PlayStation 4 Release Date: March 26th

"
Seanana wrote:
PSA TO ALL PEOPLE LOOKING TO PLAY THE PS4

There won't be any account migration

There won't be any account sharing mtx.

The first week+ will probably be bumpy. (Lag, Stability issues)

It's not pc so features probably wont be identical.

Clean slate, brand new account, brand new assets. I just hope there will be some way to import drop filters.

UPD #1. There won't be any way to import filters.
Last edited by samtallon on Mar 13, 2019, 4:44:42 AM
@Bex

Which PSN region will POE be released in, NA, EU, HK, JP?

Will PS Plus be needed to play?

Thanks.
"
Seanana wrote:
I just hope there will be some way to import drop filters.

There will be: Neversink's loot filter is aparently built-into the game on XBox, and there's no reason to believe it wouldn't also be included on the PS4.

"
samtallon wrote:
UPD #1. There won't be any way to import filters.

We won't be able to *import* filters, but we'll be able to use filters that come pre-supplied with the game. That means it's Neversink or nothing unfortunately, but that's good enough for a lot of people.

BTW, looks like the website upgrade & console integration seems to be in full-swing. I've noticed that whenever you reply to someone, their "realm" shows up in the quote-tag ie realm="pc". That's good news for everyone, because when it's done the site should be able to stay up independant of the game itself.
Last edited by Pobatti on Mar 13, 2019, 4:59:07 AM
"
Will PS Plus be needed to play?

PS Plus is *never* required to play F2P titles.

Regarding region, I presume all regions will get the game, but the store does update at different times in different regions. I'd imagine because of this the US store will get the game first because their store updates earlier in the day than the others.

If the game isn't released in other regions, it's easy enough to just create a US PSN account to download any game from that store, and you can play games downloaded that way from your regular account. I already have European, Japanese and American accounts and will likely just grab it from the first store it shows up on.
Last edited by Pobatti on Mar 13, 2019, 4:53:06 AM
I understand that the economy in xbox is a little crazy ... I hope it is not like that in ps4 and we can trade with solid and real prices, although I think it will depend on the ps4 community
at last... I already thought this was not going to happen anymore.
TY. My most fav game on my most fav platform!
"
Rodes88 wrote:
I understand that the economy in xbox is a little crazy ... I hope it is not like that in ps4 and we can trade with solid and real prices, although I think it will depend on the ps4 community

It's the way it is because Chris doesn't want trading to be too easy. The trading mechanics of the PC version wouldn't be workable on console because having to task-switch to a web-browser isn't really a good idea there, so instead they went with the approach used by the Chinese version of the game - which is more of a "trade board" type systenm but makes the process difficult and tedious in other ways.

Beyond that, the economy itself won't be as stable as the PC economy; it can't be, since there won't be anywhere near as many players. Price-fixers and manipulators thus have a much greater impact. Hopefully it won't be as terrible as on the XBox.
well, finally its a release date confirmed.
well, its not dezember, early february or mid march... but finally its end march.. :) im excited to try it out, how it is on Ps4
"
Pobatti wrote:
"
So I've got to ask, will we ever be able to turn off the Trail Effects of ally attacks & abilities? All these new MTX's and basic skill effects with their fancy & admittedly cool looking trails are a visual clusterfuck when you play the game with other people.
Not that it does any good in PoE's case. Apart from briefly spawning in a public town when you first log-in, you can play the game entirely solo and never have that kind of problem in the first place.
Yep, just gotta be 100% anti-social to be able to see wtf you're doing in the game.

"
Pobatti wrote:
What you could always try, if these are friends you've known for a long time, is simply asking those friends to disable those particle effects while you're grouping, if it causes problems. Regardless of whether there's an in-game chat or not, you can still message eachother over the PSN.
Lately the base effect of various skills are getting long obfuscating trails.

I also meant to put my original post in another topic but oh well :P
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 13, 2019, 6:01:05 AM
:( my ps4 is not PRO :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info