Voice Acting in Path of Exile

Some of the voice work in PoE is excellent - in particular the guy who 'channeled David Attenborough" for Maligaro's lore pieces

At the opposite end - the guy who did Sin's voice when he takes the souls of the bosses sounds he gave not one single shit about the job - it sounds like Google Translate's voice thing!

Some of the Immortal Syndicate stuff isn't so great either - the guy in the mask sounds like his head is inside a bucket for some reason - who through that was a good idea?

There's also the issue of repetition and - as someone has said - the fact that some vocal lines are lost in the fights - too much, too cluttered - needed some work to smooth it out (that's actually a good description for 3.5 as a whole I think!!)

The way PoE has developed means that voicework has been layered on and it's mostly been subtle and the end result is good but the 3.5 work is - well - a bit all-over-the-place tbh

p.s. I can't forget the voice of Lady Dialla also deserves a HUZZAH!
Last edited by ohnpeat on Feb 12, 2019, 7:49:01 PM
"
mucker wrote:
Navali is probably the worst, just blabbing on and on saying the longest and corniest things, often at very insignifigant moments due to the nature of prophecy, made even worse by the purple box popping up on screen. So unpleasant, a lot of players have a Pavlovian response to her voice to hit the space bar.

so true! i mute her every time
My favourite of the new character voices is It That Fled. Legendary!
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
It would be super fun to voice act for Path of Exile!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
I wonder if they are letting people voice chat that live out of New Zealand!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
Last edited by MickeyDankMouse on Feb 12, 2019, 7:54:00 PM
"
widardd wrote:
"
Einhar was always going to have an eastern european accent.

He does not at all sound like someone with an eastern european accent.
All I recognized was his crippled language which I thought fit in a way since he probably lived (lives?) a life similar to tarzan?

Beg to differ. First thing I thought when I encountered Einhar was "hilarious! A Hungarian with dreadlocks!" Both sides of my family are Hungarian, and I lived in Hungary for 10 years, so I ain't just pulling that out of my arse either.
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
What happened to the old Nessa and Bestel voices? As in back in the closed beta days....
Oh, and best voice currently in the game is EASILY Utula. Smooth AF.
Was the same actor who voiced Piety used for Aisling Laffrey?

very interesting, the voice acting in betrayal was def one of my favorite parts
drenched 👌
-----
blue blade flurry mtx plssss
also crystal earth shatter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info