[3.10] MRSEANCONNORS CRIT / ARC TOTEMS - Hierophant 4.5 MIL DPS / BEGINNER FRIENDLY [All Content]

"
daiverok wrote:
"
SkylerOG wrote:

Needs to be generic +lightning dmg or "to spells"

Sir, thanks for quick reacting, and monitoring this thread )
Ye with couple of levels life gonna turn better.
Have 3 more questions, if u mind.
1. Anointment.
I can`t afford double curse right now, coz of 2 gold oils (160-170c right now).
So i will cast balls with only conductivity.
If i farm some chaos sets today (what i really hate to do) i can afford originally +1 max power charge anointment (its 2 silver oils, like 50c) what gives me, i suppose, +50% spell dmg from void batt x2.
Any another good and cheap anointments? Dont wanna take authors ironwood.
2. Sockets and links
I agree with scrapping lightning warp (but it was funny tho), and golem supports eg. life and cull. Golem anyway will die like a shit.
Meantime my wave of conviction slotted in my mantle - i get lucky 5l +1
When i obtain 6l, wave gonna be moved to wand.
Question: is it worth to sacrifice an arcane surge in movement setup - for vaal haste ?
3. In POB on gloves u have inc. crit against shocked.
What is it, and where i can get it ? )) my gloves without it.
For now it`s all questions i have =)
Thanks for answers!
No prob.

If you can't afford Whispers of Doom (I know those Golden Oil's are expensive), then sure, the +1 power charges (Infused node?) could be an option.

However, if you're having MR issues, then consider Shaper node, too, since it's cheap and only temporary.

That said, I would really try to figure out how to get Assassins Mark to go along with Conductivity ASAP. AM equates to just over +19% MORE DPS, which is huge. Conductivity is just over 25%, so of course it's better.

The other option is Whispers of Doom node is only 4 points from one of your Intellegence nodes in that NW quadrant. Nothing else is going to give you +19% more damage for 4 passive points, so until you can get the WoD anointment, that might be a consideration, too.

Or you could consider using Windshriek boots temporarily, too. (allows you to apply an additional curse). But the cost has gone up on those, so might not be worth it.

I've taken the low level arcane surge off my movement proc since I have a maxed out one constantly procing from my arcane cloak, which I cast about every 10 seconds. Arcane surge lasts ~8 seconds. So a +20% MORE dmg AS is up for 8 of every 10 seconds as opposed to a +13% more dmg AS being up 100% of the time. Personally I'm fine with that tradeoff, but you may have a different preference.

If you can fit Vaal Haste in somewhere, go for it.

Level 20 Vaal Haste equates to about a +12% more dmg.
13% Arcane Surge (level 6-7 gem) equates to about +16% more dmg.
20% Arcane Surge (level 20-21 gem) equates to about +24% more dmg.

Me, personally, I have replaced the low level arcane surge that was attached to Flame Dash & Phase Run with Purifying Flame. I have simply found the insta-cast on-demand +275/s life regen (+6%) from consecrated ground too hard to pass up. It has saved me a lot in boss fights.

As for my gloves, I'm pretty sure I got these off Puhuarte in one of my Atzoatl incursions. Just lucky I think.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Puhuarte,_Architect_of_the_Forge
Last edited by SkylerOG on Apr 8, 2020, 3:40:04 PM
Again thanks for reply!
Also i missed your flasks.
How did u get rid off freeze\burning? Mostly freeze annoing.
Life + oak + atziri is mandatory i think.
"
daiverok wrote:
Again thanks for reply!
Also i missed your flasks.
How did u get rid off freeze\burning? Mostly freeze annoing.
Life + oak + atziri is mandatory i think.
I always have seething divine of staunching + wise oak + atziri + bottled faith/sulphur. (if you can't afford bottled faith, which many can't, then just add "of Heat" to your sulphur flask) I don't even need a diamond flask anymore as my crit chance has been 100% since I put Assassins Mark in.

And then it just depends on the map mods. I can swap in a catalysed eternal of heat or dousing if needed... or stick with Rumi's flask + set my pantheon to Brine King+Yugul (mitigates most of cold damage issues) or Arakaali+Abberath (mitigates most of fire damage issues).

This is a kiting build, meaning we really try hard to stay moving on the outer edge of combat away from melee range while our totems do all the close fighting, and just refresh them every few seconds, which we're doing to keep up curses on ourselves anyway.

So I try to avoid getting hit as much as possible. And therefore hopefully avoid freeze and ignite. And anytime it happens, if I don't die, i'm mashing flame dash and my flasks, getting out of range and dropping a PF. Dashing/teleporting the other direction is always the best mitigation technique there is. We're not melee chars and we don't even need to be close to do our damage. And it's easy to avoid chilled and burning ground, because again, we get to choose where we stand/move during any fight.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Apr 8, 2020, 3:45:31 PM
Anyway Bottled faith is OMG 20ex !
I think i can keep my poor quartz flask with anti-freeze xDDD
But i think i`ll stick to life_oak_atziri_rumi_sulphur(freeze) like u sad/ coz sulphur = dmg, eh?
Nah pantheon switches isn`t for me, i simply forget about switching, lol
also i find a totems wave of conviction a bit clunky =-] and i laughed when i see that i put a vaal RF into a cwdt immo call setup, and it start triggering RF from hits bcoz its low lvl xDD
Last edited by daiverok on Apr 8, 2020, 5:05:45 PM
"
daiverok wrote:
Anyway Bottled faith is OMG 20ex !
I think i can keep my poor quartz flask with anti-freeze xDDD
But i think i`ll stick to life_oak_atziri_rumi_sulphur(freeze) like u sad/ coz sulphur = dmg, eh?
Nah pantheon switches isn`t for me, i simply forget about switching, lol
also i find a totems wave of conviction a bit clunky =-] and i laughed when i see that i put a vaal RF into a cwdt immo call setup, and it start triggering RF from hits bcoz its low lvl xDD
Yeah, sulphur is +damage, but also consecrated ground, which gives you 6%/s life regen while you're on it. (which is why I also slot purifying flame so I can give myself consecrated ground any time I want it)

And Bottled Faith is a luxury. Build is perfectly viable without it.

And yeah, you gotta level VRF higher than the CWDT requirement or it'll try to cast RF, which will kill you. LOL

You also have to make sure you only have Wave of Conviction attached to Spell Totem Support, otherwise whatever else is attached will cast as a totem. Even your golem.

And I know it's clunky trying to fit WoC lightning debuffs in between everything, but it's especially worth it on boss fights. I don't really cast it when just clearing maps.
Why are we getting the power charge with annointment while we can get it with only 2 point @@?

Or was that just a temporary before we gets enuf levels?

What are the suggested nodes for annoint if i don't wan ironwood @?

Preferred more survival or dps
"
Sieggy wrote:
Why are we getting the power charge with annointment while we can get it with only 2 point @@?

Or was that just a temporary before we gets enuf levels?

What are the suggested nodes for annoint if i don't wan ironwood @?

Preferred more survival or dps
I'm not sure why the OP guide only has the build getting a +1 power charge anointment. It's cheap, while others are quite expensive, so maybe that's it?

But if you go back a couple pages, you will see I've laid out some advice for folks on how to update this build and make significant improvements.

> 40-50% more DPS (upwards of 6.5M shaper dps at final build)
> 100% crit chance without a diamond flask
> consistent easy max power charges without Inya's boots
> more resists, including chaos resist
> +life/mana on kill
> significantly more movement speed (phase run in your movement button)
> 1700-1800 more effective life

Here's the endgame PoB goal for this build, IMO: https://pastebin.com/qinvuhvd

As for the anointment, it's expensive (2 golden's + 1 black), but going Whispers of Doom so you can do another curse and add Assassins Mark is the way to go.

You get both DPS (massive DPS bump, ~20% more), AND survival with +25 life/mana on cursed enemy kill... plus easier sustain on power charges.

I use ball lightning + curse on hit + assassins mark + conductivity when I'm clearing maps. When I do a big boss, I swap ball lightning out for storm brand because it's easier to target, plus duration is longer.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Apr 10, 2020, 11:52:01 AM
So latest update is I've now swapped out ball lightning/storm brand, used to apply curses, and am using Blade Blast.

Blade Blast also applies a 4s Unnerve debuff on it's hit, which is another +10% MORE damage/DPS (HUGE!). And the AoE radius seems adequate enough to hit most of mobs in a pack. There's no cooldown, it's cheap mana cost, and virtually insta-cast. So this is a very nice addition.

Level it past 12 to get +2 radius (21 for +3), and quality 20+ for increased area of effect. It requires 155 dex at level 20 (159 at 21), so be careful if you don't have the dex.
Thanks a lot for all the updates SkylerOG! you are the reason i took this build, since the OP seems outdated.

Having good fun with it so far :) following your skillbuild. Still need to buy some items and gems. But that will come.

The power charges really gives us amazing power.
Can anyone help me out a little. I am showing 500K less DPS than the OP with pretty much the exact same build with the exception of a few missing skill points. What am I missing that is supposed to make up 500K DPS per totem?

https://pastebin.com/nCfspMxZ

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info