a

"
Sunold wrote:
Very good, try to add Yoke of Suffering, shock provides a lot of damage. In "minion damage affect you" remove 2 last nodes and take minion damage near witch start, +3 inc damage) Good job, Exile!

Essence worm + wrath? Or new holy aura? :thinking:
"
PlayArcher wrote:
"
Sunold wrote:
Very good, try to add Yoke of Suffering, shock provides a lot of damage. In "minion damage affect you" remove 2 last nodes and take minion damage near witch start, +3 inc damage) Good job, Exile!

Essence worm + wrath? Or new holy aura? :thinking:

If you're planning to go EB with MoM, you probably dont really need Mana. I would equip Devouring Diadem as your helmet and reserve most of your mana (Discipline + Wrath + Herald of Thunder? with enlighten linked to them or some #%reduced reservation nodes)
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
LithiumWeezy wrote:
The math is there. Conc effect will do more damage over the long run. HOWEVER with intensify, you will not be bothered by switching gems. I dont think unleash is honestly worth it. At least for PF.. I personally am going to use elemental focus because i dont care about ignite at all.

I personally don't like using Elemental Focus, because you will lose the multi from Righteous Providence and won't be able to use Cinderswallow, which is a great damage upgrade.

By the way, is the Nugi you mentioned in your previous reply the legit streamer one? Just curious

Yes thats the Nugi I did the build with. He reviewed it on stream and fine tuned it. lol
I'm almost 100% certain damage will not be the issues with PF. It'll prolly be the AoE or mana cost honestly. That pastebin has 600k DPS which is more than enough to clear any content in the game. I've dropped a massive amount of damage for a lot more ES because I play HC. I had it at 7k ES with 1.3mil DPS but 7k ES in HC is a tad bit risky, I dont plan on bossing but still.. I'd feel uncomfortable running that much ES.
"
LithiumWeezy wrote:
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
LithiumWeezy wrote:
The math is there. Conc effect will do more damage over the long run. HOWEVER with intensify, you will not be bothered by switching gems. I dont think unleash is honestly worth it. At least for PF.. I personally am going to use elemental focus because i dont care about ignite at all.

I personally don't like using Elemental Focus, because you will lose the multi from Righteous Providence and won't be able to use Cinderswallow, which is a great damage upgrade.

By the way, is the Nugi you mentioned in your previous reply the legit streamer one? Just curious

Yes thats the Nugi I did the build with. He reviewed it on stream and fine tuned it. lol

Damn :) Concerning simulating Purifying Flame, I'd advise you to switch to Bladefall and copy the Life Flask I am using in my PoB to get some good simulated numbers (there are small differences like damage effectiveness etc but we can ignore that). That pastebin looks pretty good anyway. Would there be any problems with me including it as an option in my guide (after some minor changes)?
Feel free, just send a shoutout! :) I think in the end, this will certainly be the highest DPS/ES potential. With Shavs being endgame and letting you run another aura or two. Gem wise, I think were just going to need to see the gems to determine whats best. I prolly wont use intensify just because I need on demand AoE/conc effects. /shrug
Just really depends on the second effect of PF and how big that AoE really is. Its hard to tell with the videos.

I'd swap it but honestly, Im not concerned at all about damage. Mostly just worried the AoE effect isnt going to be enough for fast and efficient clear speed. (And maybe reflect, which is most likely what ill die too)
Last edited by LithiumWeezy on Mar 7, 2019, 1:09:24 PM
Did some fine-tuning in the gear and leveling section! Just noting it here because I still haven't made a changelog.
Last edited by UlyUly on Mar 7, 2019, 1:40:36 PM
Last patch was my first real shot at learning PoE, and I fell in love with the game thanks to Enki's Arc Witch guide helping me so much.

I need another n00b friendly guide to start this patch with, and now I think I found it!

Thank You for helping us new guys out, this guide is great.
Last edited by Shimko on Mar 7, 2019, 2:13:36 PM
u/Fala1 on Reddit did a nice list of damage calculations for Unleash on Reddit, getting the same numbers as me.

Comprehensive Unleash damage effectiveness calculations here!

Things to add to the leveling section:
Gem levels and locations of the new gems:
Purifying Flame, level 1, Available in Act 1 as quest reward for killing Hillock. (Enemy at the Gate)

Intensify Support, level 31, Available in Act 3 after helping Siosa in the library (A Fixture of Fate)

Unleash Support, level 38, Available in Act 4 after Defeating Kaom and Daresso (The Eternal Nightmare) same time as getting Spell Echo support, so have to buy one of them.
Linked a lot of items for reference along with 2/3 of the gems used in this build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info