[3.7] Konsta's 4-curse Bane + ED CI Occultist | starter | budget | tanky | good DPS

"
GoonLP wrote:
quick and maybe noob question, why not bright on spell totem istead of wither?

My reasoning is following:

1. Even if you use blight and threshold jewel, the damage is minimal. Spell totem eats one slot and decreases the damage, so you are left with 2 slots for supports if not using multiple totem support. On the other hand, wither doesn't care about the damage

2. Blight radius is rather small. With blight against some bosses, you'll have to recast totem to keep up the blight. With Wither, the range is considerably higher

3. You'll need the threshold jewel. Jewels are prime place to get ES, some damage and missing resists. It is just not worth of sacrificing one jewel for spreading rot.

HOWEVER, I'm quite convinced that if you want to use blight, it'll work just fine! Try it out and let us hear how it feels.

What pantheons ppl running? im running Ralakesh as minor and thinking to use brine king as major.
Ingame names
Cyan_Burn_Baby_Burn
Is there a reason you are leveling spell totem and multiple totems? All they are doing is applying the debuff, they don't do damage. I don't see any change in damage regardless of their levels according to PoB. Just increases your STR requirement. Also in the OP's gear it's linked to Void Manipulation which again, doesn't increase the damage of the debuff. Am I missing something?
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Mar 22, 2019, 2:40:56 PM
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
Is there a reason you are leveling spell totem and multiple totems? All they are doing is applying the debuff, they don't do damage. I don't see any change in damage regardless of their levels according to PoB. Just increases your STR requirement. Also in the OP's gear it's linked to Void Manipulation which again, doesn't increase the damage of the debuff. Am I missing something?

Hi, void manipulation is just for levelling, didn't clear that up.

On multiple totems, maximum strength requirement is 51, so that's not a problem. You can leave it unleveled, but since it doesn't make any difference, you can level it anyway.

On spell totem gem, spell totem life is based on level, so you want to level that as high as possible to keep the buddies alive.

The reason for multiple totems is to apply max wither stacks as fast as possible. Since the reduced damage from multiple totems is not a problem, you'll get 3x cast speed for free!
Hi Konsta,

Been following this pretty closely while leveling and much appreciate the work you put into this. Compared it with many other Bane builds and chose yours.

Which Pantheons are you running? I didn't see that in the guide anywhere, and as I am still sort of new I am not certain which ones to use. I was thinking Solaris for major, or maybe Brine King. For minor I've been running Ralakesh because I'm constantly moving and Bleed is evil.

Thanks in advance!
"
cyan69 wrote:
What pantheons ppl running? im running Ralakesh as minor and thinking to use brine king as major.

"
logitewty wrote:
Which Pantheons are you running?

Major: Solaris
Minor: Gruthkul maps, Tukohama bosses.
¯\_(◉◡◔)_/¯
Last edited by Hikakundesu on Mar 23, 2019, 4:07:49 PM
"
logitewty wrote:
Hi Konsta,

Been following this pretty closely while leveling and much appreciate the work you put into this. Compared it with many other Bane builds and chose yours.

Which Pantheons are you running? I didn't see that in the guide anywhere, and as I am still sort of new I am not certain which ones to use. I was thinking Solaris for major, or maybe Brine King. For minor I've been running Ralakesh because I'm constantly moving and Bleed is evil.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, please see Hikakundesu's post above, his advice seems good! However, I tend to change often based on map content. On rippy mods, I pick either solaris, lunaris or arkaali depending on mods. On minor, I just use Abberath or Gruthkul. The pantheon choice is very flexible.
What flasks are people using?
Im using basalt,Sulphur,Atziri,Silver,Quicksilver but think im gonna switch atziri to witchfire or so.
also what jewels? shows in pob he use unique ones but not on profile.
Ingame names
Cyan_Burn_Baby_Burn
"
cyan69 wrote:
What flasks are people using?
Im using basalt,Sulphur,Atziri,Silver,Quicksilver but think im gonna switch atziri to witchfire or so.
also what jewels? shows in pob he use unique ones but not on profile.

Hi, I'm not at my computer at the moment so I cannot check POB. However: do not use witchfire. I have not confirmed this, but it is possible the despair aura from witchfire prevents bane from applying despair and thus lowering damage.

From jewels, using one energy from within is BiS, and for the other jewels:
-missing stats or resists
-chaos damage
-damage over time
-increased energy shield
I really like the idea of the build.

One thing i want to change is CI. I am not a fan of it flavour wise.

You think getting MoM instead and have hybrid ES/Life on gear will be good enough? Or will my defense be much worse?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info