[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

Would it be possible to get some info on recommended gear? I know the POB has a list of items on it, but was just curious on sought after stats, etc.

Thanks for the build, going to be piecing together this for the league start with Suck's build, but definitely appreciate yours being more up to date. :)
Last edited by nuanceish on Mar 8, 2019, 1:46:52 AM
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
WyattPOE wrote:
awesome guide! maybe add some low lvl trees in the levelling section for newer players who don't know what nodes to prioritise? :)

Just did :)

awesome, gl with synthesis and the guide <3
"
nuanceish wrote:
Would it be possible to get some info on recommended gear? I know the POB has a list of items on it, but was just curious on sought after stats, etc.

Thanks for the build, going to be piecing together this for the league start with Suck's build, but definitely appreciate yours being more up to date. :)

added
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
Finally found my starter for 3.6. Thanks for updating the guide I'm hyped to try winter orb since I didn't have the time to in Betrayal. Now I just have to chance an inpulsa and 6 link in 3 fusings like in Betrayal.:D
Last edited by SpongeBOZZ666 on Mar 8, 2019, 2:50:42 AM
I think you meant "non-Chaos as Extra Chaos" instead of "Extra Chaos as non-Chaos" in the gearing section, offensive stats, right?
"
TheBigMic wrote:
I think you meant "non-Chaos as Extra Chaos" instead of "Extra Chaos as non-Chaos" in the gearing section, offensive stats, right?

Yes :D thanks for pointing it out
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
thx for the guide i try it ;) my first Worb Character :D
Why not keep the controlled destruction and use the new Aura Zealoustry?
It seems to increases base crit of winter orb, and grant 15% MORE spell damage.
With Enlighten, it should address the mana reservation issue.
Or is this build cost too much mana to utilize the low mana count?

PS: Great mind thinks alike.
Your skill tree is like 99% identical to the new set-up I self created a day ago. Only difference is I grabbed the jewel on the scion tree middle instead of the shadow one on the right. I honestly have no idea why you pick the dex one instead of getting free 18% res x 2.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 8, 2019, 6:03:03 AM
After level 28 i suggest getting a 4-link (BBBB) for Lightning Spire Trap to burst bosses (LSP-Controlled Destruction-Ele Focus-Added lightning). Did practice run yesterday and it absolutely shreds, it's probably still the best option even after the nerf. I will use this 4 link for a long time in maps before I get a 6 link and proper gear. Also remember you can use War Banner to get 100% increased damage for 2.5s when you place it at max stacks.

Be flexible with your links - the difference between added lightning and cold pen early is very small, so don't worry if you get your 4/5-link on a pure int base and can't roll enough greens.

Try to get 2 red links after act 6 and use CWDT(lvl1)-Immortal call(lvl3). It's a life saver in later acts. Granite flask is also huge while leveling/early maps.

Try to get a BBRG 4-link as soon as possible after a6/at maps for Heralds-Curse on Hit-Warlord's Mark to boost your survivability.

Just a few tips I remember from my yesterday's run. Good luck guys.

EDIT: @mic, you can keep Controlled Destruction if you use 2 points to get two crit nodes near witch start. The new aura would work, but you won't have enlighten for quite some time and it's a trade-off for aspect of the Spider. Mana shouldn't be a problem if you have warlord's mark ring I think.
Last edited by seciak on Mar 8, 2019, 6:08:56 AM
"
seciak wrote:
After level 28 i suggest getting a 4-link (BBBB) for Lightning Spire Trap to burst bosses (LSP-Controlled Destruction-Ele Focus-Added lightning).

Another good Singletarget boost is
Vaal Blade Vortex-Phys to Lightning-Controlled Destruction-Conc Effect.
The only downside of this setup is the fight against bosses with multiple phases.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info