[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

After first going for a storm burst trickster, comming from a necromancer, I've tried to rebuild to storm brand.

My conclussion can only be that it is totally not viable.. That seems to go for any elemental caster. Meta's seem to all massively resist elemental and chaos damage... Hammering away at meta's for 20 minutes not making a dent.

Curses seem to have zero effect on meta's (elemental weakness, conductivity, whatever).

Tried different gear, different tree (I know originaly it is build around an inquisitor but trickster should work as well).

It seems that in metamorph the only viable builds revolve around phys damage builds and incredibly tanky builds (which are only a few).

Almost everything else feels way too squishy and just basically very, very underwhelming.

Since normal map rewards are hardly rewarding, the only way to get anything is killing meta's. Which is virtually impossible at a decent speed.

Even throwing 30 ex at it won't do it.. not that many people with normal lives will ever get 30 ex.
Last edited by Zweetsok on Feb 29, 2020, 4:11:11 AM
"
Zweetsok wrote:

My conclussion can only be that it is totally not viable.. That seems to go for any elemental caster. Meta's seem to all massively resist elemental and chaos damage... Hammering away at meta's for 20 minutes not making a dent.

Curses seem to have zero effect on meta's (elemental weakness, conductivity, whatever).

Tried different gear, different tree (I know originaly it is build around an inquisitor but trickster should work as well).

I am not sure how 'viable' the build is, since I don't really know what meta is and how well it does(Left this in to highlight my stupidity, see EDIT2), but it seems to me that if your problem is with the elemental resist of the enemies than going Trickster might be the problem.

The reason to go Inquisitor is that crits ignore resistances. I melt metas in seconds.

I didn't have much problem with anything really and I have spend way less than 30ex.

EDIT: Actually after thinking about it a bit more, I am not sure but I might have spend 30ex... but a lot of that was on the awakened gems that don't make much difference in my dmg.

EDIT2: I just got that meta is short for metamorphesis and not meta...
Last edited by ecky3000 on Mar 1, 2020, 3:30:10 AM
Yeah the passives that make it ignore enemies elemental resistance definitely helps the templar.

Although this should also be somewhat achieved by throwing a curse and a frostbomb at an enemy. But it doesn't seem to affect metamorphs.

Tried respeccing ascendancy to assasin for the crit but somewhat same result.

Whether the fact that curses and such seem to be highly ineffective against bosses or especially meta's is either a bug or they have 300% resists.

I'll maybe try again next league.
Hi, I'm thinking of starting the next league with this build, can it do all content easily on a budget?
Also how is the clear with something like an inpulsa?
I have question to someone who is doing endgame with this build, is it Uber Atziri viable ? Becouse one of my old inquisitor builds had problem even with that realy small reflect from her (Was killing myself with every divine ire shot but in same time was making atziri go to next phase) and i usualy have time to make 2 maybe 3 builds per league so i prefer builds that can do all content without bigger problems.
This build is not viable anymore for metamorph. Low damage, squishy af, what's the point of this build?
"
This build is not viable anymore for metamorph. Low damage, squishy af, what's the point of this build?

Disagree. I did fine... No problem with metamorphs and I did UberElder on my first try (not deathless though).

Have you tried changing some items/support gems to get a bit more damage? I was struggling until I bought % of lightning as chaos dmg daggers and just trying out different support gems almost doubled my dmg late game.
"
ecky3000 wrote:
"

Disagree. I did fine... No problem with metamorphs and I did UberElder on my first try (not deathless though).

Have you tried changing some items/support gems to get a bit more damage? I was struggling until I bought % of lightning as chaos dmg daggers and just trying out different support gems almost doubled my dmg late game.

Maybe I'm a noob, but I feel like there is not enough HP adn get instashot everytime.
Playing brands you dont have stand near brands you can move all the time. I now no body like moving often.
Just wanted to say I loved playing this build in 3.9. This was my first PoE character (disregarding a <1 hour attempt I quickly abandoned a couple years back). After reading a bit about the trade system, I ended up playing it completely SSF. I wasn't able to get very deep into maps due to time restrictions and the desire to fully clear everything in the story (since this was my first time through); ended up in tier 7 maps at Awakening level 1. I'm sure my character would have annoyed people used to speed clearing maps, but I found it to be very fun and hadn't yet found anything besides elemental reflect areas that I felt I just couldn't do. Thanks for the build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info