a

Hello. I just started playing after quite long break. I chose your build, seems to be fun. I want to ask three questions.
1. Why we pick controlled destruction if we want to crit?
2. Since we want to crit.. Is not Inevitable Judgement damn overpowered for us?
3. Why at the start of the tree we pick small % regen nodes instead of dmg nodes?

If those questions already apperead sorry, but scrolling 40+ pages is too much for me:D I spent two hours trying to comorehend your build. It is very friendly and depth.
Sorry fire my english, cheerse!
IGN: Chichotka
"
Exathil wrote:
Hello. I just started playing after quite long break. I chose your build, seems to be fun. I want to ask three questions.
1. Why we pick controlled destruction if we want to crit?
2. Since we want to crit.. Is not Inevitable Judgement damn overpowered for us?
3. Why at the start of the tree we pick small % regen nodes instead of dmg nodes?

If those questions already apperead sorry, but scrolling 40+ pages is too much for me:D I spent two hours trying to comorehend your build. It is very friendly and depth.
Sorry fire my english, cheerse!

Hi!

Your English isn't that bad :)

1. Controlled Destruction doesn't make us unable to crit. It says 'reduced', which means it is additive with other sources of 'reduced' and 'increased'. If you had 1000% increased damage and 100% reduced damage on your character, you would deal 900% Increased damage, not 0% damage. Same goes to crit with Controlled Destruction.

2. Inevitable Judgement makes us ignore enemy resistance, meaning that we treat it like it's at 0%. This would be unfortunate for this build, as we stack so many reductions and sources of elemental penetration we treat the enemy as if they had negative resistances, which is a great multiplier to our damage.

3. Puirfying Flame has mana problems early on (before we get to the normal lab). These nodes greatly help us with these :) If you feel like bossing is a problem on early levels, use Storm Burst (a skill reworked in this patch).

If you want me to further elaborate on any of these, tell me!
Last edited by UlyUly on Mar 25, 2019, 3:31:10 AM
Hi there,
Just wanted to say I'm REALLY enjoying playing Templar this league with this build.
I've made a couple of changes to suit my playstyle...notably using Smite/Iron Will/Increased Lightning Dmg/Ancestral Call as my single target skill and using Herald of Purity, Holy Relic and Grace for added dmg/mana regen.
Still lvling atm but definitely a strong build overall and should be moreso once i get more uniques to suit the build (playing SSF).
Any suggestions what uniques would be ideal or BiS??
Thx
Last edited by Exhordium_Diabolus on Mar 25, 2019, 4:24:04 AM
"
Hi there,
Just wanted to say I'm REALLY enjoying playing Templar this league with this build.
I've made a couple of changes to suit my playstyle...notably using Smite/Iron Will/Increased Lightning Dmg/Ancestral Call as my single target skill and using Herald of Purity, Holy Relic and Grace for added dmg/mana regen.
Still lvling atm but definitely a strong build overall and should be moreso once i get more uniques to suit the build (playing SSF).
Any suggestions what uniques would be ideal or BiS??
Thx

Carcass Jack looks pretty strong for this build. your build looks more minion oriented than mine, maybe two Scourge claws? You would need to show me your character so I can really tell yoi whats best.

I wouldn't really use Grace too, you can go for Hatred or Zealotry.
Last edited by UlyUly on Mar 25, 2019, 8:10:29 AM
"
jackbubu wrote:
i would like to throw some ideas in the mix for this build as i have been enjoying it a great deal.

i think the defensive power of energy shield from Armour/ES gear is ignored by this build guide. The 200 flat ES recharge while standing still is very powerfull. With non optimal Hybrid gear im at 800 ES now, thats ontop of 5.3K Life.

With ES in mind i think we can also switch the gem setup around for more damage / defence.

1. debuff utility
Wave of conviction = faster casting = combustion = Arcane Surge

2. Purifiying Flame
Purifiying Flame = added Fire = Spell echo = Energy Shield Leech = Intensify = Controlled Destruction

The more Multiplier from ES Leech is greater then from Combustion and it grands defensive power. We still add the Resistance debuff from combustion on tougher enemies with wave of conviction.

I could be completly wrong however :D

1.) I have played around with taking combustion off of the main skill and putting it onto a debuff skill. I really liked it on Armageddon Brand but it got to be too much keeping up the debuffs on both WoC and AB and still having time to use my damage skill and move from danger when needed, etc. I also liked WoC = Increased Crit = Power Charge on Crit = Combustion. Puts all debuffs on 1 skill you need to cast every 4 or so seconds, though not 100% chance to burn so you can sometimes miss out on combustion buff. Currently I'm playing around with a Cast on damage taken/WoC setup. For this I moved Combustion back onto the main skill as CoDT setup wasn't reliable enough to keep up burning.

After experimenting I'm pretty torn on whether to put combustion on the main skill. It's easier and more reliable but lower Path of Building DPS than some other options so long as you can reliably keep up the combustion burning. Any other options/thoughts on this one out there?

2.) If you search online for "POE blood bag leech schematic" there is a really good image that explains how leech works in POE. Based on that with our high damage and low ES/life pools we don't need a lot of leech. The 0.2% from Heart of Fire is plenty for me and I run the EB/MoM variant. Also since I don't need mana I don't use an otherwise crappy Warlord's Mark ring for leech. I get 0.4% leech from my neck which seems like enough so far. I think it should be closer to 0.5-0.6% based on my life pool/DPS so I might look to add a leech ring in the future.

I'd used Elemental Focus on the main skill instead of Energy Leech if you are linking Combustion to WoC. You loose the burning for Purifying Flame but you don't need PF to burn to keep up the combustion debuff in that case.
Last edited by rbm120 on Mar 25, 2019, 8:52:22 AM
"
rbm120 wrote:

1.) I have played around with taking combustion off of the main skill and putting it onto a debuff skill. I really liked it on Armageddon Brand but it got to be too much keeping up the debuffs on both WoC and AB and still having time to use my damage skill and move from danger when needed, etc. I also liked WoC = Increased Crit = Power Charge on Crit = Combustion. Puts all debuffs on 1 skill you need to cast every 4 or so seconds, though not 100% chance to burn so you can sometimes miss out on combustion buff. Currently I'm playing around with a Cast on damage taken/WoC setup. For this I moved Combustion back onto the main skill as CoDT setup wasn't reliable enough to keep up burning.

After experimenting I'm pretty torn on whether to put combustion on the main skill. It's easier and more reliable but lower Path of Building DPS than some other options so long as you can reliably keep up the combustion burning. Any other options/thoughts on this one out there?

2.) If you search online for "POE blood bag leech schematic" there is a really good image that explains how leech works in POE. Based on that with our high damage and low ES/life pools we don't need a lot of leech. The 0.2% from Heart of Fire is plenty for me and I run the EB/MoM variant. Also since I don't need mana I don't use an otherwise crappy Warlord's Mark ring for leech. I get 0.4% leech from my neck which seems like enough so far. I think it should be closer to 0.5-0.6% based on my life pool/DPS so I might look to add a leech ring in the future.

I'd used Elemental Focus on the main skill instead of Energy Leech if you are linking Combustion to WoC. You loose the burning for Purifying Flame but you don't need PF to burn to keep up the combustion debuff in that case.

The problem with leech in PoE is that you need a lot of hits to properly leech back. If you have it from other sources, it's great. EB/MoM variant doesn't really need the Warlord's Mark anymore (Cerberus Limb and Heart of Fire are sufficient). It's a leftover I accidentaly forgot about, gonna change it soon. Viable choices instead of that would be an Assassin's Mark on hit ring or Circle of Guild (really good!).

About the first point, I just like my build to be more reliable. I dont think linking that many damage buffs to other skills will feel good as the dps is already over the top (0.60 sec Cursed King kill in t15). It is a viable choice if you want to pump the numbers even higher
How do I stop getting absolutely 1 shot by bosses T14/15+?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rhilis/characters?characterName=Rhilsynth
"
Rhilis wrote:
How do I stop getting absolutely 1 shot by bosses T14/15+?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rhilis/characters?characterName=Rhilsynth

You need to make your account public so I can see the characters :/
I've given up on getting a red with 5 blues in my carcass jack, 6B now. What 6th blue gem should I put in?
IGN KarbietSchieter
Hey Uly! First of all thank you for making this guide.
Up until 14-15 maps everything went fine and then clearing the maps is still fine, I always check my maps and reroll them so it's the most optimal for the build. However killing bosses is a 50-50. I feel like we're glass cannoning pretty hard. I just stopped killing bosses on my 14-15 maps entirely it's just not worth getting one shot and lose the xp progress. Sitting on 91 since a week and learned it the hard way. Working on shaper is also a challenge, tried Chimera 3 times so far and failed all of them. My best attempt was somewhere around 30%. Delving around 176 without any problems so far. I also tried both your exact build and Krovah's build without the holy flame totem nonsense. Feels like i'm stuck now and bashing my head against a wall. I'd really like to know your view on things I said and maybe a gearcheck. I have around 4Ex spare for weapon upgrade but i'm not sure increasing the damage help with the thing that Chimera is always on your back and 2shots you. I welcome any tips and thanks for taking the time checking me out! <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info