Initial feedback this week.

"
aldorus wrote:
The thing is, right now, gains per time interval feel simply in favor of pure mapping.

feel?

Just like people felt delve was horendous shit when it first came out?

Obviously technical issue's with the nexus need fixing(like portal bugs etc) but i really don't care about efficiency hogs crying at the sideline that the paradigm shifted and they can't adapt.

If efficiency is your "fun" then finding out the newest most efficient method should be "fun". Even if it is lower efficiency then past league.

That's assuming you enjoy the base game and there is actually some depth to your "gaming".

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
People complaining about xp and map drops in the first week of the league ignoring the nexus are fun.
I played the league mechanic week one: Synthesis did next to nothing for map drops even with mods present (they just resulted in lower tier maps most of the time).

But now that is a different story following the map drop hotfix. Synthesis is now actually very beneficial for getting maps now that drop rates allow you to use higher level memory zones to get map drops appropriate for the tier the zone level is from (from the normal drop pool, before accounting for the memory modifier mod).
Last edited by VolcanoElixir on Mar 20, 2019, 8:07:29 AM
"
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/b305nm/my_loot_from_9x20mod_nexus_run/

Look it this shit full sequences and full mf gear and what does he get for all that effort?

Trash.

That's disheartening and as I've said why are you fixing past shit before the actual league mechanics right now? It's fucked up dude.

Answer is really simple. Long before Shitthesis were released I predicted everything very precisely. GGCent cares only about "new players", because they are the most perspective from a financial point of view. So now, when they are murdered by Syndicate every time, it appears, newbies are angry, dissapointed and quit.

Therefore, the developers in a panic "fix" Betreyal "issue" first, the shit league do not care, because newbies have no idea what's going on, so they do not complain about it.
"
Boem wrote:

That's assuming you enjoy the base game and there is actually some depth to your "gaming".

I am not around since recently, nor are you, my profile is not exactly locked, so that feels like a needless ad hominem. Assuming there is actually some depth to my english language understanding.

Fun is a kind of feeling where I am from. And now we have learned what you don't care about. Good to know.

There are not only technical issues. There are design issues as well. Adapting is not the problem. The "problem" is that the best kind of adapting right now, the best move in maximising my fun is to not play the game (or its new content). And I thought devs would like to hear the feedback.
"
aldorus wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

I am not around since recently, nor are you, my profile is not exactly locked, so that feels like a needless ad hominem. Assuming there is actually some depth to my english language understanding.

Fun is a kind of feeling where I am from. And now we have learned what you don't care about. Good to know.

There are not only technical issues. There are design issues as well. Adapting is not the problem. The "problem" is that the best kind of adapting right now, the best move in maximising my fun is to not play the game (or its new content). And I thought devs would like to hear the feedback.

I don't care about "efficiency" or "wealth" and i don't hide that.

I could play standart and still enjoy Path of Exile, so the league stuff is just additional boon for me.

For me the base game and the freedom in character development and itemnization is enough to have fun.

To me it appears that people chasing "wealth and efficiency" get tired of the game after a couple of weeks while i usually play till the last week of any league.
That's what i mean with depth of "gaming".

If you can't formulate goals this league that's a non-issue, simply don't play it.
If the wealth/efficiency or time investment don't line up with your projected goals it simply means the goals where not worth it is all else you would adapt automatically.
Again, a non-issue.

Technical issue's and deficiency's are solid feedback as far as i am concerned since they make the game "unplayable" for a portion of the player-base.

The inherent efficiency or wealth generation of a league mechanic however are up to GGG to decide and have no relevance.

Like i said previously, this is just a repeat of all past league's, people complaining before waiting for the initial patches to be implemented based on the first data streams GGG receives from the first week of playing.

Is there some sort of "rock bottom" in this pattern of always stating the league sucks in the first week?
And what happens if we reach that "rock bottom"?

And i use the word pattern for an obvious reason any person been around here long enough should understand.
This league isn't any different then past league's appart from some technical troubles, sorry to say.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Mar 20, 2019, 9:47:49 AM
"
Boem wrote:

Is there some sort of "rock bottom" in this pattern of always stating the league sucks in the first week?

To my knowledge, I have not stated that "league sucks" the first week before.
To my knowledge, neither did I_NO, and she is, unlike me, a notable and respectable character of this forum.

And now, there seem to be a change of pattern, to use your own words.
But we do have an agreement that what is or is not relevant/issue is for devs to decide, not us.
I feel the same, I just do the fragments in maps for xp and some loot.
Going into the nexus and running your path, for let's say those 5-6 synthesised chest which mostly drop no fractured items at all, keeps me away from doing so.
Also, to name another bug/inconvenient mechanic: in memories that are not decaying, my loot filter tells me that monsters in blue areas drop items, but they won't really drop, because the "blue void" is swallowing them up, and you don't get the items at the end, because the stabiliser won't gather them up in a stable area.
"
Zloberik wrote:
its reminds me of Harbinger league, trasmutation shards, anyone? I leveled a char to maps, saw transmutation shards drop, and quitted the same day. It was fixed after, but i didnt care, was too late.

Harbinger was, unironically, a lot better than this league.
There is only one thing I don't understand. Incursion had "decaying" in-map mini games that were on a timer, but the Temple was NOT timed. You had all day in there to explore what you BUILT.

They completely lost all lessons learned in Incursion for this league?

When one charge is left on a node, why not let us run it ONE LAST TIME stress free (with no decay) and then decay as soon as we leave the zone?

That alone would make such a huge difference in the pressure felt in the zone. I hate that If I have a really decked out node with 2 charges on it, I have to waste one to connect to all of the modifier/amplifier nodes. ONLY THE SECOND time I run it do i actually get all of the bonuses.... but guess what? I only get to kill 30% of the mobs in that newly-buffed zone because the shit is decaying as soon as I walk in?

It's stupid as fuck. It's like they created a worse incursion league (or went back in time like Alva to create a worse incursion league).

I don't understand how they thought that players wouldn't want to take their time in the nexus and not run through super fast and miss most the mobs at the risk of being swallowed by blue goo.

Fucking dumb.
"
Boem wrote:
"
aldorus wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

I don't care about "efficiency" or "wealth" and i don't hide that.

I could play standart and still enjoy Path of Exile, so the league stuff is just additional boon for me.

For me the base game and the freedom in character development and itemnization is enough to have fun.

To me it appears that people chasing "wealth and efficiency" get tired of the game after a couple of weeks while i usually play till the last week of any league.
That's what i mean with depth of "gaming".

If you can't formulate goals this league that's a non-issue, simply don't play it.
If the wealth/efficiency or time investment don't line up with your projected goals it simply means the goals where not worth it is all else you would adapt automatically.
Again, a non-issue.

Technical issue's and deficiency's are solid feedback as far as i am concerned since they make the game "unplayable" for a portion of the player-base.

The inherent efficiency or wealth generation of a league mechanic however are up to GGG to decide and have no relevance.

Like i said previously, this is just a repeat of all past league's, people complaining before waiting for the initial patches to be implemented based on the first data streams GGG receives from the first week of playing.

And i use the word pattern for an obvious reason any person been around here long enough should understand.
This league isn't any different then past league's appart from some technical troubles, sorry to say.

Peace,

-Boem-

''The inherent efficiency or wealth generation of a league mechanic however are up to GGG to decide and have no relevance.''

Sure, those are up to GGG to decide and the players can respond by telling them to shove their plans where the sun does not shine.

People play Hack and slash games to have fun, kill tons of monsters and get loot. GGG is trying to change the fundamentals and tries to make players play by their outdated rules.

You think people enjoy running decayed areas to get almost no loot with loot disappearing in the garbage blue smoke or needing spreadsheets to know what the hell they are doing?

While personally I am all for more complex league, I am totally against the speed meta garbage GGG is trying to shove up the people's throats with Synthesis being the perfect example of ''go meta or go home''.

Last edited by andreicde on Mar 20, 2019, 1:12:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info