PlayStation 4 Release Date: March 26th

"
saninn1 wrote:
It won't be possible to connect to your PC account from your PlayStation 4 account.

so whats the point for players like me who purchased tabs and cosmetics over 10 years ?

Well, it's a big deal for people who have problems playing on PC. If you comfortable playing on PC then you shouldn't switch to PS4.
"
samtallon wrote:
GGG said "It should be available for preload in some regions...". In my understanding word preload means literally "you can download game before server goes up".
12:00am is the time when server will go up(not a preload!). Sooo I don't see answer to my question in this tweet.

You literally just said it yourself:

"
samtallon wrote:
GGG said "It should be available for preload in some regions...".

"
samtallon wrote:
In my understanding word preload means literally "you can download game before server goes up".

"
samtallon wrote:
12:00am is the time when server will go up(not a preload!).

So according to your own words, the server will go up at 12:00am. You also say there will be a preload, and you explained that a preload is "you can download game before server goes up".

So, if "you can download game before server goes up", and "12:00am is the time when server will go up", and the European release is the earliest release, then it follows that one of the following statements must be true:

- The Europe version will become available at some point *today* as a preload, ahead of the server being switched-on at midnight tonight.

- The Europe version will become available at midnight tonight, at the *same time* as the server goes live at midnight tonight.

- The Europe version will become available at midnight tonight, as a preload, ahead of the server being switched-on a few hours later once the US version launches.

Once the server goes live, which you say will occur at 12:00am, the game can no-longer exist in a preload state since the servers will be up and running, and able to be connected to.
Last edited by Pobatti on Mar 25, 2019, 3:17:28 AM
"
Pobatti wrote:

So according to your own words, the server will go up at 12:00am.

No, thats according to what GGG said in a forum thread "Your PlayStation Questions Answered".

"
Pobatti wrote:
- The Europe version will become available at some point *today* as a preload, ahead of the server being switched-on at midnight tonight.

I still hope for that kind of scenario=)

I think there is no point in arguing on this topic. All will be clear in a matter of hours, not even days.
Instead it's about time to choose a starting build. I'm not sure which is better: winter orb sorc or molten strike juggernaut... =))
"
samtallon wrote:
"
Pobatti wrote:

So according to your own words, the server will go up at 12:00am.

No, thats according to what GGG said in a forum thread "Your PlayStation Questions Answered".

"
Pobatti wrote:

I still hope for that kind of scenario=)

I think there is no point in arguing on this topic. All will be clear in a matter of hours, not even days.
Instead it's about time to choose a starting build. I'm not sure which is better: winter orb sorc or molten strike juggernaut... =))

I'm going with this to get the feel seeing as it will be my first serious time playing - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2452113

Well, somehow I have the feeling that the marketing for PoE on Playstations' platform failed.
Veterans and people who got in touch with PoE in the past six years will know about the PoE release on PS4, but there are still a lot of consoleros who might not know about PoE.
A few will get to know about it, if they hit the Playstation store button in the next few days and as long as there are some kind of information about PoE.
In my opinion a lot of potential players are lost.

Several games in the past made their marketing right, even if the games are not good.
Hyped with founder packs and divers information in the Playstation sotre for example. I'm not going to name them as everyone might have some ideas.

It is a pity, because I really like the game and would like to see a high population in and for PoE.

"
saninn1 wrote:
It won't be possible to connect to your PC account from your PlayStation 4 account.

so whats the point for players like me who purchased tabs and cosmetics over 10 years ?

It's up to Sony to allow it or not since all purchases are tied to your psn account, the ps4 release was probably aimed at new players than existing PC/XB players.

It's quite common for there to be a complete account separation across all platforms especially with MMO and F2P games since PSN and XBL don't allow cross-platform account linking unless explicitly permitted by Microsoft or Sony.
I could be wrong, but it does not look like there is going to be a pre-load for EU/UK today. Sony updates there store between 10am and 2pm and there was nothing on there. Been checking all morning.

I got a feeling it will be part of there big weekly update, which is always on a Tuesday between 10am - 2pm (EU-UK).

I hope I'm wrong and its on there at midnight 00.00 or 12am as stated, but I can't see it being the case. Its all a bit vague and they even used the word "should"... which doesn't fill me with too much hope

"
MuskelGallom wrote:
Well, somehow I have the feeling that the marketing for PoE on Playstations' platform failed.
Veterans and people who got in touch with PoE in the past six years will know about the PoE release on PS4, but there are still a lot of consoleros who might not know about PoE.
A few will get to know about it, if they hit the Playstation store button in the next few days and as long as there are some kind of information about PoE.
In my opinion a lot of potential players are lost.

Several games in the past made their marketing right, even if the games are not good.
Hyped with founder packs and divers information in the Playstation sotre for example. I'm not going to name them as everyone might have some ideas.

It is a pity, because I really like the game and would like to see a high population in and for PoE.

it was mentioned on quite a number of major gaming sites last month inlusing Eurogamer, Gamespot and Pushsquare
"
OGRONIN wrote:
I could be wrong, but it does not look like there is going to be a pre-load for EU/UK today. Sony updates there store between 10am and 2pm and there was nothing on there. Been checking all morning.

I got a feeling it will be part of there big weekly update, which is always on a Tuesday between 10am - 2pm (EU-UK).

I hope I'm wrong and its on there at midnight 00.00 or 12am as stated, but I can't see it being the case. Its all a bit vague and they even used the word "should"... which doesn't fill me with too much hope

It's already available for download in Australia. Check this thread:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2472293/page/6
Last edited by samtallon on Mar 25, 2019, 10:09:57 AM
Thats good then.. I don't see it on the UK store yet. Hopefully later this afternoon TY

Must be on the Aussie store as already past 1 am there on Tues 26th and I believe they use the same store as EU
Last edited by OGRONIN on Mar 25, 2019, 10:26:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info