[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

"
Cakozorus wrote:
"
Is this build (ice shot, posts 1&2) Delirium viable with a budget of 15-20 exalted? I just want a ranger with very fast yellow-red maps cleaning and cool movement speed. Just for have fun farming

Hi, First of all I want to note that I'm not a really good theorycrafter, so I'll just give you my experience with the build in Delirium. I guess a lot of what I did could be done better.

I've been playing the ranger version of the build, but with Lightning Arrow instead of Ice shot and it works pretty well so far.
I'm playing the 'unsafe' version (with lioneye's fall), so I sometime dies on hard bosses or Delirium (which is way too overpowered compared to maps IMO), but it's okay with me.
You can check my character (CrazyCako) to see my stuff, I think the total price is in the 15-20 Exalted range (rolled some gear by myself, like the helmet so I don't know the price of all pieces).

I changed some stuff to counter the fact I still don't have corrupted blood immunity and lack a bit of life, for example I kept a life flask instead of the Quicksilver and rolled movement speed on the diamond flask instead (I haven't unlocked the %critical chance on flasks anyway). With my boots, the diamond flask up and the pathfinder ascendancy I feel I'm fast enough. The only downside is the missing curse immunity, but I'm okay with it so far.

I still have some gear to change since I'm overcapped on resist and you don't need to have all of them capped with Taste of Hate and Dying Sun being always up.

What I like is that the build is flexible. Especially with the new cluster jewel, where you can put more life than some of the basic life nodes from the tree. I intend to play with them once I'll have my final gear.

I've been able to clear all basic content with this build so far (T16, Elder, simulacrum up to wave 16+, etc).
You sometimes feel squishy, but I've been used to it by playing Ranger builds for a long time now. Damage is really good tho.

Voila, hopes this helps you make your choice.
Tell me if you want more infos on my experience with it.

-Cako

A lot of thanks for your answer in detail! I will definitely use this build, so maybe I will need to ask few more things. Thanks again
IGN: Pandemia
IGN: Aqueronte (Leveling atm)
How does the Watcher's eye, passive tree, and gloves with phys convert to cold work while using Lightning Arrow? 50% of phys is converted to lightning damage but doesnt that interfere with the phys to cold mods we have?
"
How does the Watcher's eye, passive tree, and gloves with phys convert to cold work while using Lightning Arrow? 50% of phys is converted to lightning damage but doesnt that interfere with the phys to cold mods we have?

I don't have my watcher's eye yet, but if I get one I'll try to go for the Precision mod since I'm geared with Voidfletcher (Build creator recommandation).
So In the end I'll still have 10% of physical damage unconverted on my Barrage.

Regarding lightning arrow, it converts at least all the remaining 50% of physical to cold, so my lightning arrow doesn't deal any physical damages. In my case, it does 1/3 of its damages as lightning and 2/3 as cold (exact tooltip number are 1008-3793 lightning, 3542-7988 cold). It's potentially overriding a part of the lightning coversion but I'm not sure about it, and to be honest I don't really care because of the following:
I put Lightning arrow in a 5link (Mirage Archer missing) and so far it's been cleaning every mob pack I met so I don't think the extra conversion is an issue. I may be loosing some potential damages but since I only use it to clear packs it's good enough for me.

IMO you don't need your mob pack clearing skill to deal insane amount of damage, because as soon as you meet a strong mob you'll use Barrage on it.
Barrage is the real damage dealer for strong mobs so I kinda focus my build on it.

I honestly have no idea if Ice Shot is better than lightning arrow regarding the conversion, but it's possible that it is since the nodes we take in the tree provide more cold damage bonuses than lightning bonuses.
I still prefer lightning arrow but it's purely a personnal preference.
Hi, i don't understand the auras I should have activated.

Following the guide, I have: Herald of Ice, Hatred, Precision and Haste. Obviosly I can't have all of them at the same time, so...

Is there any sense of having all of them in the build? Should I choose between them depending on the situation?

Thanks!

Edit: and.. another question. Blood rage is supposed to be spammed very 7 seconds or it should be linked with CWDT? (Probably a dummy question)
IGN: Pandemia
IGN: Aqueronte (Leveling atm)
Last edited by xerxis_esp on Apr 6, 2020, 11:46:48 AM
I still dont understand why a watcher's eye with cold conversion is bad if I'm using voidfletcher..

It would give me the last 35% or so cold conversion I need in barrage for a 100% cold setup. Yeah sure, ice shot and void shot wouldn't get any extra benefit from the jewel since they are already 100% converted but the boost to barrage and single targe would be pretty significant to compesate I assume..
@HabiaUnaVez_Truz or leave a PM if im offline
Last edited by Sixnia on Apr 6, 2020, 12:29:54 PM
"
Hi, i don't understand the auras I should have activated.

Following the guide, I have: Herald of Ice, Hatred, Precision and Haste. Obviosly I can't have all of them at the same time, so...

Is there any sense of having all of them in the build? Should I choose between them depending on the situation?

You should have Herald of Ice, Hatred and Precision.
To have all three of them you either need Enlighten Lvl 3/4 linked to them or the Hyrri's Truth amulet (which gives you Precision with less mana reservation), else you might be too short on mana.

You don't need Haste, but Vaal Haste which doesn't work the same way.
It's a temporary aura (it last only a few seconds) that needs to be charged by killing mobs. You'll activate it for strong mobs and bosses to have a temporary move and attack speed bonus.

"
Edit: and.. another question. Blood rage is supposed to be spammed very 7 seconds or it should be linked with CWDT? (Probably a dummy question)

No need to spam it, once it's active it refreshes itself everytime you kill mobs. Sometimes you'll have to activate it again, for example on bosses with no ads.
Keep in mind it might be hard to use as it drains your hp pool so you need to be constantly leeching. To me it's the hardest thing to manage in this build and that's one of the reason I kept a life flask in my setup. Maybe I'm just bad at using it, that's a possibility :D

"
I still dont understand why a watcher's eye with cold conversion is bad if I'm using voidfletcher..

It would give me the last 35% or so cold conversion I need in barrage for a 100% cold setup. Yeah sure, ice shot and void shot wouldn't get any extra benefit from the jewel since they are already 100% converted but the boost to barrage and single targe would be pretty significant to compesate I assume..

From what I get, yes it would give you the 10% missing physical to cold conversion for Barrage, but it won't give you a big damage boost. So the only real good thing about it is to become immune to physical reflect, which doesn't seems that important IMO. On the other hand, with a critical multiplier Precision bonus you'll get a huge damage boost, which will help you for everything. Of course, you can get all of those at the same time if you manage to get a watcher's eye with multiple affixes (like precision Multiplier + Hatred Penetration + Hatred Conversion) but I let you imagine the price of it :p

If I find some time I will simulate the Barrage DPS with each of those affixes on PoB to give you an idea of the differences between them.
In the meantime I advice you to read the Build creator explanation on the different watcher's eyes affixes (jewel section) as he goes into more detail than me.
Atm playing Int-stacking Wander :) its decent, cleared everything pretty smoothly, even without top tier gear :) instead KB i just swap Chain and Barrage for some hard bosses
and some generic dmg jewel + abyssal jewel for ignites + Watcher's with Wrath Pen and Precision ATT, i dont think that ES on hit is worth, cuz i dont have any survivability problems... and its rly expensive for only this mod alone
Last edited by Weturon on Apr 6, 2020, 10:04:42 PM
"
From what I get, yes it would give you the 10% missing physical to cold conversion for Barrage, but it won't give you a big damage boost. So the only real good thing about it is to become immune to physical reflect, which doesn't seems that important IMO. On the other hand, with a critical multiplier Precision bonus you'll get a huge damage boost, which will help you for everything. Of course, you can get all of those at the same time if you manage to get a watcher's eye with multiple affixes (like precision Multiplier + Hatred Penetration + Hatred Conversion) but I let you imagine the price of it :p

If I find some time I will simulate the Barrage DPS with each of those affixes on PoB to give you an idea of the differences between them.
In the meantime I advice you to read the Build creator explanation on the different watcher's eyes affixes (jewel section) as he goes into more detail than me.

Thanks for the answer. I did read the explanation in the original post but I didnt quite understand it. Now it makes a little more sense.

Basically it's a trade off.

Using a phys to cold watcher's eye will free up your gloves slot and give you 100% cold damage barrage assuming you still have a 20-25% phys to cold mod on your rare gloves

While on the other hand, wearing Hrimsorrow will net you 90% cold barrage (so you won't be able to do phys reflect) but it will free up your watcher's eye for a big damage boost like crit multi.
@HabiaUnaVez_Truz or leave a PM if im offline
Okay so on the shaper ring, I have the Assassin's Mark. If it overrides my projectile weakness what would be a good replacement for the proj weakness. Also is it only overriding it because I don't have a plus 1 curse?
Yo, anyone have an idea how I can improve my char further? Being away 6million dps is kinda a bit much lol. https://pastebin.com/SwUfDuR4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info