PlayStation 4 Release Date: March 26th

As someone whose hands/wrists/forearms are totally destroyed by their computer day job - Thank you for releasing on consoles. Now I can still play POE without surgery (probably). Not that it would have stopped me.
Last edited by buz9 on Mar 16, 2019, 8:07:14 PM
Yes! I'm looking forward to chilling on the couch with POE.
Enjoyed on Xbox but PS is my main squeeze. Definitely looking forward to firing up POE again. Have a few friends who are super excited as well.
I just don't get it - GGG community managers are always so passive and almost non-existent or it's a topic related issue? Million questions were asked and not a single answer. I can understand the silence if we were asking for secret info about new expansion, but it's a routine staff - regions, filters, MTX... You must know something about those things in less than two weeks before release...
Last edited by samtallon on Mar 17, 2019, 1:38:48 AM
as much as i watch POE on xbox on youtube, i think the worst thing is - when loot is huge on the ground how to take what you want...
correct me if i am wrong
gamer4life
"
makarijepoe wrote:
i think the worst thing is - when loot is huge on the ground how to take what you want...
correct me if i am wrong

Thats right. This is a litte Problem, but the Gameplay with Controller ist Great.
Last edited by r0nner on Mar 17, 2019, 3:46:57 AM
"
makarijepoe wrote:
as much as i watch POE on xbox on youtube, i think the worst thing is - when loot is huge on the ground how to take what you want...
correct me if i am wrong

You get actually used to, just put in a tighter filter. On PC the issue is, if you click on a nametag, you might move there to pickup, changing the position of the other nametags. On Xbox you have a "mark" which one is selected, if its selectable you can pickup from where you stand. It prefers currency items to be your next selected, so it works rather good.

Inventory management is quite worse.They added some faster movement with the right stick a few patches ago, to help a bit, but an autosort function wouldn't really hurt on console.

"
filix wrote:

You get actually used to, just put in a tighter filter. On PC the issue is, if you click on a nametag, you might move there to pickup, changing the position of the other nametags. On Xbox you have a "mark" which one is selected, if its selectable you can pickup from where you stand. It prefers currency items to be your next selected, so it works rather good.

Inventory management is quite worse.They added some faster movement with the right stick a few patches ago, to help a bit, but an autosort function wouldn't really hurt on console.

How about skills that require cursor positioning? Rise Spectre or totems, for example.
Little update:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2461573

If you are interested, how console support works at ggg and what you might have to expect.

Little summary. Release of 3.6 monday, requiring a full game redownload for optimized filesystem.

Many people reported loading screen crashes, performance issues, and freezes after loading into a map.

They brought a fix on friday (5.6 GB) , which might help with the freezes on loading, but loading times for many reported went from 30 sec to 2 minutes for a map. Due to loading now much longer, many crash kinda every 3rd loading screen. Those changes were only affecting the regular xbox one and the xbox one s. They plan to patch on Monday again ( smallest xbox patch was 2.5 GB so far, so we might get another 5.6GB one, we will see, but people with limited traffic are complaining big time)

I personally have an xbox one x and besides of missing "effects" and fps drops, I can play ok. With external ssd I have like 5s loading times, and realy rarely a dashboard crash during loading. But only if i play solo, as soon I join a party, I suffer also from loading screen crashes every 3rd zoning.

So 3.6 on console or at least on xbox one is a total disaster and gets like you already see here as well, 0 attention from other ggg staff like community managers etc.

I think Jeff from ggg, their console producer, is widely appreciated in the community, but it gets the feeling that for gggs management, console is just another cashcow, where noone cares about its actual condition.

I have a ps4 as well, and should it run smooth there, I would gladly switch. I really enjoy somehow the console version more. Its kinda a mix between ssf and regular gameplay, as the trading is much harder and without bots there are much less items on the market. You also have limitations like movement skills causing desyncs, using 5 flasks without elite controller or any other macro tools is impossible, so you cant just play every zoom zoom build there is. YOu might have to go off meta. Prices are about 2-10 times higher than what you see on poe.trade. Ofc you can here and there make some bargains as well or currency item and maps are probably priced equally, but without a chat and invite system, there is also no bulk trading, so buying like 10 maps can take forever. If its the same seller, you can only make him an offer every 1 min, to prevent spam. If you try to buy 10 maps from the same dude its minimum 10 mins.

Plenty of stuff missing since its 2017 release and ggg totally ignores any questions regarding those things.

So again, for you exiles waiting for ps4, I really hope you will get a better experience.

Edit: I forgot to mention the friday fix, broke ingame text entry, so filtering items in tradeboard and inventory are broken, you cannot even ask someone for a price right now. So for the weekend we are back to stone age, where you have to browse through every single item and read it stats and cannot even search for something like maximum life (you can only do a textsearch, just clarifying, you cannot say maximum life > 100, you will get everything that has at least a maximum life role, even if its minions have maximum life) Imagine finding a jewel.
Last edited by filix on Mar 17, 2019, 4:21:40 AM
Is it going to be released in Europe as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info