So I bought Monster Hunter World

What you describe as clunky is what actually gives depth to the game. Each weapon has weight behind it so you can't just mindlessly mash buttons. And when you get the timing right you feel like an absolute god.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Destructodave wrote:
I didn't start the insulting. Charan and I_No came in here with their condescending, pretentious attitudes as usual and started insulting me first.

You kinda deserved it though.

MHW is very much one of those love it or hate it games. It wasn't for you. Move on.

I personally got like 600hrs in the game since it dropped on PC.

Because it's the only thing that's worth playing right now. Literally nothing else out that interests me.

MHW has a very steep learning curve. When I had around 200hrs in the game, I said to myself, I've never played a game for 200hrs and sucked this bad. I still had some legitimate I = Mad moments. I didn't start getting really consistent until about 400hrs in.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 14, 2019, 8:08:53 PM
200 hours and still learning :O

Maybe the bow is much easier or something but it didn't take me long at all. This was my first MH game
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
MHW is mechanically harder to play than PoE is.

Also, he fucked up pretty bad if he tried to use ranged first. Ranged is more gear dependent. It's the equivalent of trying to run some meta build in PoE without having the required equipment to get the #s you're looking for. And then whining about it being shit.

Also, ammo is expensive when you first start the game. Not only that, but you need to keep components stocked, and have a radial menu setup to craft more ammo on the fly when you run out of your primary ammunition, etc. Bows have close range phial, which is unlimited, and that makes it better than bowguns to start. You only get unlimited normal 1, and normal 1 is shit.

Weapons like Lance, Greatsword, Charge Blade, Long Sword, Hammer can do their damage without needing elemental, and you can run straight to end game with a single loadout. I think they're more efficient than ranged, pre-end game. If you're looking at it from a PoE perspective, then you want to get to mapping ASAP, while spending as little currency as possible on the way.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 14, 2019, 9:35:33 PM
Are bows supposed to be hard? :O I really haven't played anything else
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
Are bows supposed to be hard? :O I really haven't played anything else

Easy to use, hard to master.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info