[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

Does changing the armor from Inpulsa to Eternity Shroud worth it? I see top tier DPS Elementalist on poe.ninja and most of them uses the Eternity Shroud..

Thanks for the help!
"
Gensis1202 wrote:
New to the game, trying this build out and was hoping someone could answer a question for me. When I attempted to keep up the grace aura, and both hearld spells I have insufficient mana. Is this due to an issue with my gear or is the grace only intended to be used for its activate vaal half?

Sorry if the answer is something silly, still working my way into the game and the build.

Grace is only for the Vaal Grace for emergency purposes.

You don't activate the aura.
"
meister1523 wrote:
Does changing the armor from Inpulsa to Eternity Shroud worth it? I see top tier DPS Elementalist on poe.ninja and most of them uses the Eternity Shroud..

Thanks for the help!

Depend on what you value I guess.

Using Eternity Shroud means giving up on all those new op implicits (Since you want to use Shaper base) and many of the new uniques (Circle of Fear can't be chanced), as well as paying ludicrous amount of currency on you helmet. (Cheapest shaper base wo+2 is 22 ex)

Also you lose shock immunity. (And we're locked into alot of unique flasks too so you can't get shock immunity as easy from your utility flasks)

So yeah, if you have the money to deal with all those tediums , you can switch to Eternal Shroud. You prob got some more dps, but you lost dps elsewhere too, and lost some key utility from Inpulsa as well. (Namely help you destroy many of the corpses on death effect and shock immunity)

Also, treat poe ninja's dps leaderboard with a grain of salt.
It favours crit build, does not take into account of buff effects like Elemental Overlord, does not take into account of flask's dm bonus, does not take into account of shock effectiveness (20% vs 30%), does not take into account of conditional dps boost gem (like Hypothermia) and just use the raw dps from the main skill itself , like the misleading tooltip shown in game.

ps: I checked that Eternity Shroud dude you mentioned with 1.5 mil dps shown in poe ninja on pob.

He is crit base build, and he spent most of his points on crit nodes, and doesn't even take any of the increased skill effect duration node. He doesn't even take Phase Acrobatic too. I'm guessing his main purpose for that build is for bossing because to me, 4 sec wo duration is near unplayable for mapping. And without the dodge the build is actually pretty frail.

Basically his absurd dps is because he built specifically for dps, especially crit. (He even go for Unnatural Instinct crit multiplier), not mainly because of Eternity Shroud. If you use this version of build and go for Eternity Shroud, your dps wouldn't be that much higher than the Inpulsa version.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Apr 18, 2019, 9:22:50 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
meister1523 wrote:

Thanks for the help!

Using Eternity Shroud means giving up on all those new op implicits (Since you want to use Shaper base) and many of the new uniques (Circle of Fear can't be chanced), as well as paying ludicrous amount of currency on you helmet. (Cheapest shaper base wo+2 is 22 ex)

Also you lose shock immunity. (And we're locked into alot of unique flasks too so you can't get shock immunity as easy from your utility flasks)

So yeah, if you have the money to deal with all those tediums , you can switch to Eternal Shroud. You prob got some more dps, but you lost dps elsewhere too, and lost some key utility from Inpulsa as well. (Namely help you destroy many of the corpses on death effect and shock immunity)

It favours crit build, does not take into account of buff effects like Elemental Overlord, does not take into account of flask's dm bonus, does not take into account of shock effectiveness (20% vs 30%), does not take into account of conditional dps boost gem (like Hypothermia) and just use the raw dps from the main skill itself , like the misleading tooltip shown in game.

I appreciate the helpful advice mate! Well, given those pro's/con's that you have elaborated, I think I'm better off with Inpulsa. The Eternity Shroud is only perfectly matched with Trickster WO builds. And getting all my items Shaper based is insane especially the currency to be spent.

And yeah regarding the poe.ninja, I knew something was odd based on their ranking. But anyway, thanks again! :) Cheers!
"
meister1523 wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
meister1523 wrote:

Thanks for the help!

I appreciate the helpful advice mate! Well, given those pro's/con's that you have elaborated, I think I'm better off with Inpulsa. The Eternity Shroud is only perfectly matched with Trickster WO builds. And getting all my items Shaper based is insane especially the currency to be spent.

And yeah regarding the poe.ninja, I knew something was odd based on their ranking. But anyway, thanks again! :) Cheers!

I did some more research on Poe Ninja WO Ele dps.

The HIGHEST dps shown on Poe-ninja that actually uses our key setup like all the increased skill effect duration nodes and Phase Acrobatic is only 552k. (And his life is pitiful 4.4k , not recommended at all)

Those people you've seen that has absurd dps on Poe ninja, they're playing something completely different.

All I'm saying is you can't just look things from surface. You need to dig in to see what's going on, and why they have so much dps. They basically trade all their survivability and utility for the dps, thus their dps is justified. (No skill effect duration nodes at all, no dodge at all, lower life, etc).
Eternity Shroud is not the key factor they have so much more dps than the rest of us.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Apr 18, 2019, 9:41:15 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
Gensis1202 wrote:
New to the game, trying this build out and was hoping someone could answer a question for me. When I attempted to keep up the grace aura, and both hearld spells I have insufficient mana. Is this due to an issue with my gear or is the grace only intended to be used for its activate vaal half?

Sorry if the answer is something silly, still working my way into the game and the build.

Grace is only for the Vaal Grace for emergency purposes.

You don't activate the aura.

Cheers appreciate the help.
"
The HIGHEST dps shown on Poe-ninja that actually uses our key setup like all the increased skill effect duration nodes and Phase Acrobatic is only 552k. (And his life is pitiful 4.4k , not recommended at all)

Those people you've seen that has absurd dps on Poe ninja, they're playing something completely different.

All I'm saying is you can't just look things from surface. You need to dig in to see what's going on, and why they have so much dps. They basically trade all their survivability and utility for the dps, thus their dps is justified. (No skill effect duration nodes at all, no dodge at all, lower life, etc).
Eternity Shroud is not the key factor they have so much more dps than the rest of us.

Thanks again for the clarification mate! I don't like glass cannons tbh, defense is more of an offense for me.
So I've been saving for an Inpulsa, and after that I'm somewhat lost on where to go. Should I be making the transition over to cold to fire if I want to do end game bossing with this build? I'm terribad at getting past yellow maps, so any advice on what I should swap out or buy is appreciated.
Probably a trivial question, but why do you not pick up Frost Walker in your passive build? It seems to offer quite a bit and does not mandate a big detour.
best in slot jewels for this build>projectile speed+area damage+life
recommend for all of you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info