[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

I'm still trying to make a last minute decision of either Winter orb Ele vs Vortex Occ build.

I was comparing your winter orb build to others and I noticed no herald of ash or cold -> fire for Winter orb. Do you need these to benefit from the fire effects in the ascendancy nodes (ie Ignite, and part of Mastermind of Discord)?
"
Seldric_ wrote:
I'm still trying to make a last minute decision of either Winter orb Ele vs Vortex Occ build.

I was comparing your winter orb build to others and I noticed no herald of ash or cold -> fire for Winter orb. Do you need these to benefit from the fire effects in the ascendancy nodes (ie Ignite, and part of Mastermind of Discord)?

Herald of ash give a bonus to physical damage only or when you have fire damage spell - with Cold to fire it is usable, I am using Herold of Thunder + Ice - the ignite is not super important in my opinion, it doesn't add a lot of dmg to the build. Winter Orb clears fast enough, but it is definitely viable, saw some builds use it aswell

I played last league my Vortex occu to lvl 100, can recommend that build aswell ;)
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
Last edited by Lyxara on Mar 8, 2019, 2:55:49 PM
Cool thank you, I guess lots of variants can be viable.

Hoping once I get out of work I can finally decide which build :)
May RNG be with you guys ! :)
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Loving the look of the build, it will be my main through 3.6.

One thing I've found handy is Storm Burst (linked by Infused Channeling and Arcane Surge because I'm a little lazy on mana pots) combined with Herald of Thunder. Looking at early on where you recommend Explosive Traps (Though ETs are great for hordes on the memory maps, so I run both).

I'm a slow player (i.e. Summoner builds) so am used to longer times (6-8hrs to reach end of Act 2).

But SB has reduced that to around 4hrs for Act 3 start and I've found it a great way to speed up leveling with some zombies to reduce damage on the Memory Nexus maps.

TL;DR Storm Burst linked with Infused Channeling, buffed by Herald of Thunder is a surprisingly fast attack build for early game/Memory Nexus.
Last edited by Cassy_Wolf on Mar 8, 2019, 11:57:38 PM
If I change Pendulum of Destruction and Mastermind of Discord out and go Paragon + Liege and use flame + ice golem instead. Do this build lose too much damage to clear content? I want more survivability from paragon leech and reflect immune. I don't know if the trade-off damage from 25% herald and 25% pen would be worth it.
Quick question from me - what in this build shocks enemies? The herald of thunder doesn't cause shock?
thanks fo a nice build idea but i would argue it's very adapted for 3.6 wheel

why would you all way to the left for 5% pen in inqusitor area when there is heart of ice directly above witch?

why would you go all the way to acrobatics when there are a lot of block nodes with great damage addition in witch area now?
"
skyzsong wrote:
If I change Pendulum of Destruction and Mastermind of Discord out and go Paragon + Liege and use flame + ice golem instead. Do this build lose too much damage to clear content? I want more survivability from paragon leech and reflect immune. I don't know if the trade-off damage from 25% herald and 25% pen would be worth it.

Our main damage source is cold and lightning, with mastermind of discord we get 25% pen for both, as said bfore if you enjoy more being reflect immune and have 2 golems up then go for it, it will be a bit safer + it gives u 2 "bodies" more that assist you.

"
Alegu wrote:
Quick question from me - what in this build shocks enemies? The herald of thunder doesn't cause shock?

Herald gives your spells flat lightning damage, with a big enough hit it shocks the enemy, our shock is boosted from our ascendancy
"
fleokan wrote:
thanks fo a nice build idea but i would argue it's very adapted for 3.6 wheel

why would you all way to the left for 5% pen in inqusitor area when there is heart of ice directly above witch?

why would you go all the way to acrobatics when there are a lot of block nodes with great damage addition in witch area now?

the way to divine judgement gives us: ele pen, increased ele damage, increased aura effect and increased effect of non-damaging ailments + life and strength

heart of ice and the pathing there gives int cold damage, cold pen and cold damage leeched as energy shield

I know we save some points but overall we get more out of it when we go to divine judgement, it buffs our heralds, our shock/chill effects etc

I am not saying you can't go heart of ice, it's a different approach then my build

in terms of acrobatics/phase acro - we need dex and our shields don't have that much block chance to start with, I prefer phase run as my movement skill in combination with flame dash, so I need dex anyway :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info