(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
blaity2 wrote:
"
"
blaity2 wrote:
Hi i just want to ask something:

Firstly, a Fact : Toxic rain has 2 different forms of damage

1: Chaos damage over time
2: Pod Explosion (area damage based on your weapon)

now in the key points section you say

"We do not scale the hit. We do not scale the poison. That means anything that scales hit or poison is bad. That includes your weapon's pDPS, damage with bows, poison damage, poison application, etc. They're useless. We scale the pods and nothing else"

To my knowledge the pods area explosion is an attack hit based on your weapons damage so scaling pdps will in turn increase the explosion dmg of the pods and TR is % phys converted to chaos

So if you "scaling pods" shouldnt you also scaling base dps along with everything else, or when you say "scaling the pods" you actually mean scaling the damage over time only and not the explosion?

Please note my question is not discussing the chaos dmg over time at all

The pod explosion is literally peanuts worth of DPs haha. Its all about scaling the dots.

yes i know this but why does the guide not say dots

it says pods lol

The pods create the dots. The explosion of the pod is the hit which is stated we aren't scaling.
"
"
blaity2 wrote:
"
Hi i just want to ask something:

Firstly, a Fact : Toxic rain has 2 different forms of damage

1: Chaos damage over time
2: Pod Explosion (area damage based on your weapon)

now in the key points section you say

"We do not scale the hit. We do not scale the poison. That means anything that scales hit or poison is bad. That includes your weapon's pDPS, damage with bows, poison damage, poison application, etc. They're useless. We scale the pods and nothing else"

To my knowledge the pods area explosion is an attack hit based on your weapons damage so scaling pdps will in turn increase the explosion dmg of the pods and TR is % phys converted to chaos

So if you "scaling pods" shouldnt you also scaling base dps along with everything else, or when you say "scaling the pods" you actually mean scaling the damage over time only and not the explosion?

Please note my question is not discussing the chaos dmg over time at all

The pod explosion is literally peanuts worth of DPs haha. Its all about scaling the dots.

yes i know this but why does the guide not say dots

it says pods lol

The pods create the dots. The explosion of the pod is the hit which is stated we aren't scaling. [/quote]

ook you clearly dont understand what im saying

at the very start of the guide in the KEY POINTS BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS section

the guide writer states "scaling pods" and nothing else, all im trying to say is that is confusing as it can be interpreted in 2 ways as the PODS do BOTH a dot and a hit

thats all im saying, he should change PODS to DOTS

im not debating the mechanics, just his use of language

can you understand now
my Men
Im a bit meh after nearly 6,6 K Hours playing POE.
Never played before a archer but i want look over the table and try it out. I have some little questions

Do you make an pastebin for upcomming Season?
Do you still thinking (with eyes on new Season, what we know till today) its a ``solid`` non glass cannon Build to do all content as medium skilled player?
Thanks for a great guide. :)
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Last edited by Hey0cean on Jan 12, 2021, 4:53:08 AM
oh well...We got hit pretty bad by the Nerf Hammer, damage and defensive wise :(

what do you guys think ?
would have loved to play this as league starter but now I´m not even excited about friday anymore.
Lost

6% reduced Damage Taken for 4 seconds after Spending a total of 200 Mana

+3% to Chance to Evade while you have Energy Shield

10% increased Movement Speed while you have Energy Shield

10% chance to Dodge Spell Hits if you have Energy Shield

50% increased Damage over Time

Thats really an insane nerf , while the damage nerf is kinda okayish the defensive nerf is absurd

You lose the spell dodge , the evade , the reduced damage , you also lose the movement speed that is useful for dodging shit

Was hyped to play the build as league start but with the amount of bosses and damage in this league/expansion im pretty sure trickster is out of the question for the build
For anyone sad about the nerfs, feel free to swap to Pathfinder or Occultist, it might be a good choice. PF for life build, Occultist for CI or hybrid.

To be honest pathfinder got some small nerfs but the compensation is that you no longer have to choose between attack speed node, more chaos damage node, or ailment immunity node. Pathfinder is bad. Hah, not anymore.
Then are you going pathfinder toxic rain Vitranka??
Idk, as the majority of players are im pretty discouraged with these cascading nerfs across the board, I guess ill try occultist with a skill tree roughly like this initially;

https://pastebin.com/VFjJLs63

but idk how itll actually perform, I knew they were going to hit aura stacking and golems hard but the trickster nerfs were outrageous.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Jan 11, 2021, 7:08:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info