So I bought Monster Hunter World

And then refunded it about 1.5 hours in. That game is terrible.

I honestly thought I was basically buying a Dinosaur version of Warframe, which would have made me happy.

How is that game in discussion for game of the year? The combat is clunky and awful, the entire inventory system just gives me PTSD of Korean MMO's, and it just felt like a bad console port. Just felt like a on the rails console game I cant describe it. Controlled like one too, even with a mouse and keyboard.

Maybe I had too high of expectations, but after playing something so smooth to play like Warframe, going into Monster hunter and whacking around on dirt or basically doing anything, it felt like I was stuck in molasses.

I know I"m like a year late on it, but I'm always hesitant to buy newer games. But in my boredom I decided heck with it and bought it since it was on sale.

It really makes me appreciate how much work the Warframe creators have done. Especially since that gmae started as a console game, too. But it doenst feel like one.

Man console gamers just have low standards for gaming I guess.
Last bumped on Feb 14, 2019, 11:46:41 PM
LOL comparing WARFRAME to fucking MHW HAHA holy shit did you not see any gameplay?

Two different genre's

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 9, 2019, 3:33:47 AM
How the hell are they different? They are looter shooters. You find shit, you craft more shit to use.

I mean you can shoot in the game, and it feels terrible. Just like you can melee in Warframe, and it feels better than MHW. I mean like 4 of the weapons are ranged in MHW and plays just like Warframe. Hell, it even LOOKS like warframe at that point.

Please explain to me how they are so different. Warframe: You kill shit, you get crafting mats, you craft new shit to kill more shit. MHW: You kill shit, you get crafting mats, you craft new shit to kill more shit.

Literally the only real difference, is in one you kill hoardes of enemies, and in the other you kill one big enemy. Outside of that, they have the same principles in both games.

Last edited by Destructodave on Feb 9, 2019, 3:53:17 AM
Oh I'm sorry I guess this sub-forum is only for Non-Americans to complain about Trump, and not somewhere to come discuss any other topic, like actual games.

My bad.

I mean its not like you cant google a search and people constantly compare the 2 games. Unrealistic expectations is reaching since thats a question routinely asked around the net when it comes to playing either game; much like Destiny, and even the new Anthem.

Try it. Try googling something besides Trump, and then maybe you would see "expectations."

And yes I'm knocking console games. Halo was a 2nd class FPS game, literally out when games like Half Life existed, and lauded as some kind of FPS godsend when it would have failed completely on the PC.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
...Did you just attempt to derail your own thread? God, you did.

All yours, I_NO. Have fun.

No I stated the truth. Its a thread that would have a max of 6 posts. Who gives a shit. Its just something I made while I'm watching a friend play Magic.

She's not coming back. She has more D3 troll posts to make.

Yes, I think the game was awful. And its in large part to how Console-y it is. Its just like Halo to me. Its something lauded as so great, and then I play it expecting something like Half life, and I get Halo.

The only console games I ever find worth playing are sports titles and fighting games. All other games, like Call of Duty, Halo, or any of these RPG-type games, end up being games I just couldn't see succeeding if they came out on a different platform.

Edit: I dont care about a forbes article. I care about other game players and their opinions. Actual game players not articles, blogs, or reviews. And its a question I see on reddit/game forums/other places. And I think you and I_NO started the hostility with your typical talking down to/condescending attitudes. So yes, I responded in kind.

And its my review of the game. Thats why I made the thread. People make D3 hate threads all the time. I dont call them morons, idiots, clueless, or what did you call me? "Doofus?" for their review of D3. But I forget how this place is. Its clunky, it wasn't fun, and maybe my post saves a guy 40 bucks who was thinking of buying it on Steam.
Last edited by Destructodave on Feb 9, 2019, 4:25:56 AM

"
鬼殺し wrote:
...Did you just attempt to derail your own thread, multiple times? God, you did.

I clearly googled for you, else I wouldn't have found that fucking link to a forbes article.

If you want to whinge about console gamers, fine. At least be honest in your topic title instead of click-baiting with your Monster Hunter World experience.

You're being unreasonable, unpleasant and needlessly hostile, even after I went to all that effort to reply and find you some relevant reading material. Life's too short to deal with people like you. Take your refund and walk away already.

Man not worth my time LOL two complete different games and he didn't even bother to look it gameplay videos obviously from what hes writing HAHA

That to me scream Naive and Foolishness.

Next thing you know hes going to compare ESO to Warframe LOL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 9, 2019, 4:34:24 AM
"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
...Did you just attempt to derail your own thread, multiple times? God, you did.

I clearly googled for you, else I wouldn't have found that fucking link to a forbes article.

If you want to whinge about console gamers, fine. At least be honest in your topic title instead of click-baiting with your Monster Hunter World experience.

You're being unreasonable, unpleasant and needlessly hostile, even after I went to all that effort to reply and find you some relevant reading material. Life's too short to deal with people like you. Take your refund and walk away already.

Man not worth my time LOL two complete different games and he didn't even bother to look it gameplay videos obviously from what hes writing HAHA

That to me scream Naive and Foolishness.

Next thing you know hes going to compare ESO to Warframe LOL

You are telling me, if you see a gameplay video of MHW using a bow. And then you see Warframe using a bow. You telling me you can completely decipher those games from each other? You telling me watching a gameplay video looks different?

I mean I've listed listed actual similarities in this thread, and all you have done is flame me and tell me how different they are, without listing a single reason as to why they are different.

They are both cooperative games. They are both grindy games. They are both games where you kill stuff for crafting mats, to craft more stuff, to kill more stuff. They even look similar in various settings, with one just looking slightly slower. I could keep listing similarities all day, and you havent listed a single damn reason as to why they are so vastly different besides just flaming me and telling me they are.

So instead of just flaming me, and making your condescending posts about how stupid I am, how about giving me some actual discourse and debate here and tell me the reasons why I'm wrong instead of flaming me. Or can you?
Last edited by Destructodave on Feb 9, 2019, 4:46:51 AM
"
Destructodave wrote:

I honestly thought I was basically buying a Dinosaur version of Warframe

A dinosaur version of Warframe sounds real cool. Watch out! An executive from EA might stumble across this thread and steal your idea lol.
Last edited by coatofarms on Feb 9, 2019, 4:52:45 AM
"
coatofarms wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:

I honestly thought I was basically buying a Dinosaur version of Warframe

A dinosaur version of Warframe sounds real cool. Watch out! An executive from EA might stumble across this thread and steal your idea lol.

To me, thats what it looked like, and honestly even what it played like in my limited 2 hour time span. I just thought it was way too clunky to enjoy. Maybe if I bought a controller it would have been less clunky, but I doubt it because I'm pretty sure that's a game design decision.

I mean even my buddy who was watching me play it over discord, since I was trying to con him into buying it so we could play, just flat out said he wont play it cause its just too clunky from watching. And I had felt that way, but you know more people can make the world go round, thats why so many still play WoW.

But I get a genre card thrown at me like I said the earth was flat, by someone who routinely makes about 9000 posts about how D3 isn't a real RPG. The hypocrisy in that.
I'm happy for you that you were able to return the game. I don't know anything about MH. I decided the game wasn't for me too. But it's cool to learn MH has an ethical return policy unlike scumbag 76.
Last edited by coatofarms on Feb 9, 2019, 5:18:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info