[3.7] Divine Ire Trickster - "Can't Touch This" - 56% Spell Dodge / 67% Evasion / 39% Block

Wanted to pop in to say THANK YOU, this build rocks. I started the season intending to go CI divine ire, around level 80 I was hating it (was about to quit this league, at least what I was doing build wise almost killed it for me).

Spent a bunch of respec points and regrets, acquired very baseline gear and switched to this build. I feel tankier than some of the tankiest builds I've played, while having fast clear time on bosses and trash. It's just an all around fun build to play. I'm enjoying it more than maybe any build I've played over the years I've played PoE.

Highly recommend.

Currently Lvl 91 (don't think I've died but maybe once or twice since switching to this build). I work a lot and have a family so I don't get a LOT of time. Still I invest a good bit of free time into path every league. With that said, my gear isn't anything special but here's what I'm working with (I'll never understand how people afford/acquire gear like the OP's neck and watchers eye within the first week of the league...I play a decent amount and I can't see myself affording that before the end of the league.)

You can pretty much easily clear up to and most red maps on trash gear, guardians and shaper/yellow/red elder may need a some investment. With the gear I have you can pretty much clear most content easily and the only real investment is the chestpiece which I colored and linked myself.

Don't really know where I can grab any upgrades outside of a neckpiece like OP's and a good watchers eye with zealotry with arcane and wrath additional %lighting damage.

Gear
Spoiler
Last edited by Mythologick on Apr 2, 2019, 11:01:48 PM
"
KooperT wrote:

"

Quick question. I accidentaly 6 linked The Perfect From awhile ago, what socket colors and gems you recommend to swap? No way i could get 5 blue on this.

I'd probably still try to get at least 4 blue (using the 3-blue recipe pray for RNG). Anything less will suck.

Run 4B+1G+1R (or 4B+2G)

For Red, use Added Fire.
For another Green, i'd probably use Added Cold or Ice Bite.

(Red will probably be better since adding Fire damage is good for our Harness the Void conversions, and also lets us Ignite... which doesn't really do any damage but I guess prevents enemies from regenerating shields and stuff. May also open up some cool items to use like Cinderswallow Urn).

Nevermind i guess)
Last edited by Zloberik on Apr 3, 2019, 9:16:08 AM
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
Thx for the info so far big help.

As im building some currency to go get some stronget items
Im looking at 2 things...
A watcher eye
And perfect form 5 and or 6 link..

Which would you prioritise?

Perfect Form is the core of this build - big difference from 46% and 66% spell evasion (effectively almost 50% more!). Plus free Arctic Armor cannot be overlooked, and high evasion -> ES from chest. Definitely top priority.

Watcher's Eye is nice but not critical. The single-mod Wrath eye (Gain % Physical as extra Lightning) is a decent 10-15% more damage increase. The Arcane Surge Zealotry version is good too. But a 5L/6L is way more DPS and defense.

"

Wanted to pop in to say THANK YOU, this build rocks. I started the season intending to go CI divine ire, around level 80 I was hating it (was about to quit this league, at least what I was doing build wise almost killed it for me).

Spent a bunch of respec points and regrets, acquired very baseline gear and switched to this build. I feel tankier than some of the tankiest builds I've played, while having fast clear time on bosses and trash. It's just an all around fun build to play. I'm enjoying it more than maybe any build I've played over the years I've played PoE.

Glad you are enjoying!
I also had a similar initial build concept - I wanted to do some sort of CI Trickster. The problem is that overall "ES only" builds typically lack secondary defenses - so unless you are an Occultist with like 13-15K ES, you are actually still quite squishy. I couldn't fit everything I wanted into a CI Trickster build (Incandescent Heart, Apep's, etc.) while still keeping all the required uniques... overall ES was low, and didn't really utilize the Escape Artist ascendancy to it's fullest.

I often build every league with tankier characters that still dish out high DPS/clearspeed, and can also do bossing. My Trickster build definitely feels like one of the top 5 tankiest builds I've made, including various Juggernaut or Ascendant (Slayer) builds. 66% spell dodge cannot be overlooked, especially in a game like PoE where the majority of "deadly stuff" are elemental/spells.

I was also pleasantly surprised how strong the Ghost Shroud mechanics really were - acting like a mini Kintsugi. Having 3 shrouds up, alongside Tukohama pantheon, Arctic Armor, and Infused Channeling all add up to some respectable physical damage mitigation despite having practically 0 armor and no endurance charges.

A major example of this are the Shaper balls during Uber Elder fight, which (in my experience) is the primary thing that can kill you. On other characters, including tanky Juggs, getting hit in the face with 2-3 balls is almost always death. With this character, I found I could make a mistake and still get hit by 2-3 balls, but chances were quite good I would dodge 1 or 2 of them.

"

Don't really know where I can grab any upgrades outside of a neckpiece like OP's and a good watchers eye with zealotry with arcane and wrath additional %lighting damage.

The necklace with % Extra as Chaos is a huge DPS increase.
Actually, they are easier to craft than you would think. I personally made mine, alongside a few others I sold, for very cheap.

Simply buy Aberrant Fossils which are quite cheap, like 2 alchs - 1c each. Use single-socket resonators and just spam on the necklace. It's very common to hit the Chaos rolls. Obviously it would be better to use 2-socket resonators alongside a Pristine fossil to also guarantee life rolls... but those are more expensive, so on a budget, it's fine to just use Aberrant and you can always craft +55 life.

Other than that, gear looks good - Although some better jewels/watcher's eye should be next priority.

(On a sidenote, you should have Vaal Righteous Fire, not Righteous Fire. It's a good cooldown you can pop on bosses.)
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Apr 3, 2019, 9:49:42 AM
Just replying on the 5 blue 1 green socket method…

if you say u did it with 600-700 jewelers your full of shyt m8...

it takes about average of 1-10 to get a blue on this armor
so making 3 blue takes 4 times 10
making 4 blue takes 14 times 10
making 5 blue takes 80 times 10

So on average its 40 + 140 + 800 = 1000 jewellers

This is an average...when spending so many jewellers, it might as well take u twice as much if ur unlucky….thats 2000 jewellers ;)

500 is on an extremely Lucky try, and u didnt do it 3 times in 1 league, becuz thats not Lucky, thats stupid, why would u make the same armor 3 times.
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

so making 3 blue takes 4 times 10
making 4 blue takes 14 times 10
making 5 blue takes 80 times 10

So on average its 40 + 140 + 800 = 1000 jewellers

This is an average...when spending so many jewellers, it might as well take u twice as much if ur unlucky….thats 2000 jewellers ;)

500 is on an extremely Lucky try, and u didnt do it 3 times in 1 league, becuz thats not Lucky, thats stupid, why would u make the same armor 3 times.

So I did some math (hopefully right)... looked at this method and vorici's calculator

This method (unlucky) = 2000 jewellers = ~235c
Vorici Calculator (avg attemps) = 9311,3 chromes = ~763c

This was using todays poe.ninja values
Even if the jewellers method would take 4000... it will still be cheaper than using chromes.

Btw. I used the method and voilá

and then I 6L in 40 fuses... xD
I really used all my RNG this league.

Aight time to try this armour. Cheers

Just for everyone wondering you can use the jeweler method on a snowblind grace to save some jewelers. Then slap on a blessing of Tul to make it a Perfect Form. It will retain links and colors. Playing something similar to this in HC without the call of the brotherhoods since they have no life on them. Will most likely go with a warlords ring for leech and get a high dps shaper scepter. And another FYI, a lot of the defensive options for this build are pricey in HC so it should be a good defensive build. Have Fun!
JUST BURNED 1700 JEWELERS ON THAT STUPID CHESTPIECE AND ONLY GOT 4 BLUES

outstanding
"
Castablanca wrote:

Hi Castablanca! Could you point me to some more information on that socket-rolling/linking method? Newbie asking, wouldn't know where to look, sorry! -- just trying to learn about clever mechanics.

EDIT: sorry, just read the last post (well, I assume that's the method anyway. XD). Learn2Read and so on.
Last edited by Dekudibusei on Apr 4, 2019, 4:55:33 AM
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

Not sure what the purpose of your post is, you having a rough day?

You literally just explained exactly how averages work. You can create a 6-link in 1 fusing or 5000 fusings, what's your point? Discussing your personal RNG has minimal relation to my actual build post.

The fact that I "got lucky" and crafted several with 600~700 versus 1000 "average" may be on the lower-end spectrum, but a difference of ~300 jewelers is literally pocket change.

As mentioned previously, would you rather spend 2000, 3000, even 4000 jewelers or NINE THOUSAND chromes?

Anyway, to answer your question, the reason I made 3 this league was I sold one for 12ex, two for 10ex, and I now have a HEADHUNTER equipped. See my character profile.

Same reason I crafted 4 multimodded daggers this league to sell... "why would anybody craft the same item more than once a league?!" It's literally a crafting league - best way to generate currency is to craft items, as others will gladly pay to avoid the hassle of having to do this themselves.

(And yes, I plan to make a 4th Offcolor Perfect Form soon to replace my previous chest, since it's THAT EASY TO MAKE.)

"

On a sidenote, I believe your math is off. Not sure where or how you got this 1/10 number from.

You can plug in stats to the Vorici Chrome Calculator:
https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

The chance to roll 1 socket, 1 Blue, with 197 dexterity requirement is 27% That's 2.7/10, not 1/10.

"
Just for everyone wondering you can use the jeweler method on a snowblind grace to save some jewelers.

Good tip! Today I Learned Something New
Should be even easier to roll with this method.

"

This method (unlucky) = 2000 jewellers = ~235c
Vorici Calculator (avg attemps) = 9311,3 chromes = ~763c

Btw. I used the method and voilá

This guy gets it. Good job!

Don't forget the Vorici Calculator shows "average" as 9311. So just like how you can get unlucky with jewelers, or fuses, you could EASILY use well over 15,000 or 20,000 chromes and still not get these colors. Using the jeweler method is going to be a FRACTION of the price, regarldess.

TLDR______________________________________________________________________

So... if somebody came to you and said "I'll trade you a 5-Offcolor Perfect Form for a random number from:

600 - 3,000 Jewelers

or

6000 - 27,000 Chromes

Which one are you picking?
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Apr 4, 2019, 10:29:33 AM
Maybe my math was a little off, and of course I was pissed of rolling bad RNG. Should have chosen better words

Just felt that you use lucky RNG as your build to be cheap, while its not really cheap, its just cheaper than the chromatic way. But its still not cheap...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info