Massive internet accelerator ban in China

"
Cymophane wrote:
I normally never post on the forum but this is really making me angry. I'm sure this is not about stopping bots but some kind of business deal between GGG and Tencent. Since when is an indiscriminate ban on all foreign server players a good solution when the botters build their own routers anyways?

I have been sticking with the game since beta (I wasn't even living in China at the time); I hope GGG makes the right decision this time because I'm not moving to the Tencent server even if it means I have to stop supporting your awesome game.

Please remember that Tencent now owns and controls GGG......
Surely there is an agreenment between GGG & Tencent on this. And Tencent is the major reason that made this happen.
Because those big gaming vpn companies all shut down their POE service within 1 or 2 days. They don't even want to try find another way to make it working again as usually.I wouldn't surprise that Tencent asked them to stop it immediately, or they would do ..blah blah, especially gaming VPN is in a grey area.

When I first knew this game I was in Australia,I loved it so much and I've been playing it for many years when I go back to China. I also introduced POE to my friends from other countries, they liked it as I did, as long as they like Diablo2 and have a certain level of English language skill. A lot of good memories on global server.

But for me, as a comment said above, I would never play POE on Tencent server even if I had to give up this amazing game.It's shame this kind of thing still happens in 2019.

At last, all those legit players who play POE in China are still your customers, no one wants to be kicked out without any notice in advance.
"
Daiena wrote:
Tbh if you use a third party software (yes, for the rest of the world your accelerator might as well be exactly that) to make game playable in a corner of the world where normally it does not, you should not be surprised to get a kick in the ass at some point. And blowing cash on a service that is accessible to you only by third party means is totally up to you. I don't really think you have the right to demand bugger all in this case.
Were you able to play on global servers just like everyone else? No. You had your own, p2w or not. So what are you doing going places you shouldn't.

What kind of entitled bs is this.

Let me break down sentence by sentence how you are wrong.

"
Daiena wrote:
yes, for the rest of the world your accelerator might as well be exactly that

Mind you TradeMarco/acquisition/procurement and a lot of other things are also third party software, not sure what your point is. Is not like we are trying to cheat, this game works great with third party softwares.

"
Daiena wrote:
blowing cash on a service that is accessible to you only by third party means is totally up to you.

Have you seen a single person in this thread or elsewhere complain about losing money to those service providers? All we want is to play the global realm with a realistic ping. Not to mention the accelerator companys offers refund in this case.

"
Daiena wrote:
Were you able to play on global servers just like everyone else? No.

Yes we were, a week ago.

"
Daiena wrote:
So what are you doing going places you shouldn't.

This is the part that annoys me the most. Your argument is that we are in china so we can't choose what game we like? What do you mean going places we shouldn't? What is your problem?
"
orsonstfu wrote:
If any of you China dudes need a fix - I can PM you one that will work. It is currently the one that I use. (Previously used qeeyou) Now, a different one.

PM me please, i already sent you a PM and u haven't responded
I play from china too, hope ggg make a offical respond about this.
"
Daiena wrote:
Tbh if you use a third party software (yes, for the rest of the world your accelerator might as well be exactly that) to make game playable in a corner of the world where normally it does not, you should not be surprised to get a kick in the ass at some point. And blowing cash on a service that is accessible to you only by third party means is totally up to you. I don't really think you have the right to demand bugger all in this case.
Were you able to play on global servers just like everyone else? No. You had your own, p2w or not. So what are you doing going places you shouldn't.
This post is stupid, and you should feel stupid.
same issue here.
this is the first time that i feel very disappointed.
it's just not fair.
I currently live in Taiwan, but I have also lived in Guangzhou. I find myself in similar situations here sometimes.

The thing is, you do have your own POE over on the mainland. It may not exactly be the PoE you want, but it's what you have. If you're using 3rd party services to get around the restrictions in place that are meant to keep you playing on your own service, you do so at your own risk. If GGG needs to block those services to protect their global clients, that's what they need to do.

In my case, it's generally not VPN IP's that get banned--entire ISP's (including my own) get straight up banned. Then there is all the stuff that's region-locked, on Steam or even in general. For example, I cannot play PoE on Steam because Taiwan is region-locked out of it. I have to use the standalone client, or play through Garena (which is a non-starter for me, partly because Garena sucks and partly because my Chinese reading/writing is horrible lol).

You folks on the Mainland have PoE China, I have garbage Garena. You do not have legit means of making other versions of PoE very playable, but I do. Sucks for both of us in some ways...I'm just slightly luckier haha.

We mostly have botters/hackers/etc to thank for a lot of our issues in this region, but companies like Tencent and Garena and their relationships with ISP's and other companies is also a problem. But your government and your Great Firewall (which Tencent is one of the primary architects and administrators of, for those who don't know) don't help either.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
Heartsease wrote:
Can play the TW server(https://web.poe.garena.tw/). The player base is smaller yet essential goods are still fetchable on the market...

Wrong. I have tried Garena recently and seems they have "purged" any chance for non-Taiwanese entrance(even if you get logged in with VPN, they only accept local payment services which rely on national ID cards).

And for Tencent POE... it is even not worth a try for all the trashes installed into your PC alongside with it. Alongside with my accumulated hatred...like this one say...

"
aggromagnet wrote:
But your government and your Great Firewall (which Tencent is one of the primary architects and administrators of, for those who don't know) don't help either.

...I'd rather play Terraria, Runescape(I miss the old browser one) and HOI if there is not POE.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
"
Heartsease wrote:
"
Heartsease wrote:
Can play the TW server(https://web.poe.garena.tw/). The player base is smaller yet essential goods are still fetchable on the market...

Wrong. I have tried Garena recently and seems they have "purged" any chance for non-Taiwanese entrance(even if you get logged in with VPN, they only accept local payment services which rely on national ID cards).

And for Tencent POE... it is even not worth a try for all the trashes installed into your PC alongside with it. Alongside with my accumulated hatred...like this one say...

"
aggromagnet wrote:
But your government and your Great Firewall (which Tencent is one of the primary architects and administrators of, for those who don't know) don't help either.

...I'd rather play Terraria, Runescape(I miss the old browser one) and HOI if there is not POE.

I feel ya man. I'm locked out of a bunch of different stuff here.

The Old Republic...an entire gateway IP from my ISP banned due to botting and exploiting. Though my ISP operates multiple gateways, so it is possible to log in at times (but I haven't bothered in several years).

Neverwinter and Star Trek Online from Cryptic games...region-locked. My brother and sister and their spouses all play Neverwinter and often ask me to play, but I can't without VPN and the connection is too trashy for me. Champions Online, also from Cryptic, is playable...but mehhhh.

Anything from ArenaNet...sort of region-locked. I can log in and play GW2, but the store has my ISP blocked due to too many fraudulent chargebacks. That cuts off access not just to buying expansions and mtx and such but also big chunks of the trade market functionality.

Anything from Turbine was blocked for about a year or two...then suddenly it wasn't for a while...then it was...and now I have no clue.

That's just the nature of gaming around here. Playing/accessing some non-local shit can be a real headache. Something working perfectly fine one day can be inaccessible the next, and something inaccessible can suddenly be accessible. Sometimes permanently, sometimes temporarily. Not much we can do when it happens besides try other things.

Anyway, however many bots GGG did manage to block in this situation probably didn't even make a big enough dent in botting to be worth it. You can still sit it nearly any of the Act towns at any time of day/night and watch a dozen or more Templars with gibberish names pathing back and forth from the wp to stashes/vendors and back to the wp. It's not hard at all to figure out what those Templars are and what they're doing...
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info