[3.9] Zed's Dex Stacking Ranger Guide (Outdated & Mostly Legacy)

Having just 6 linked a Hyrri's Ire, I'm looking into trying out this build. I have never played such a build before though, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for in a bow. Ideally I'd like to get a base and multimod it myself to save the overhead people charge for the crafting.

Do I want one with 3-5 cold damage per 10 dex as the sole stat?
"
Noitee wrote:
Having just 6 linked a Hyrri's Ire, I'm looking into trying out this build. I have never played such a build before though, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for in a bow. Ideally I'd like to get a base and multimod it myself to save the overhead people charge for the crafting.

Do I want one with 3-5 cold damage per 10 dex as the sole stat?

Ideally you'd want the attack speed/double damage hybrid mod as well. But yes, you can just get the dex stacking mod as the only stat and multimod that. I ran one like until i found a Dex stack/double damage bow. It really only matters at the highest tier of bosses (guardians/uber elder)
"
"
Armisal wrote:
What to upgrade next?

I'm struggling to find upgrades, a better bow costs like 10ex maybe, a multimodded one like 20ex.

A better watcher's eye with penetration/added cold costs like 30+ ex.

I think if i'm to get higher dps, I need to use Hyrri's Ire (180-250 cold damage) and change the Hyrri's demise for a shaped bow that has life/res and additional arrow (900 dex = 90-180 cold damage). Is that a superior setup?

Can roll tombfist instead of shaper's touch, can get a better brutal restraint, and you can get a increased damage per 15 dex/attributes ammy

I run yoke already, is the increased damage per 15 dex amulet better? Or it's only better for bosses?

And just to clarify, "bosses" means guardians, shaper and elder? Map bosses aren't really bosses and ARE affected by yoke?

Having alot of fun playing this build! Cleared Uber elder and currently farming Elder burial for HH. Still trying to get better rolls on brutal restraint tho. Mana flask with enduring is pretty broken for dps sustain, try it out!
Last edited by velvexecho on Oct 1, 2019, 2:05:44 PM
"
velvexecho wrote:
Mana flask with enduring is pretty broken for dps sustain, try it out!

Glad you're having fun! Mind linking the items you're talking about?

"
Is farrul fur a good body armour for this build?

Really good for bossing.
Mirror Service: view-thread/2466500
Ultimate Dex Stacking Guide: view-thread/2466188
I mirrored this bow yesterday, it should be the best bow for dex stacking build.

"
PhDBayesian wrote:
I mirrored this bow yesterday, it should be the best bow for dex stacking build.

Best in league, maybe.
Not sure if you don't POB with OP's bow.
"
PhDBayesian wrote:

Sick bow man. My friend DBN made one too named Honour Thunder in league. Kinda depends if you need 40% pen or 20% more/120 ele but it does a lot damage.

"
andrew8448 wrote:

Best in league, maybe.
Not sure if you don't POB with OP's bow.

He copied mine too :D
Mirror Service: view-thread/2466500
Ultimate Dex Stacking Guide: view-thread/2466188
Last edited by FamilyManZed on Oct 1, 2019, 9:56:10 PM
"
"
velvexecho wrote:
Mana flask with enduring is pretty broken for dps sustain, try it out!

Glad you're having fun! Mind linking the items you're talking about?

This mana flask solve my issue of mana regen/leech sustain, I notice when I get full frenzy charges, my mana consumption couldn't keep up the speed of casting tornado shot/lightning arrow. It's fast and it stacks and you can even get atkspeed or the current one I run for mapping more chance to freeze,shock & ignite.
Super speedy, super consistent, and super freaking powerful. Very glad I made the jump to this build. I can EASILY carry full 6-man parties through T15+.

Currently wondering what my next upgrade will be, just got a new chest and am thinking that the only way to go up is a Headhunter.

My restraint currently gives me:
- 10% Dex (on Fervour & From the Shadows notable, which is why I have it annointed; Free phasing is an awesome bonus!)
- 4% Life (on Master Fletcher)
- 20% Proj Damage (on Heartseeker)
- 20% Ele Damage (on Flash Freeze - this cluster gives me 72% Cold Damage!!)
- 20% Cold Rezi (on Herbalism)
- 5% Blind (on King of the Hill)

If y'all have any other helpful tips I'd super appreciate it!
Last edited by ClumsyParasite on Oct 2, 2019, 12:47:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info