PlayStation 4 Release Date: March 26th

The situation is strange indeed. I would even say weird. The company announced a release of their only game on the biggest market outside pc. Just a week left and literrally no info. No trailers, no questions answered, no advertising. That is not how this busyeness works. I guess we gonna see another delay...
"
makarijepoe wrote:
as much as i watch POE on xbox on youtube, i think the worst thing is - when loot is huge on the ground how to take what you want...
correct me if i am wrong

Been there. Sometimes some loots are beyond touch!
By re-enter the map the loot tags can be re-arranged. But sometimes you can't re-enter that place. That will be a nightmare. I have to run to some other corner of the map and go back hoping the loot tags are re-arranged. Also, by turn on and off the lootfilter, the tags won't change their places.

I am almost sure that the developers do not play their own console POE often. Or else they can easily see what the problem is and how to solve it.
Sadly,from the long term that xbox version has been developed, don't think highly of this PS4 version in case of rages. I am sincerely worried that GGG is kinda of going into the stage which almost every game company ends: this is the game, play it or just leave.
POE is for sure a free-for-fun game,but as far as I know and see,it's also a pay-to-win game.
"
BigND wrote:
The situation is strange indeed. I would even say weird. The company announced a release of their only game on the biggest market outside pc. Just a week left and literrally no info. No trailers, no questions answered, no advertising. That is not how this busyeness works. I guess we gonna see another delay...

So weird... I hoped they give us some pre-download option in a couple of days but now I understand how naive it was to think of that. We don't even know the basics, like will it be available on my region.
"
samtallon wrote:
"
BigND wrote:

So weird... I hoped they give us some pre-download option in a couple of days but now I understand how naive it was to think of that. We don't even know the basics, like will it be available on my region.

There's no chance for a preload.

Preloads can only happen if there's some existing gap between the point a game passes certification and the date the developer wants to release the game.

In this case there is no gap: GGG intends to launch the game immediately.
"
Mancrafting wrote:
Just about a week out, any chance for that "more information and what to expect" I noticed that the Path of Exile game overview is no longer available on the playstation app....

Its there with changed "Release Date: 03/2019".

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/path-of-exile-ps4/
"
Pobatti wrote:
"
makarijepoe wrote:
I dont see any problems with buying MTX if you create US account and dl game and you play game on that same account

You'd need to jump through hoops to get funding on the US PSN account. You couldn't simply buy a UK PSN voucher and enter the code on the US PSN, and you can't pay via UK credit/debit cards either. There are ways to fund PSN stores of other regions but they're more tricky and complex.

In any case, a lot of people doing this (using the US download outside the US) will fall into the trap of wanting to keep all their trophies on one PSN account, so they end up playing the game while logged-in to their regular one. Doing that will work, but since the MTX won't exist on that PSN store if you try to buy it from within the game you'll just get an error message.

Worse yet, if this game operates in a similar way to Tera (not sure whether it does or not), the US client may be hardcoded to connect to a US based server, while the EU client may be hardcoded to connect to a EU server. If that is the case with PoE, people playing versions downloaded from PSN stores other than their own could experience high amounts of lag and possible frequent disconnects.

yes you are right, UNFORTUNATELY my country is not supported in PS country list so i have UK and US account, i top-up my wallet with cards from different stores. My primary is US and i never had problems with buying something through PS store or directly in-game, US is my main acc and all trophies goes there, even when i buy game on UK account, i play that game under my main US account and i am gettin all the trophies there. I hope i will be able to purchase also MTX on POE, crossed fingers
gamer4life
"
makarijepoe wrote:
yes you are right, UNFORTUNATELY my country is not supported in PS country list so i have UK and US account, i top-up my wallet with cards from different stores. My primary is US and i never had problems with buying something through PS store or directly in-game, US is my main acc and all trophies goes there, even when i buy game on UK account, i play that game under my main US account and i am gettin all the trophies there. I hope i will be able to purchase also MTX on POE, crossed fingers

Since your country doesn't have it's own PSN, that means you'll always have had to find and make use of the loopholes and methods that exist. Those same methods will exist for everyone else, except that most people aren't used to dealing with those situations. A lot of PSN users have never had to deal with purchasing content from other country stores.

People unfamiliar with the processes of funding foreign PSN accounts with foreign currency are likely to see the obstacle as a wall which completely blocks their ability to buy MTX or DLC. A lot won't know how to do it, and others won't feel safe doing it.

In your case it's not just one game, but every game that this affects and it's pretty much a way of life. For you, if you don't find a way to pay for the games and content you buy, you cannot buy games and content. For those of us in the EU and US, we can easily buy and pay for any game or content available on our store - so when we encounter an isolated situation like this we're more likely to either complain to the developers, or just give-up on the idea of buying MTX.

A solution to the problem exists: wait until the game is released locally, then redownload and reinstall the game from your local store. Because PoE is account-based, you should be able to still access the characters you've been working on, and your client should properly interact with your local store.

However Path of Exile is a whopping 16GB download. It will take some people hours if not days to install something that size (especially given the PSN's slow download speeds); if they patiently sat-through the process once, they won't be eager to re-download the whole thing again just to enable the ability to buy MTX.
For the last few months I've been playing another f2p title not available in my region. Got bored, got plat... I would gladly buy something to support devs and myself on my way to trophy completion, but the shop showed me a finger.

What I want to say is that I really hope poe will not go that way. Its a huge game and deserve more attention on consoles.

I and some of my friends would like to play it for certain but... In december my plan was to buy few stash tabs just by impulse of hype and now... seeing as this game falls in poor advertisement and reading all the rant on reddit about bugs on XBox and design flaws of current content on the main platform... I dont know...
GGG, please, I ask you to prove me wrong.
"
signonthe wrote:
"
Mancrafting wrote:
Just about a week out, any chance for that "more information and what to expect" I noticed that the Path of Exile game overview is no longer available on the playstation app....

Its there with changed "Release Date: 03/2019".

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/path-of-exile-ps4/

There is no mention at all on the EU playstation site, oh well a week to wait and maybe all our questions and speculations will be answered.
Will I be able to use my PC account on my PSN account? Just to not lose my supporter title from release

Best regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info