[3.7] Untouchable Ghost. 50k Evasion 10k ES HOWA Charged Dash

"
SleepyXtreme wrote:
After taking out shock, swapping in ele focus for ele pen/added lightning, and adding wrath, I’m at ~600k Shaper Dps and ~1m normal dps. Damage seems more consistent.

Also, if the illusion runs out along the path damaging enemies it runs by, shouldn’t it do this regardless of the path I create? If I do a big loop that overlaps I see the illusion run over the same area twice doing damage.

I guess my question is are you saying that the mechanics of the skill changes depending on the path I make and that one mob cant be hurt more than once by the same illusion?

The reason I’m a little fixated on this is because I feel like I do way more damage on bosses when I do little loops vs a straight line

Ok so there is 3 possibilities
1 - Overlapping is not allowed. If they are anywhere in the path they take 1x damage

2 - Overlapping is allowed. Creating a Loop around a target results in numbers like 10x damage

3 - Random shenanigans. If you surround them with 8 overlaps they take 1.58x damage for unknown reasons.

Possibility 1 is what the wiki says and what seems most reasonable from a design standpoint.

Possibility 2 would be *really* obvious. Even double damage should be clear, not in a "I think this is doing more" way

Possibility 3 is unfalsifiable. There is no reason it should be programmed this way so if something is happening here its probably a bug. It would be hard to separate a situational bug from placebo effect without very specific testing but we would need detailed data to conclude anything here.

Possible Placebo #1 is that creating a loop gives your brain something to do and there is greater chance you will hit an object. Both of these things cause the ghost to finish moving or appear to finish moving faster then with a straight line giving the 150% damage boost perceivably faster

Possible Placebo #2 is that creating a loop causes a greater surface area around the target. Targets tend to move so a greater area means more time within the damaging area before they have moved out of it forcing you to recast resetting your channel damage
Last edited by WaffleT on Mar 23, 2019, 1:37:08 AM
Got this sweet enchant on today lab run. So now i'm thinking about changing for molten strike. I assume as main damage is from HOWA lightning, i should leave tree as it is and just swap some gems for molten?
"
daiur wrote:
"
Vyr75 wrote:
Loool thanks so much

As the OP mentioned till you get the cash for a 6link splendour you could also consider getting a 6-linked dendrobate:
http://poe.trade/search/omginotesasitu

only 2ex, it has less es than the splendour but the splendours are bouncing up and down in value like crazy, 6link is between 6 and 10ex there. If you take the OPs pob and substiture the splendour for a dendrobate you will end up at around 8k ES instead of 10k. But save some investments for later :)

*edit* as an answer to your latest edit, the pob from the op has around 500int more than you currently have. On a quick gaze your howa has only 9% increased int. Op has 12. thats some int here and there, more int = more es and in this build also more damage.
Grace doesnt scale the evasion from your body but your total evasion (or something like that), so the increased total evasion doesnt affect your energy shield.

mmmm,,, 500 int it´s so much intelligence, more with only uniques equiped, there is something we are doing wrong, ore we need to level all gems to 20?... Or I miss something... Could be the 70+ energy shield on chest?...
Last edited by Vyr75 on Mar 23, 2019, 2:55:47 AM
"
Vyr75 wrote:
"
daiur wrote:
"
Vyr75 wrote:
Loool thanks so much

As the OP mentioned till you get the cash for a 6link splendour you could also consider getting a 6-linked dendrobate:
http://poe.trade/search/omginotesasitu

only 2ex, it has less es than the splendour but the splendours are bouncing up and down in value like crazy, 6link is between 6 and 10ex there. If you take the OPs pob and substiture the splendour for a dendrobate you will end up at around 8k ES instead of 10k. But save some investments for later :)

*edit* as an answer to your latest edit, the pob from the op has around 500int more than you currently have. On a quick gaze your howa has only 9% increased int. Op has 12. thats some int here and there, more int = more es and in this build also more damage.
Grace doesnt scale the evasion from your body but your total evasion (or something like that), so the increased total evasion doesnt affect your energy shield.

mmmm,,, 500 int it´s so much intelligence, more with only uniques equiped, there is something we are doing wrong, ore we need to level all gems to 20?... Or I miss something... Could be the 70+ energy shield on chest?...

I it ingame or only in pob?
I got aroung 500 int missing in pob and then realized that pob doesnt add the bonus from perandus signet properly. After adding two mew rings, int went up to 1,5k.
Last edited by TheDoomsdayDevice on Mar 23, 2019, 9:46:06 AM
Well I have 1515 Int, then, WTF this boy have 9700 ES, and I only reach 7700... Can´t understand this, the only thing I missing I think its the +77 to maximum energy shield in chest... I don´t know what more I´m missing... Sorry but I´m a bit new, only 1 league on me...

So, here we go, now I reach 9.200 ES, for those missing so much ES, the fail was as I said the 70+ energy shield on chest, I got one 5 mins ago and my ES grow up 1.500... I think here is what we are missing, thanks to all boys...
Last edited by Vyr75 on Mar 23, 2019, 12:50:05 PM
"
Vyr75 wrote:
Well I have 1515 Int, then, WTF this boy have 9700 ES, and I only reach 7700... Can´t understand this, the only thing I missing I think its the +77 to maximum energy shield in chest... I don´t know what more I´m missing... Sorry but I´m a bit new, only 1 league on me...

You say +77 chest but when I look at your character I see the Evasion/Life variant of Atziri's splendour that has 200 ES, 1000 Evasion and then the useless life roll. The ideal chest for this build is the Evasion/ES variant that has 450 ES & 1000 evasion which would give your character +1450 Total ES (after your %Increased ES boosts) bringing you up to 9150 total.

You would gain another +250 total ES by getting a better rolled vertex helmet. Yours has 260 but they can roll up to 300 ES

None of your jewels have Int or Str on them. That would give extra ES too. At that point its little improvements adding together that would get you up closer to the 10k top end you can get with good versions of the gear

Another option is to save up for the "% of mana gained as extra energy shield while effected by clairty" watchers eye and run a lvl 1 clarity in the claw. This jewel has a high price tag at 8ex or so but gives +2,000 ES to the build which is solid boost over what I got when I ran the character
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Vyr75 wrote:

You say +77 chest but when I look at your character I see the Evasion/Life variant of Atziri's splendour that has 200 ES, 1000 Evasion and then the useless life roll. The ideal chest for this build is the Evasion/ES variant that has 450 ES & 1000 evasion which would give your character +1450 Total ES (after your %Increased ES boosts) bringing you up to 9150 total.

You would gain another +250 total ES by getting a better rolled vertex helmet. Yours has 260 but they can roll up to 300 ES

None of your jewels have Int or Str on them. That would give extra ES too. At that point its little improvements adding together that would get you up closer to the 10k top end you can get with good versions of the gear

Another option is to save up for the "% of mana gained as extra energy shield while effected by clairty" watchers eye and run a lvl 1 clarity in the claw. This jewel has a high price tag at 8ex or so but gives +2,000 ES to the build which is solid boost over what I got when I ran the character

Wow this is the explanation I need, thanks so much, when I got currency I will level up the build, thanks so much my friend...
Oh nice I did it, 9700 ES atm... thanks all for your help... This buil survibality seems an aberration... really nice one...
Hello !
I've been enjoying your build so far !
but once I went higher the damage feels a bit lacking, like it's okay but could be better from what I've seen from the vid, so idk what I am missing
I followed a lot of things "except few changes here and there " but nothing major really ,, mostly following the formula

also what else should I go for on the tree ? I don't think I need the Mana nodes in the bottom as I am getting a lvl 3-4 Enlighten
I feel like I can squeeze some dmg somewhere

maybe the Channeling nodes ? or the Claw nodes for some crit or stacking atk spd /crit? or should I just swap to a second pair of the claw ? would that boost the damage significantly ?
thank you !
Would be great to have a section for rare items affixes priority for stupid and poor people like me or just substitutes for all these uniques.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info