PlayStation 4 Release Date: March 26th

Do we get to download the game sometime before the release? Like 1 day or at least a few hours early?
"
Pobatti wrote:

We were given an 8:00am PDT launch time during the recent AMA.

Ah, ok. My apology.
Hello,im really happy to play this game on ps4 pro.
But how about framerate,is 60 fps on 1080p? this game really needs 60 fps.

Best regards!
Last edited by Krzycholek007 on Mar 24, 2019, 3:26:45 PM
Does it come out march 25th American time zone?
"
Guntown wrote:
Does it come out march 25th American time zone?

March 26th, as per the thread title, at 8:00am PDT which is American time.

In reality, that time most likely is just when GGG will switch the server on. The game won't be on the PSN store until Sony do their regular weekly update to put it there, and Sony don't have a specific time they always do these updates - it could be any time during the day.
"
An update about PlayStation 4 release: the European version will be available at 12 am on the 26th of March (in your local timezone)! The American version will be available as was announced, at 8am PDT on the 26th of March.

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1110010890324107265

YAY! Just over 20 hours from now, PoE will be out for me in the UK and the rest of Europe. I don't know how GGG managed to pull-off a midnight release for us, but this is amazingly awesome news :)
Last edited by Pobatti on Mar 24, 2019, 11:44:41 PM
"
Pobatti wrote:
"
An update about PlayStation 4 release: the European version will be available at 12 am on the 26th of March (in your local timezone)! The American version will be available as was announced, at 8am PDT on the 26th of March.

YAY! Just over 20 hours from now, PoE will be out for me in the UK and the rest of Europe. I don't know how GGG managed to pull-off a midnight release for us, but this is amazingly awesome news :)

Great news! The only question left is when it will be available on PSN?
"
samtallon wrote:
"
Pobatti wrote:
"

Great news! The only question left is when it will be available on PSN?

The answer to that question is in the tweet.

GGG aren't going to announce the turning-on of a remote server which can't be connected to until a game is released many hours later. The tweet is literally telling us that folks in Europe will be able to download the game as soon as the clock strikes 12:00am midnight on Tuesday morning in your local time.

That means that GGG must have arranged for a special circumstance where Sony will do this as a "midnight launch": it's the digital equivalent of what physical retailers sometimes do when they open-up their stores at midnight on the release of a significant game, and Sony do these occasionally.

The only remaining unanswered question is: will the server be online at the same time, or should we consider this a pre-download which we won't be able to play until the servers *do* go online?
"
Pobatti wrote:

The answer to that question is in the tweet.

GGG aren't going to announce the turning-on of a remote server which can't be connected to until a game is released many hours later. The tweet is literally telling us that folks in Europe will be able to download the game as soon as the clock strikes 12:00am midnight on Tuesday morning in your local time.

That means that GGG must have arranged for a special circumstance where Sony will do this as a "midnight launch": it's the digital equivalent of what physical retailers sometimes do when they open-up their stores at midnight on the release of a significant game, and Sony do these occasionally.

The only remaining unanswered question is: will the server be online at the same time, or should we consider this a pre-download which we won't be able to play until the servers *do* go online?

GGG said "It should be available for preload in some regions...". In my understanding word preload means literally "you can download game before server goes up".
12:00am is the time when server will go up(not a preload!). Sooo I don't see answer to my question in this tweet.

In fact it doesn't really matter. I can download 9GB in less than half an hour. It would just have warmed my heart to see the game icon on my dashboard before server go live. =)
Last edited by samtallon on Mar 25, 2019, 2:11:23 AM
It won't be possible to connect to your PC account from your PlayStation 4 account.

so whats the point for players like me who purchased tabs and cosmetics over 10 years ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info