Massive internet accelerator ban in China

"
opeth wrote:
"
WakeZero wrote:
You can thank all the bots for the IP ban. Fact is that most bots (and DDOS attacks actually) originate from China IPs. Blocking China IPs just makes sense in this case to keep global servers safe, especially when China has its own version.


So much this, I'm glad they've stopped it. It's unfortunate you guys can't play but at the same time, the economy of leagues aren't going to suffer as badly.


What WakeZero wrote, is VERY speculative and has no proof of it, as the sole reason.

After all, GGG bought services from Cloudflare to combat DDoS attacks. Malicious DDoS groups are not prevented from doing their criminal activity by banning a whole country IP address range.

Further, as OP wrote, he contacted the Service provider, and the Service provider told him they were instructed to do so.

Three, IF GGG banned China, how can OP and others (from China) write this post and reply to this post?
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Mar 14, 2019, 12:13:48 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/b0zo2t/i_know_nobody_care_about_china_but_there_is_exile/eiiz8jt/
"
schlichti wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/b0zo2t/i_know_nobody_care_about_china_but_there_is_exile/eiiz8jt/


As I wrote, GGG got 14 business days to fix their mistake.
"
schlichti wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/b0zo2t/i_know_nobody_care_about_china_but_there_is_exile/eiiz8jt/



Oh fuck me, the reddit thread is a complete shitshow. I had no idea my post would fuel so many conspiracy theorys and China haters.

You guys are gonna get me arrested lmao.

Basicly what Chris says in that thread confirms one of the reasons that i speculated, is part of a bot ban wave.

Although it doesnt seems like they give a fuck as to what happens next.

Sucks to be us, right?

"
WakeZero wrote:
You can thank all the bots for the IP ban. Fact is that most bots (and DDOS attacks actually) originate from China IPs. Blocking China IPs just makes sense in this case to keep global servers safe, especially when China has its own version.


It is not IP ban, it's VPN providers relinquish their services on POE. p.s. "Professional" gold farmers would rather rely on their own net installments and what has happened only hurts casual players most.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
"
Spora wrote:
Hey guys,

I also play from China and have found a solution, I kinda don't wanna post it here in fear of getting it banned.
You're welcome to add me in-game to chat (that's if you're able to login~ if not, send me a message here)

IGN: Wank


Check your PM
If any of you China dudes need a fix - I can PM you one that will work. It is currently the one that I use. (Previously used qeeyou) Now, a different one.
I normally never post on the forum but this is really making me angry. I'm sure this is not about stopping bots but some kind of business deal between GGG and Tencent. Since when is an indiscriminate ban on all foreign server players a good solution when the botters build their own routers anyways?


I have been sticking with the game since beta (I wasn't even living in China at the time); I hope GGG makes the right decision this time because I'm not moving to the Tencent server even if it means I have to stop supporting your awesome game.
Tbh if you use a third party software (yes, for the rest of the world your accelerator might as well be exactly that) to make game playable in a corner of the world where normally it does not, you should not be surprised to get a kick in the ass at some point. And blowing cash on a service that is accessible to you only by third party means is totally up to you. I don't really think you have the right to demand bugger all in this case.
Were you able to play on global servers just like everyone else? No. You had your own, p2w or not. So what are you doing going places you shouldn't.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:
Tbh if you use a third party software (yes, for the rest of the world your accelerator might as well be exactly that) to make game playable in a corner of the world where normally it does not, you should not be surprised to get a kick in the ass at some point. And blowing cash on a service that is accessible to you only by third party means is totally up to you. I don't really think you have the right to demand bugger all in this case.
Were you able to play on global servers just like everyone else? No. You had your own, p2w or not. So what are you doing going places you shouldn't.



At this point I worry more about their intentions than the action per se. Don't forget a lot of us are here because D3 fucked us over. With PoE passing D3 and becoming the ARPG I fear that money will one day get to GGG's head. Hope there will still be people feeling bad for you then when their decisions start to hurt you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info