(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
Alamirion wrote:
Then are you going pathfinder toxic rain Vitranka??
Always did. Except 1 try with CA CI Occultist in Metamorph, which would have done ok if I wasn't busy irl and lose half the league.

"
JCOH35 wrote:
Idk, as the majority of players are im pretty discouraged with these cascading nerfs across the board, I guess ill try occultist with a skill tree roughly like this initially;

https://pastebin.com/VFjJLs63
Dunno if you need Zealot's Oath if you aren't running Vitality and are specced Vile Bastion. You could also thread of hope from harrier (large size) to grab Foresight and Potency of Will, going there manually is a bit of too much traveling. I would also consider slapping a cluster setup next to CI knowing how good they can be both for TR and for ES build. Instead of these 6 points that are starter trickster nodes. Would probably also go Soul Thief / No Witnesses over Insightfulness branch.
Rip tricksters TR. One of the best builds Ive ever played.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
Idk, as the majority of players are im pretty discouraged with these cascading nerfs across the board, I guess ill try occultist with a skill tree roughly like this initially;

but idk how itll actually perform, I knew they were going to hit aura stacking and golems hard but the trickster nerfs were outrageous.

Pretty happy with the Trickster nerfs tbh - it was in an incredibly strong place that outperformed the majority of other classes. I feel the changes overall put the ascendancies in a far more balanced place.

There are always other options - the build is not dead (assuming not massive changes to gems):

"
Viktranka wrote:
For anyone sad about the nerfs, feel free to swap to Pathfinder or Occultist, it might be a good choice. PF for life build, Occultist for CI or hybrid. Pathfinder is bad. Hah, not anymore.
"
JCOH35 wrote:

but idk how itll actually perform, I knew they were going to hit aura stacking and golems hard but the trickster nerfs were outrageous.

I saw your skill tree and im really excited about an occultist TR with chaos inoculation, but tbh i dont know if the gear on your pob is easily reachable or just impossible.
"
automecanic wrote:
"
JCOH35 wrote:

I saw your skill tree and im really excited about an occultist TR with chaos inoculation, but tbh i dont know if the gear on your pob is easily reachable or just impossible.

Thats not my gear or needed thats just crap from other imported trees, I just threw together the skill tree to show what I plan on trying occultist wise is all, ignore the config, items etc, just was using the tree to illustrate.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
"
automecanic wrote:
"
JCOH35 wrote:

Thats not my gear or needed thats just crap from other imported trees, I just threw together the skill tree to show what I plan on trying occultist wise is all, ignore the config, items etc, just was using the tree to illustrate.

I understand, but I need to insist because that gear is giving you 6.6 ES, what is from my pov the minimum quantity to me to feel comfortable. I mean, if its easy to reach that much ES i think the build will be viable, but if you want me to ignore the gear and then its really difficult to get that ES, its very important for me to know.
I almost never play with ES builds, so its really difficult to me to imagine how much ES I can get with a regular gear (40-50ex).
Last edited by automecanic on Jan 11, 2021, 11:58:52 PM
"
automecanic wrote:

I almost never play with ES builds, so its really difficult to me to imagine how much ES I can get with a regular gear (40-50ex).
For 50ex? Defo more than 6k.

Do a test, throw on POB uniques like Vertex, Sin Trek, Bated Breath, Atziri's Splendor (ES version) or semi-decent Vaal Regalia, Discipline aura and some Energy from Naught clusters and you should be good.
6-7k ES isnt hard to reach, for me its not enough ES to be comfortable without layers or defensive mechanics but its just brainstorming atm.

The other rough draft tree I had in mind was 2 clusters;

https://pastebin.com/UKj24t8n

But like this last league ill meet somewhere in the middle of dps and safety, it does seem like occultist will be viable though from a glance.
Every major change in the game i see the crying kids both on reddit and the forums.
They nerfed your build.Just accept it and play with nerfed numbers if you like the playstyle so much. Or choose the other build. That's it.

███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
automecanic wrote:

For 50ex? Defo more than 6k.

Do a test, throw on POB uniques like Vertex, Sin Trek, Bated Breath, Atziri's Splendor (ES version) or semi-decent Vaal Regalia, Discipline aura and some Energy from Naught clusters and you should be good.

Some of these items are quite hard to get if you play SSF, epecially if you want them all. I think the nerfs aren't THAT bad and I really like this build very much so i will probably give the Trickster another try.

Or I will switch to Pathfinder with Nature's Boon, Nature's Reprisal, Nature's Adrenaline and Master Alchemist. It depends on the passive skilltree changes, maybe we get some chaos damage/spell dodge back from there.
Last edited by Vollhupe on Jan 12, 2021, 11:50:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info