Clarity

My witch has around 570 mana without auras, with clarity and discipline, i lose 385 of that, leaving me on measly 170 max mana to cast spells with?

The trick? I regen mana at ~80/s and can almost permaspam this:
Unavailable
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Clarity turns you from a burst-caster to a sustain-caster on pretty much any build except for Eldritch Battery (where it turns you into a mana engine at peak output).

I also enjoy how the skill is used at different levels based on how much mana you need to leave unreserved, or if you plan to combine it with any other aura (such as Discipline or Grace).

Lastly, it's pretty much perfect for linking with BloodMagic support for on-low-life builds.
Yep, this skill is so good I will actually drop a few mana regen passives and use them for something better. There is no way I can drain my mana even spamming raize zombie continuously with firestorm and rapid fireball !
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)
I don't know if it's just this aura or all auras in general, but when you level the gem up, the aura you still have on you is still the "old version", and you'll have to turn it off/on again to refresh it.

Perhaps it can be made that whenever you level up an aura gem, that it'll automatically refresh it? esp. since a check is already done on the level up UI panel to see if you can actually use the skill or not already.
"
MiniSylie wrote:
I don't know if it's just this aura or all auras in general, but when you level the gem up, the aura you still have on you is still the "old version", and you'll have to turn it off/on again to refresh it.

Perhaps it can be made that whenever you level up an aura gem, that it'll automatically refresh it? esp. since a check is already done on the level up UI panel to see if you can actually use the skill or not already.
With percent auras that would be nice. But with integer reservation auras, you could end up having insufficient mana use it after level up.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
I use this on my marauder (level 6 skill), and it works splendid!
From my gear I have 13% increased mana recovery rate, and this gives 7.7 per second.

So, I can use Double Strike (with life on hit gem) infinitely, and when I have gathered some corpses, a nice Detonation cleans out the lot of them.

This is definitly my favourite gem, I made/had a heavily manadependant shadow,I had to slurp so many mana flasks it was just meh, then I found this beuty & realised its potential so I stuck with it.

Now I have infinite mana & can spam all my skills :D

The only complaint I have about this gem/aura, is that you lose the aura each time you load into a new area. Which results in not having enough mana to instantly recast it for me(since the manapool does not get replenished.). If there are mobs in the beginning of the new area or if you just forget it leads to annoying situations. Would appreciate if a dev could give it a look/explain if it's intended or not :) It's 01.35 am here so im gonna sleep and read the whole thread tomorrow, nn!
"
Syyynd wrote:
The only complaint I have about this gem/aura, is that you lose the aura each time you load into a new area. Which results in not having enough mana to instantly recast it for me(since the manapool does not get replenished.). If there are mobs in the beginning of the new area or if you just forget it leads to annoying situations. Would appreciate if a dev could give it a look/explain if it's intended or not :) It's 01.35 am here so im gonna sleep and read the whole thread tomorrow, nn!

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) they will allow auras/minions/charges to stay with you as you move from area to area in the future, which will be awesome!
"
Syyynd wrote:
This is definitly my favourite gem, I made/had a heavily manadependant shadow,I had to slurp so many mana flasks it was just meh, then I found this beuty & realised its potential so I stuck with it.

Now I have infinite mana & can spam all my skills :D

I always turn off auras manually before entering new zones so mana can regenerate and I can turn them on instantly.

BTW, am I right that mana regeneration bonuses go into effect after bonus from this aura? So if I have 100% bonus mana regeneration and this aura gives me 5 mana per second it actually gives me 10 mana per second?

Last edited by Torin on Aug 6, 2012, 7:50:10 AM
"
Torin wrote:
BTW, am I right that mana regeneration bonuses go into effect after bonus from this aura? So if I have 100% bonus mana regeneration and this aura gives me 5 mana per second it actually gives me 10 mana per second?

Yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info