Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Fracture333 wrote:
the damage of syndicate members are still not nerfed furhter? then i got a question, if you dont interact with jun in act 9, do syndicate member never spawn, or do they?

That is a great question. I really do not want intervention ganks to be part of the core game.

+1

No mentions of further balancing of the ridiculous betrayal encounters? Something is wrong when the betrayal members are 10x as hard as Shaper.
For all of the people still complaining about the difficulty of betrayal encounters what exactly do you want, We already have humanoid characters that die in 1 hit and drop loot that no one notices there called rogue exiles this was GGG attempt at a modern day rogue exile where they were dangerous when you found them. The game has a lot of power creep and if there going to fix it, either that will be in massive nerfs or in introducing harder encounters and for those comparing them to bosses people whined and complained last time they tried to make all bosses harder across the board.

I don't want to play a mindless clear speed meta like it was back when vaal spark was all everyone did (though I never played it because... why). If things like betrayal smash those builds and force a little more balance into people's builds that is a good thing.
everything was going good while reading that until I saw the nerf to sulphite scarabs. so syndicate is already less accessible, but you still felt the need to nerf sulphite scarabs? I guess you really want us playing the new league mechanic instead of pushing delve. hopefully it's good enough.
also like others have said, hopefully the syndicate isn't still broken and you need to run 10k ES/8k life builds just to not die to their attacks that you can't even see coming due to so much screen clutter. you've created this game all about plowing through mobs while mapping and then add in something harder than the map boss that forces you to kite around for a solid 30 seconds unless you play some meta build. people complained about incursion killing build diversity, but isn't this doing that?
Last edited by jrv209 on Feb 21, 2019, 7:18:05 PM
"
Fluffylife wrote:
I think betrayal is one league i would have been happy with not going core..

Include me on that list as well.
Please, please do something about veiled items. Having to unveil the same useless junk over, and over, and over again just to get the crafts I need is beyond tedious.
how are so many people still dying to syndicate members

they were already heavily nerfed and you kids are still crying LMFAO
"
Dreschau wrote:
"
Fluffylife wrote:
I think betrayal is one league i would have been happy with not going core..

Include me on that list as well.

+1
"
Qarl wrote:
Some players have noted that some game lore has been lost from the game with the removal of the old master conversation options. We will be looking at places to re-include important elements of this information in future content.

I don't understand. Back when shaper was introduced, you nuked Zana's lore from orbit. Her dad used to be some kind of ship captain, and the research into maps was originally her own academic curiosity, rather than following her father's research to search for him. Why care about changing other lore?
Last edited by codetaku on Feb 21, 2019, 7:19:39 PM
Nerfing the Breachstones was to be expected; since reaching level 100 was one of the challenges they wanted to make it easier; but I didn't expect this severe of an nerf. The only ones worth running anymore will be Chayula's since they're 200% and they're going to be ridiculously expensive in 3.6.0.

The syndicate rewards just aren't going to very appealing. The reduction in scarab effectiveness caught me off-guard. Should be interesting to see how this effects gameplay for the next league.

The point is; syndicate encounters will no longer be profitable; as the incentive is significantly decreased. Hopefully this synthesis league will be able to fill in the void. Looks like we'll just have to stick to Delve farming....

"
Qarl wrote:

A number of changes are being made to the Mastermind encounter, predominantly making the fight easier. Completing the fight no longer resets your entire Syndicate, but reshuffles the organisation and removes one rank from each member.

DO I GET CREDIT FOR THIS ? SAID IT HERE FIRST !!!

"
mrwizeguy wrote:
well... there is a lot to discuss ...

for start fact is that the mastermind is a)not worth the time
b)the syndicate reset is a bit harsh (could just lower 1 rank all members and maybe scuffle them)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2324687/page/10#p16216656
Last edited by mrwizeguy on Feb 21, 2019, 7:26:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info