Clarity

I just got a clarity gem on my shadow and intended to leave it at level 1.

Unfortunately I accidentally clicked to level it several times, and it quickly became unusable with my more important auras (purity, discipline and / wrath).

The mana reserved cost increase is far too steep for these gems, and if its going to stay like this then there ought to be a way to lock those gems at level 1, or to undo any level Ups if you need to reduce the upkeep cost.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Sell a Gem with an Orb of Scouring to reduce the gem level by 1.
Alternatively, make a new Witch and have a friend kill Brutus for you. That gets you a lv1 Clarity and takes two minutes.

The best strategy is to pay attention of course.
I really wont be able to pay that much attention to not level a gem up. I tried but eventually I forget.

I just got a new clarity gem from Caged Brute mericiless on my Shadow, I wont be using it now though.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Feb 15, 2013, 11:32:13 AM
The mana reserved to this skill is insane! I literally have 80 mana left to use all my other skills (that cost 20 each hit) with 400 mana! Even 2 damage auras don't reserve as much energy as this skill. It is necessary (at least for now) for my shadow lv 40. The worst is that even with the extra mana regen many times I get out of mana. I hit way too fast to the mana regen and it left me with too littlt mana. Please lower the ammounts of mana reserved. 20 Mana reserved for each lv is ridiculous!
"
bhavv wrote:
I really wont be able to pay that much attention to not level a gem up. I tried but eventually I forget.

I just got a new clarity gem from Caged Brute mericiless on my Shadow, I wont be using it now though.

If you right click a gem level up thingie, it disapears so you don't misclick it again. It does pop back again when you relog though.
"
PyrosEien wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:

If you right click a gem level up thingie, it disapears so you don't misclick it again. It does pop back again when you relog though.

Thats the problem I did right click on it to get rid of it. Then the next day on my log in, 'Oooooh, gem level up, CLICK' ... OH FUUUUUUUUUUU It was clarity and now I cant use it :(

- PoE TOS.
Mana reserved should be lowered 1-8. 8-20 should have better regen.
The mana reserved here is fine. If it was a %reserved, low mana pool builds would make it unbalanced. On my physical melee shadow I have 76int @ lvl 49 and have just under a 600mana pool. Granted I don't use clarity but its comparable to how much mana Hatred reserves at this lvl and if I needed the 13mana/sec I would take it.

Aura's as they are made and guessing intended, are a pick and choose. Most builds will have to take only the 1 or 2+ they must have to make each build work. I find at some levels I would love to carry a 2nd or 3rd aura but my mana pool suffers and then I have a choice to make.

I always appreciate a caster with Clarity running because most builds use mana, my grace or hatred aura on the other hand might not make a difference to all the ranged or caster builds. Everybody can't be a one trick pony.
Most of my characters use Clarity at some stage in their lives, especially in the early game when mana leech hasn't yet got up to speed. You just have to be sensible about leveling it.
I find clarity only useful at low levels. Once you get into the 30's+ you gain access to either mana leech, blood magic or other ways to keep your mana up. The regen amount should scale higher with gem level. There is no real point for high level builds to take this gem to level 20.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info