PlayStation 4 Release Date: March 26th

"
DarlemGhoul wrote:
I'm very excited to try Poe on my ps4, I also have a ps vita and wish to try playing in remote play. I was wondering if the rear touchpad will have the L2/R2 L3/R3 mapped to it? Rather than having L2/R2 on the touchscreen itself and L3/R3 being mapped to the rear touchpad.

Having L2/R2 & L3/R3 mapped to the back touchpad is better in my opinion. L2/R2 mapped to the touch screen makes some games more difficult to play. Prevents players from moving around and using the L2/R2 due to thumbs being preoccupied with pressing one of the L2/R2 buttons on the screen. There is no option to set up the rear touchpad controls in remote play on the players end for all that I know of.
Vita Remote-Play fully supports PS4 system-level control remapping. Here is how you remap PS4 controls if you've never done it before:

https://www.howtogeek.com/245977/how-to-remap-buttons-on-your-playstation-4s-controller/

When you Remote-Play on a Vita, and press a button that corresponds with a PS4 controller button (ie. L2/R2) that control is then re-interpreted by the PS4 based on how your remapping is set-up.

For example you could remap the controls so that Triangle and R2 have their functions swapped. If you then Remote-Play a game with the controls like that, pressing Triangle will cause you to do whatever R2 would normally have done.
Finally, a mobile PoE. So excited to play on my Vita and Xperia.
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
"
Pobatti wrote:

So that will be 15:00 hrs Tuesday 26th March for the London timezone :)
"
Washac wrote:
"
Pobatti wrote:

To be precise we don't know the exact launch time, so this is countdown to nothing, most likely.
I have even better countdown for you:PS4 LAUNCH
"
samtallon wrote:
"
Washac wrote:
"
Pobatti wrote:

To be precise we don't know the exact launch time, so this is countdown to nothing, most likely.
I have even better countdown for you:PS4 LAUNCH

We were given an 8:00am PDT launch time during the recent AMA.
Seems strange there is no sign of this in the Playstation store anywhere or any hype there. After all it is suppose to be dropping on Tuesday. Shouldn't they be trying to sell there chests or something in advance to the download, etc.
"
jnw1171 wrote:
Seems strange there is no sign of this in the Playstation store anywhere or any hype there. After all it is suppose to be dropping on Tuesday. Shouldn't they be trying to sell there chests or something in advance to the download, etc.

There is mention of it in the coming soon area of the US site but nothing on the EU side of things.
Last edited by Washac on Mar 23, 2019, 8:01:50 PM
"
jnw1171 wrote:

I have to put on my tinfoil hat, but I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Sony will market games that *they* want players to be playing. If a game stands to make Sony more money (via initial purchase, subscriptions, PS-Plus etc) it's bound to be marketed more than something which is likely to bring in relatively low revenue from cosmetic and stash-tab sales while a large portion of the player base plays entirely for free.

If you're an "entirely for free" player, Sony would much prefer you to not be playing PoE; the longer you're playing PoE for free the less likely you'll be to suddenly drop $60 on a brand new game (which you would otherwise do if you didn't have a game you could play for free). So while Sony will be willing to have PoE on it's system (to nullify the advantage XBox has there), they're bound to treat it as something of an insider-secret, and won't be pushing players towards it.
Last edited by Pobatti on Mar 23, 2019, 9:13:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info