a

Sounds like a great build for a newbie like me, thanks a lot :)
"
kuprums wrote:
Sounds like a great build for a newbie like me, thanks a lot :)

It's always great to see some comments if appreciation :) If you have any questions, feel free to post them here (in case anyone else needs them).
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
Syperek wrote:
One more question, what do you think about Intensify support instead of Inc AoE/Conc Effect swapping?

Spoiler

Intensify and Unleash look more than great for this build. I will change the guide so it features Intensify instead of AoE/Conc.
Unleash may be a great addition too, but I'll wait until PoB gets updated to check how it works.

Unleash does look great for when we have to move a lot.

How is works is this, every 0.71 (At gem level 20, this might be a leveling stat) seconds it grants a charge, up to 3 charges.

When you cast a spell it will use any charges to cast it additional times equal to your current charges, at a 26% damage penalty.

So say you have the spell with echo and 3 charges.

It goes like this
Full damage, full damage (echo repeat), 74% damage, 74% damage, 74% damage

The echo repeat might come after the casts, not sure about that, but it equals to the same.

These charges keeps going even while casting, so if you are continuously casting you will have an extra 74% damage cast every 0.71 seconds.
So for high movement fights where you might only get a shot off every x seconds, it is a damage increase. However for fights like shaper where it will only really be at full charges every time there is a phase, it is not worth it.

The higher your cast rate, the less Unleash is worth for DPS.

For this build with the items in the PoB it looks like this for continuously casting (Working with float precision, not 3 significant digits, that is only to make it readable):
(1/(1/0.7(Casttime) * 2.11(Castspeed) * 1.7(Echo)) = 0.195s per cast

Casts per charge:
0.71s / 0.195s = 3.64

So we get 74% more once per 3.64 casts, averaging out to:
74% / 3.64 = 20.34% more
Last edited by Rinani on Mar 7, 2019, 8:58:38 AM
"
Rinani wrote:

How is works is this, every 0.71 (At gem level 20, this might be a leveling stat) seconds it grants a charge, up to 3 charges.

When you cast a spell it will use any charges to cast it additional times equal to your current charges, at a 26% damage penalty.

For this build with the items in the PoB it looks like this for continuously casting (Working with float precision, not 3 significant digits, that is only to make it readable):
1/5.13 = 0.195s per cast

Casts per charge:
0.71s / 0.195s = 3.64

74% / 3.64 = 20.34% more

I cannot stress how helpful this comment is! Thanks for providing me and other players with these calculations :)
Whould a Ngamahu's Flame work with this build?
Last edited by Bigmarty on Mar 7, 2019, 9:16:43 AM
Can i ask a newbie question ? :p
Why in your talent tree you get a round for up minions, i took your pastebin for start the league in right talent, but i don't see for why you take this point in "Redemption" , "Spiritual aid" , "Righteous Army"
= just up the golem ?

Doesn't more interest too take more point for fire / area dmg ?
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
Rinani wrote:

1/5.13 = 0.195s per cast

Casts per charge:
0.71s / 0.195s = 3.64

74% / 3.64 = 20.34% more

I cannot stress how helpful this comment is! Thanks for providing me and other players with these calculations :)

This is the absolute minimum of more damage it will provide to the build.
Looking at time slices and real world scenarios, it looks like it might outperform Added Fire damage.
Added fire damage is only 26% more to the build.

The best case more if you only have time to cast a single echo cast every 3 * 0.71s = 2.13 seconds (And any amount of time higher than that)

It will look like I wrote in the previous post, two full damage casts and 3 casts for 74% damage.

Obviously we would get the two casts no matter what, lets call this our base case scenario slice.
It will be spending 0.195 seconds (0.39s) twice to cast and then run around for 1.74 seconds before we cast again.

Our base is that we cast twice for 200% damage, this is what we have to compare our added damage to, to get our more damage.

So 74% * 3 / 200% = 111% more

So we have a best and worst case scenario.
111% more under ideal conditions and 20.34% against a stationary target that never forces us to move. (It should be noted that that the worst case will never happen, because we start with a burst of those 3 * 74%, so it will lower the more the longer we cast, but we will never hit the 20.34% overall)

Best case scenario will be at any time where we only spend 18.3% of our time casting and the rest dodging.
Worst case scenario is where we spend 100% of our time casting.

So the real world scenario is somewhere in between.
"
felwen wrote:
Can i ask a newbie question ? :p
Why in your talent tree you get a round for up minions, i took your pastebin for start the league in right talent, but i don't see for why you take this point in "Redemption" , "Spiritual aid" , "Righteous Army"
= just up the golem ?

Doesn't more interest too take more point for fire / area dmg ?

Carefully read Spiritual Aid, it makes increases to minion damage apply to any type of damage we deal :)
"
Bigmarty wrote:
Whould a Ngamahu's Flame work with this build?

I think not. Ngamahu is a weapon best suited for attacks (Ngamahu Cyclone for example) and this is a build centered around spells. The 'Increased physical damage' on Ngamahu applies onpy to the damage it deals, so our Purifying Flame can only benefit from the 50% of Physical Damage converted to Fire damage mod, which is kinda redundant.
"
Rinani wrote:
"
UlyUly wrote:
"
Rinani wrote:

1/5.13 = 0.195s per cast

Casts per charge:
0.71s / 0.195s = 3.64

74% / 3.64 = 20.34% more

This is the absolute minimum of more damage it will provide to the build.
Looking at time slices and real world scenarios, it looks like it might outperform Added Fire damage.
Added fire damage is only 26% more to the build.

The best case more if you only have time to cast a single echo cast every 3 * 0.71s = 2.13 seconds (And any amount of time higher than that)

It will look like I wrote in the previous post, two full damage casts and 3 casts for 74% damage.

Obviously we would get the two casts no matter what, lets call this our base case scenario slice.
It will be spending 0.195 seconds (0.39s) twice to cast and then run around for 1.74 seconds before we cast again.

Our base is that we cast twice for 200% damage, this is what we have to compare our added damage to, to get our more damage.

So 74% * 3 / 200% = 111% more

So we have a best and worst case scenario.
111% more under ideal conditions and 20.34% against a stationary target that never forces us to move. (It should be noted that that the worst case will never happen, because we start with a burst of those 3 * 74%, so it will lower the more the longer we cast, but we will never hit the 20.34% overall)

Best case scenario will be at any time where we only spend 18.3% of our time casting and the rest dodging.
Worst case scenario is where we spend 100% of our time casting.

So the real world scenario is somewhere in between.

I feel like Unleash + Intensify could be a great replacement for Spell Echo + Added Fire. Does that seem about right? Based on your calculations, I presume it does.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info