(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
Viktranka wrote:
Tbh before you multimod it you should craft +18% quality and 6-link this bow, only then multimod if you haven't already.

You can also bump quality with hillock in transportation if I remember correctly? Higher quality gives higher chance for 6-link with fusing spam.

Yup, got it at around 700+ fusings

Question:

At what point are cluster jewels better, level and gear wise?

cheers

https://pastebin.com/1Ph5c8y8
If you can't control it, STOP.
Last edited by dagul23 on Dec 11, 2020, 2:50:44 PM
possible to drop discipline and run skitterbots+flesh and stone instead?
Looked everywhere in the guide. It only has the first 2 ascendancies. Where do we go after Patient Reaper and Prolonged pain or is that not even the way to go anymore?
I've looked around at peoples builds and I'm noticing that a lot of the stuff from the guide are outdated. Anyone in particular I should use as reference? Even the pastebins don't seem to be what people are following now.
Thanks in advance!

Which auras are we using here?
I see some pastebins different than others, it appears to be a mixture of Despair, Malevolence, Discipline, Vaal Clarity and Flesh and Blood.

Just look to clarify, thank you!
Last edited by DolphinCarpet on Dec 21, 2020, 3:55:18 PM
"
DolphinCarpet wrote:
Looked everywhere in the guide. It only has the first 2 ascendancies. Where do we go after Patient Reaper and Prolonged pain or is that not even the way to go anymore?
I've looked around at peoples builds and I'm noticing that a lot of the stuff from the guide are outdated. Anyone in particular I should use as reference? Even the pastebins don't seem to be what people are following now.
Thanks in advance!

What do you mean? He said that he went for Patient Reaper and Prolonged Pain in the beggining and then Ghost Shroud and Escape Artist. It depends on what you want. You can go Patient Reaper and Prolonged Pain firstly or Ghost Shroud and Escape Artist. Everything is written in Ascendancy spoiler.
I read the thing about "don't be a tooltip warrior" but I am not to that tier yet and I need some guidance as to what to look for on sheet dps. I experimented a bit but it's hard to tell, decisively, and I don't have the wealth to figure this out thru trial and error.

Took a break from the game for a while so I'm also kinda confused what the relationships are between CDOT and other stuff that sounds "chaosy" or "poisony".

"Poison damage over time from main hand hits" ... is this relevant? This is what I'm referring to when I say "sheet". But is this real? It appears to get a big numeric boost from phys dmg on the wep or quiv. But the damage in actual gameplay doesn't seem to be all that different.

I'm just going to link a few things and any helpful comments would be appreciated. TY!

What I'm using now, which feels and seems roughly the best. Sheet max is ~1100:

First bow I bought this league. Used it until at least the 80s. I thought the Poison dmg would be helpful, but now I'm not so sure. (I think this bow is def obsolete for me at this point but I'm just curious if the poison dmg was a thing or not.) Sheet was also about 1100 w/ this.

2nd 5L I bought, much earlier today. Sheet went way up, like double, cuz of the phys damage somewhy. And the performance in-game seemed to match what the sheet was telling me. But it feels slightly less killy than the 6L (which I bought a few hrs ago ... and the Efficacy is still leveling. IK i can use increased AOE gem too.)

Quiv I bought cuz it had DOT mult and nice defensives. Sheet dps appears way lower but is that +10 mult really what I need vs. the phys dmg on the other quiver?

What should I be using? (Besides the nice 20ex bow I saw earlier which almost exactly matches the build spec. ;))

Any help appreciated! TY!
"
xSTGx wrote:
I read the thing about "don't be a tooltip warrior" but I am not to that tier yet and I need some guidance as to what to look for on sheet dps.

The only number you should use is the underlined one to compare your dps:
POB:

Tooltip:

This is not the "real" dps, it doesn't count mirage archer, pod overlap (unless you set it in POB) and seveal other stuff.

But it can tell you whether your dps is going up or down.

If you want "cheap" solution to dps, buy lvl 21 toxic rain gem, empower lvl 3+, and fossil craft on a thicket bow 6-link ilvl 64+ (it needs to be a fast bow don't buy any citadel bows etc.) Jagged + Corroded + Metallic, you should get within 4-6 tries a bow with +2 to bow gems +1 to socketed gems and empty prefix for veiled craft. This is sub 100c cost bow that will carry you until 20ex bow just fine.

What you need stat wise:
- chaos damage over time multiplier
- damage over time multiplier
- attack speed
- bonus to gem levels on toxic rain
- chaos damage / projectile damage / damage over time

What you DON'T need:
- anything poison
- anything with "ailment" in name
- anything physical
- anything "adds damage to attacks"
- anything "damage with bow" (only exception are abyss jewels which say "damage over time while wielding a bow" not with a bow)
- anything "damage with this weapon"
- chaos penetration (doesn't work)
- accuracy
- crit
- projectile attack damage (gripped gloves...)
- attack damage
- spell damage (duh)
So immensely helpful. TY! Should be able to answer my own dps questions from now on. Thanks for the crafting tip also.

And I have to confess: I was in no danger of becoming an actual tooltip warrior because in ~3k hours of PoE I'm not even sure I knew those actual tooltips existed, and certainly never used one. @_@ I always just used the sheet. If anything I would have assumed the tooltip was redundant w/ sheet and probably ignored it.

[and in the end the 6L w/ the shaped quiver is best which comes as a surprise to no one including me. i was just confused about why what I thought were "the numbers" didn't make sense.]
Last edited by xSTGx on Dec 25, 2020, 1:18:53 PM
Amazing build thanks.

It was easy to level with and I was cruising through yellow maps with garbage gear. I've not bothered switching between CA and TR because the map clear with TR is nice and fast anyway.

I've made some decent upgrades now but still have an essence crafted bow and am doing fine.

I've not seen anyone else mention the Heretic's Veil unique in this thread? Seems amazing for this build as a 1c helmet until you get the full vertex setup. Permanent level 21 despair as an aura, combined with the +25% effectiveness of despair cluster jewel seems really strong. Not sure how it looks in PoB.

I'm also using the Restless Ward with really nice ES. Switching to other recommended uniques sees me lose a tonne of ES so not sure what the upgrade path is there?

I've got 4 ex to spend on upgrades - would be good to get suggestions on what to get next.

Id upgrade the bow with any extra $ you have, while we probally arent going to get absolute BiS bows in the short 3 week period you can still make or buy pretty decent ones to make everything pretty trivial.

The OP says it best when he tells people that half of their entire net worth in gear should be invested in the bow.

I dumped about 180ex into my normal heist TR shadow near the end of the league and have got this 3 week flashback TR shadow decently geared.

Its a really solid build and very comfortable to play, its a nice change of pace for me from all the aura stackers ive been playing.

Heres the bow im using in Flashback atm;

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info