[3.7] Divine Ire Trickster - "Can't Touch This" - 56% Spell Dodge / 67% Evasion / 39% Block

"
Underlining everything does not do service to your guide, just saying. Harder to read/ hard on the eyes.

Wasn't my intention, had an extra "underline" code in there somewhere and I just couldn't seem to find it. Should be fixed now, took me a while to locate it.

"

Hello I have come back to this game after gone for a while, may i ask whats the leveling tree for this build?

I'll try to put some leveling builds together when I get a chance. Basically though I'd suggest you follow the build tree as-is and push immediately towards the Witch area, as there's a good amount of spelldmg. You want to make your way over to ELEMENTAL OVERLOAD as soon as possible. It's a huge DPS increase while leveling, and when your crit is irrelevant - can be used alongside elemental focus for good DPS.

I leveled with Wave of Conviction, and with a 4-link and Elemental Overload, it 1shot all packs through to acts 7/8. Would recommend switching to Divine Ire though as WoC starts to feel slow.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Mar 16, 2019, 4:57:48 PM
How do you think this setup would work for deeper delving? I didn't play much in delve and would like to pick a build that can make it somewhat deep. My lack of experience in the deeper parts makes it hard for me to tell which builds will make it far, although I do see a CI trickster variant that has made it to 400+ so far. Based off my knowledge I assume the dodge and block would make it nice for the monsters but would being hybrid make the darkness too rough? Thanks!
"
Mithology wrote:
How do you think this setup would work for deeper delving? I didn't play much in delve and would like to pick a build that can make it somewhat deep. My lack of experience in the deeper parts makes it hard for me to tell which builds will make it far, although I do see a CI trickster variant that has made it to 400+ so far. Based off my knowledge I assume the dodge and block would make it nice for the monsters but would being hybrid make the darkness too rough? Thanks!

I'm not that deep yet (been focusing on farming T16 maps) but personally I think my build would perform very well - and definitely a lot better than many of the other "high dps" glass cannon Divine Ire variants.

Having 7-11 millions DPS is absolutely not critical for deep delving. Being able to avoid 66% of spells, evade 60%+ of attacks/projectiles, and an additional 40%ish block is very strong. The "laser beam" playstyle of Divine Ire is also great for the narrow passages of Delves.
Divine Ire Trickster:
so how do you get 5 blues on The Perfect Form again? spamming between 2-3 sockets, then 3-4sockets until they re all blue?
Wasn't this fixed so that the color is always there even if you remove the socket and put it back?
"
Dynamythe wrote:
so how do you get 5 blues on The Perfect Form again? spamming between 2-3 sockets, then 3-4sockets until they re all blue?
Wasn't this fixed so that the color is always there even if you remove the socket and put it back?

It's called the Vorici method and no it wasn't " fixed" there's nothing to fix. Working as intended.

On topic; I'm playing Storm Burst as Trickster, already using a off color Perfect Form...wouldn't take much to switch. I jsut wonder how much better it is, if at all?

I'm at 142 atlas completion, Guardians melted, Shaper dead easy, Red Elder feels like white.

Is the burst damage much better with Divine Ire? I didn't exactly skip phases on Shaper.
Hello,

thanks for your great guide. I started/followed another Divine Ire Trickster but was lacking seriously on the defensive side. The thought process behind your guide is great, the explanations too.

Since I remembered the double-dip chaos times of GC, a question regarding your conversion mechanism: did you think about another layer of conversion to squeeze even more chaos damage out by exploiting Harness the Void to its full beauty?
Namely a cold to fire conversion support gem, or a Pyre ring, heck even both?

The conversion chain would then be: physical -> lightning -> cold -> fire -> chaos.

If i find the time to level up my trickster I will give it a try too and see how it feels. Clearly you miss some cold damage and the hyperthermia freezes (if you replace that gem), but gain even more chaos damage and exploding corpses (if you use Pyre).

Or did I miss something in your guide?

Thanks,
Ly
Last edited by Lycidas0815 on Mar 20, 2019, 10:30:50 AM
"

On topic; I'm playing Storm Burst as Trickster, already using a off color Perfect Form...wouldn't take much to switch. I jsut wonder how much better it is, if at all?

I'm at 142 atlas completion, Guardians melted, Shaper dead easy, Red Elder feels like white.

Is the burst damage much better with Divine Ire? I didn't exactly skip phases on Shaper.

Which gems do you use in your 6L? I'm still undecided between Divine Ire and Storm Burst. May depend heavily on your playstyle, though. I love that laser beam glass cannon feeling despite being quite tanky and only pretending to do lightning damage ;)

Storm Burst feels slower for me since the projectiles need some time to travel and explode whereas Divine Ire is satisfyingly instant.

Thanks,
Ly
"

Personally I tested Storm Burst with the Duskdawn setup and absolutely hated it for mapclear. It's definitely 2x slower in general practice, and I hated having to "wait" for the balls to materialize/explode. AoE also seemed weaker compared to massive explosion + laserbeam of Divine Ire.

For singletarget though, Storm Burst definitely melts bosses. If you think about it, it's practically almost the same as Molten Strike mechanics - which also suffers from "clearing" ability.

Socket colors/skill tree for either skill is very similar, so I'd consider giving it a shot to see which you like more. Worst case you waste maybe 30-40c in regrets for respecs.

The main thing to note is that Divine Ire is more bursty DPS. The channeling portion does maybe 10-20% of your total DPS and the beam is the other 80%.

In addition, the beam varies in damage as it's primarily scaled off your Harness the Void conversions. Sometimes I'll 1-shot kill T16 Lair boss in one beam. Sometimes I'll shoot him for 30%, so it'll take 3-4 beams.

Storm Burst is more "consistent" damage in that you'll be doing 10% of their life every X seconds, rather than practically 0 damage for a few seconds, and then suddenly do 50% damage.

Another key to note is that Divine Ire automatically targets/zaps target nearby you, even BEHIND you, and with our high cold damage/Hypothermia, often freezes anything before it even reaches me. It's a huge defensive bonus. It's great for stuff like Delves where you can sit in the middle and hit everything coming at you from all angles, or annoying Beyond mobs that spawn behind you etc.

Storm Burst however requires you to hold down and "drag" your mouse across targets to actually hit them... it's slower to react to stuff behind you etc.

"
Since I remembered the double-dip chaos times of GC, a question regarding your conversion mechanism: did you think about another layer of conversion to squeeze even more chaos damage out by exploiting Harness the Void to its full beauty?
Namely a cold to fire conversion support gem, or a Pyre ring, heck even both?

I did consider the above but PoB does not show any of these as a DPS increase. Cold to Fire gem is simply a less multiplier compared to Energy Leech (39% vs 29% according to PoB). Pyre is a 10-15% DPS loss compared to running 2x Brotherhood rings.

One consideration was using a Devouring Diadem, which would allow to run Wrath, Zealotry and Herald of Ash - but even having Herald of Ash was a DPS decrease compared to using Eber's Unification, since the % as extra chaos mods as so strong.
Divine Ire Trickster:
Last edited by KooperT on Mar 20, 2019, 11:58:15 AM
im a noob at this game, the build looks nice though…

But do we start with this right away, dont see a leveling section?

Or we go this build during end game?
Not sure what you guys mean with Storm Burst. It feels fine. You want increased duration, and lots of it, but you're at full dps after 2 seconds. 3/4 of a second clears most packs. Just gotta get used to not holding it down for too long unnecessarily.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info