So I bought Monster Hunter World

"
coatofarms wrote:
I'm happy for you that you were able to return the game. I don't know anything about MH. I decided the game wasn't for me too. But it's cool to learn MH has an ethical return policy unlike scumbag 76.

Steam does. You can return any game you buy within 2 hours of playtime. And thats just the automatic approval. Its just automatically approved under 2 hours of playtime.

I've never used it before; I usually keep the games I buy. But I knew I wasnt gonna play it and I saw 117 minutes, so I figured, might as well get a refund.
I've seen few hours of streaming worth of monster hunter latest release.

It reminds me more of a drawn out co-op dark souls 3 with added grind for crafting than it reminds me of warframe.

I understand that you meant that essence behind gameplay is the same, to grind for power but in different way.

If i had to put my views in a most simple way, I also dislike the game.

But it is relatively hard to find a game where you don't grind for something. There is tons of game with the same lets call it "essence". Play to get stronger, it may be looting/crafting/farming or whatever, but essence of those game is to get a feeling of progress.

So I understand why some don't allow to compare relatively different games, even though their essence is the same.

We could also compare poe and warframe too. There would be people that would allow it and some that wouldn't allow it. But it all depends on how one person is competent at presenting and connecting facts that it would be successful or not. (elder scrolls speechcraft skill basically)

I find it better maybe to make a megathread where we can bash games that we disliked? Or present reviews of games. Since everyone has differing opinions. One game warranting a single thread for it is anyway destined to die, unless we broaden the scope of subject. This is offtopic anyway.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Feb 9, 2019, 6:49:53 AM
"
Necromael wrote:

I find it better maybe to make a megathread where we can bash games that we disliked? Or present reviews of games. Since everyone has differing opinions. One game warranting a single thread for it is anyway destined to die, unless we broaden the scope of subject. This is offtopic anyway.

This thread is it now?

I like the idea of salvaging this thread

The worlds sexiest greyhound at a furry convention

Setting the bar high, fellas.
~~~mains de jazz orange~~~

I played (and still play) MHW and honestly can't understand how you'd come to the conclusion that it would be anywhere near similar to warframe (which I tried playing for a couple hours, but just wasn't for me).

In MHW, out of 14 weapon types, only 3 are ranged. Jow would you come to the conclusion that it's a type of shooter?

About it feeling slower than warframe... no shit sherlock. Warframe has one of the most ridiculously fast paces in gameplay I've ever seen, second only to tribes:ascend (3rd person shooter with jetpacks n stuff. In ctf you're considered slow if you grab a flag at anything below 200 mph).
Warframe is also much more akin to borderlands from my experience, mowing down wave after wave of generic grunts with one or two stronger ones sitting somewhere at the end of all of that. On the other hand, monster hunter is about tracking and bringing down pretty large to fucking huge beasts that tend to hit just as hard as they are big. Of course it takes time killing a damn dragon with a [insert weapon of choice here].

The way the two handle combat is also entirely different. MHW has no classes or abilities. Everything you can do is due to your weapon or an item. There are no abilities or magic or whatever, just loads and loads of different combos, each weapon type with their unique moveset.
The only thing I agree is that combat feels awful with mouse and keyboard... because it was made for controllers. Would you play a shooter on a console if you could play it on PC? No. Because aiming a gun with a controller SUCKS.

TL;DR: Properly inform yourself about the games you buy. Simply taking a look at screenshots does not count as "properly informing oneself". The games are fundamentally different and their gameplay is nowhere near being similar besides "kill things, get loot" which is true for any kind of RPG or shooter. The mistake is on you this time. Deal with it.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
He really did compare it to warframe LOL it's amazing.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
TIL that people are comparing MH to Warframe. What the fuck?

I've yet to play MHW. I spent like 120 hours on MH4 (my hands still cramp thinking about it, the 3DS is built for kids...) so I was kinda burned out. I tried the beta on the PS4 and it was laggy shit so I thought fuck it. Should probably try on PC.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Oops, too many people posted now. No chance of Support quietly deleting the thread for you. Your brazen silliness is now public record on here, forever...

Why would I care enough about some random life-time posters' opinions to have my thread deleted on a subforum with like 10 people posting?

I mean seriously. You guys put way too much stock into your own importance in this world.

So a handful of people who spend way too much time making 40k posts on a niche game subforum thinks my comparison is dumb, I should just beg support of that forum to delete my post out of shame and go cry in a corner?

The pretentiousness in that statement just blows my mind. "Oh no, Charan didn't like my post I better delete it and go cry in a corner!"

My opinion is not some off the wall conclusion. People compare the games all over the net, on reddit, on other game forums, but at this point who cares. The gameplay blowed ass, I got my 40 bucks back, and I stand by my opinion of it, whether a group of pretentious 35k posters who just like being an ass 24/7 on thier little piece of the net believes it or not.

I mean theres no one here. Only 2 posters in this entire thread even talked about the game, Necro and FK, and FCK of course had that typical condescending, flaming attitude that permeates most of the posters here, but he at least made a rebuttal compared to just flaming.

Its my opinion of the game and I'm not gonna delete it because a handful of you think its wrong. That's just ridiculous.
Last edited by Destructodave on Feb 9, 2019, 11:55:21 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
^How to say 'I don't care' with far too many words, thus looking like a hypocrite.

Deleting this thread would be a mercy killing.

Nah, I might even keep bumping it if I feel like it. Who knows, maybe I can finally reach 1k posts after 8 years.

Maybe then I will start feeling that shame I should be feeling for my post.
"
Destructodave wrote:

I honestly thought I was basically buying a Dinosaur version of Warframe, which would have made me happy.

"
Destructodave wrote:

I mean theres no one here...

"
Destructodave wrote:
Nah, I might even keep bumping it if I feel like it. Who knows, maybe I can finally reach 1k posts after 8 years.

Maybe then I will start feeling that shame I should be feeling for my post.

Hopefully you laugh and quit spazzing out and insulting the denizens around here, mate. People have come back from worse. I think Dinosaur Warframe sounds cool. You... well, I guess these guys are a bit intimidating.

I_NO literally is a dinosaur, when she's not being a walrus or an assassin.

I didn't start the insulting. Charan and I_No came in here with their condescending, pretentious attitudes as usual and started insulting me first.

I gave my opinion about a game to get a typical I_No 12 year old girl texting on her phone response, and then called a doofus and belittled by Charan. Not once did either one of them post much of anything about the game in question.

And I asked to tell me the major differences. Because I did play the actual game for 2 hours, and I'm starting to believe I'm the only one that has played both games at this point.

It still felt like playing Warframe to me. Just a much clunkier, console, less fun version. Sue me. Thats my opinion after 2 hours of gameplay. It didnt look like a clunky mess, but it damn sure played that way. I guess my opinion, is I was expecting a smooth Warframe-like experience and it damn sure wasn't smooth. I guess its the equivalent of playing clunky turn-rate Dota to compared to the smoothness of League of Legends.

Last edited by Destructodave on Feb 10, 2019, 5:08:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info