got culled.

I played pathfinder version in legion and my take on that was: evasion sucks and the only way for me to salvage it was iron reflexes + molten shell, and then I found the character quite tanky (perma jade flask of reflexes with all the flask increases and iron reflexes = shitton of armor and fat vaal molten shells).

Evasion sucks imo if it's your only layer of defense. Luckily trickster has a few more, like decent chunk of energy shield, ghost shrouds and some extra dodge. So it's probably feeling much smoother with evasion than pathfinder / deadeye with evasion and basically nothing else (and some dodge from acro).

Also I heard this season is heavy on spell damage taken, so invest into your atziri step / phase acro (or perfect form) since spells ignore evasion and chaos ones ignore energy shield, so the character might feel squishy without close-to-cap spell dodge. (This isn't towards the last person quoted specifically, but in general, since complaints about trickster being squishy cropped up here and there.)
Last edited by Viktranka on Dec 26, 2019, 1:59:02 PM

Managed to get this base, should I just multi-mod with +2 level of support gems and CDoT multi and call it a day? Or is there anything else I can do to roll a good last suffix besides exalt slamming and praying for RNG? Also yes, I still need to 6-link it :).
Last edited by TakmaN on Dec 26, 2019, 3:08:26 PM
"
TakmaN wrote:

Managed to get this base, should I just multi-mod with +2 level of support gems and CDoT multi and call it a day? Or is there anything else I can do to roll a good last suffix besides exalt slamming and praying for RNG? Also yes, I still need to 6-link it :).
First, boost the quality. Either use the Jun mod at the crafting bench, or set up Hillock in Transportation at level 3 and run his syndicate hideout mission. That will give you a fair boost for your 6L attempt.

Then 6L it.

Then scour off the quality mod if you crafted it at the bench.

Then decide if you want to craft it to +3 as is and YOLO exalt slam after and hope for attack speed, or go for the crazy endgame bow, or something in between.
SPOILERS FOR THE AWAKENER ENCOUNTER.

Here's a run I did earlier, the fight is pretty disappointing when you learn storms. I added it to the OP, but it doesn't seem like many people read it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP4f0myN6GE
Hey there,
i'm still pretty noobish with all this crafting which is why i'd like to ask why u cant do a vp bow anymore ? poedb says u can still craft +%phys & lvl20 VP on an elder bow as prefix? Is there a problem with the suffixes or what am i missing ?

ty in advance
Zeo
Last edited by Zeodemare on Dec 26, 2019, 9:11:21 PM
"
Zeodemare wrote:
Hey there,
i'm still pretty noobish with all this crafting which is why i'd like to ask why u cant do a vp bow anymore ? poedb says u can still craft +%phys & lvl20 VP on an elder bow as prefix? Is there a problem with the suffixes or what am i missing ?

ty in advance
Zeo

It just hasn't been properly updated, you cannot roll VP now.
hey all, is there a trick to getting the links in the chest set up with the proper colours? i have the 4 link and 2 link set up like in the guide, but i'm having trouble getting the bottom 2 link to be double red. thanks
"
fly7669 wrote:
hey all, is there a trick to getting the links in the chest set up with the proper colours? i have the 4 link and 2 link set up like in the guide, but i'm having trouble getting the bottom 2 link to be double red. thanks
Go the other way. Craft 2 red, hopefully the last 4 go green, then use fusings until you link the top 2 and the bottom 4.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Dec 27, 2019, 2:04:17 AM
Hi, I still got a legacy VP bow with +1 to gems and a lvl 18 VP mod. My question is how should I proceed crafting. I was thinking of multi modding it and add a +2 to support gems but what should be the other craft? Attack speed or DoT multi.
Last edited by Razzmatazz on Dec 27, 2019, 6:08:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info