PlayStation 4 Release Date: March 26th

Im guessing/hoping the delay with the release was possibly GGG Fighting for cross compatibility, since from what I understand its almost entirely up to sony. With the exception of fortnight whom I heard rumors told sony to accept cross compatibility or your console wont get our game (which they can do because of the player base).

Anyway I Really Hope that there is cross compatible play.
If this is gonna happen the 26th then I am happy for the community but a little disappointed because I still feel that the players deserve an honest answer or at least a little bit of explanation in why there was no communication on time when their deadline wasnt met.

Should this statement hold up then gg everyone and enjoy, been looking forward to this for a long time.
Last edited by Nova1985 on Mar 13, 2019, 2:33:37 AM
Looking forward to other news regarding ps4 QOL
Been waiting for a few months now... Finally a date! They left us in the dark for a while but as long as its gonna be good :).

Played poe years ago on PC but can't wait to play it on ps4. Arpg on consoles play great.

Here is to a good start on ps4!
Tried to play Path of Exile via Windows in Bootcamp on a Mac just doesn't cut it and I cannot get the Wine versions to run. I tried back several years ago and it was a lagfest in some earliar areas so I gave up on the game.

Then recently I find out it is coming to PS4, then today they announce the 26th of March, it's going to be a long two weeks but not as long as those who have been waiting since last Novmber.
Last edited by Washac on Mar 13, 2019, 6:41:55 AM
"
Myrrdinn2015 wrote:
Im assuming theres also gonna be a Standard at launch? Cause I have absolutely no desire to do another race through shit as fast as you can league.

There will be.

I'll be starting with Standard too, I see no reason why not. The only reason I'm even in Synthesis at all is because I have a mostly full stash in Standard and can basically fill it and have it migrate into Standard as Remove Only tabs. I have no interest in the league mechanic at all, but at least you can choose to just ignore Cavas.
hell ya! I've been excited for this! Played POE for about 2 years during the beta and afterwards and my PC just wasn't good enough anymore and ended up with a PS4 and am looking forward to playing POE again! Happy there is finally a release date.

This is good timing, because I was going to buy MLB the show on March 26 I think or the 28th and do diamond dynasty again if POE wasn't out by then. Thank you for saving me from that inevitable frustration!
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
So I've got to ask, will we ever be able to turn off the Trail Effects of ally attacks & abilities? All these new MTX's and basic skill effects with their fancy & admittedly cool looking trails are a visual clusterfuck when you play the game with other people.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
So I've got to ask, will we ever be able to turn off the Trail Effects of ally attacks & abilities? All these new MTX's and basic skill effects with their fancy & admittedly cool looking trails are a visual clusterfuck when you play the game with other people.

No; as will all F2P games with MTX cosmetics, you can't turn them off because that would disincentivize people from buying them.

Not that it does any good in PoE's case. Apart from briefly spawning in a public town when you first log-in, you can play the game entirely solo and never have that kind of problem in the first place.

What you could always try, if these are friends you've known for a long time, is simply asking those friends to disable those particle effects while you're grouping, if it causes problems. Regardless of whether there's an in-game chat or not, you can still message eachother over the PSN.

But for most, I think MTX-related framerate issues will simply turn people off grouping and towards solo play, which is exactly what we see here on PC.
PSA TO ALL PEOPLE LOOKING TO PLAY THE PS4

There won't be any account migration

There won't be any account sharing mtx.

The first week+ will probably be bumpy. (Lag, Stability issues)

It's not pc so features probably wont be identical.

Clean slate, brand new account, brand new assets. I just hope there will be some way to import drop filters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info