Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Betrayal Statistics

The problem with the Mastermind Lair fight is not that it is deadly. It messes up your Syndicate. It takes a ton of work to make them all trust each other or get some rival connections rolling to get more encounters per map. Every Mastermind fignt resets the whole table and you start from 0. It is easier to just skip the fight to farm the syndicate than just spamming it to get more and more mastermind fights. And in addition to that... the drops from her are not that good to justify the loss of a well connected syndicate. Every reset is like saying "Do you want loot? No? Ok do the Mastermind :D"

The fight also takes whoever is in the safehouses at the actual level. So they are most likely level 1 or at max 2. Why aren´t they 3 when you face her? She literally empowers them in the fight... or at least she could.

The fight is fun the first on or two times you did it. But after at least the third encounter you get disappointed by the loot you get. And the usual response to content that is disappointing -> you skip it. Turns out you get more rewards if you skip it so you never do the fight again. Like Tarke said it in the last Beaclast: The fight becomes a MasterNEVERmind.
"
The most concerning result for us here is that Masterminds are run less often than we intended. Part of this will be the danger of the encounter, which becomes very clear when we look at the breakdown across various Betrayal league types. We can also see that the Safehouse breakdown is much closer to what is intended in SSF leagues, which may suggest the ability to trade changes what strategy players use.

This clearly demonstrates you guys read 0 feedback on forums! You, GGG and your team is out of touch with the game! You do not read feedback and if you did you would have known that the biggest reason people don't run mastermind lair because it ruins the whole betrayal setup! You guys have no idea how to balance your game, you just keep making new content without actually figuring out WTF you are doing! This makes me give up on providing any sort of feedback for you guys anymore.
Mastermind incentive structure could definitely do some rework. Though it’s a good thing it’s designed that everyone will get to experience it at some point.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Samir316 wrote:
Everyone is going to beat the Mastermind to death (and rightfully so), but I'd like to point out something else.

The breach-like tier'ing of common/uncommon/rare for encounters sucks. It was OK for breach, but having all the good stuff in research and all the scarabs in intervention while transport and fortification are auto-skip unless you need quality on something means we are skipping 50% of the league content.

I think Fortification and Transport needs serious buffs. If you are going to allow game-changing stuff like Jorgin turning things into Talismans, or 200 mil XP on a gem from Tora... then Fortification should do things like guarantee a flat T1 prefix on armour, and Transportation should be as rewarding as a Delve City.

You may say that it would be too rewarding, but with better balance, you'd have less scarabs and pure breachstones.

Fort is lame (only reason to run it is for Cameria who love to ping pong between Fort and transp)
Riker is a solid option(and the only reason I put him as a leader) in Transportation for the chances high tier uniques like Void battery, impulsa, uniques maps, etc
Betrayal just isn't fun, in my opinion. Sad because I really wanted the Master Soulstealer pack, but I can't bring myself to support such lackluster content. Here's hoping the next league is better.
The master mind was a brilliant and really enjoyable fight. I'd put it in my top three fights in poe for me. Aul and uber elder being the other two in my top three. The problem for me was wiping my board. If it wouldn't have been cleared I would have enjoyed doing it every time but the time to get set back up just took to much time for my liking.

As for challenge level I didn't think the mastermind was hard but I was able to kill it my first attempt a few days into the league. It was kind of buggy tho the few kills I had the boss would teleport into a corner with the death field and it was all but impossible to get her out of it without dying because she just kept spawning skeletons.
"
wojnar90 wrote:
Less than 1% challenge group ;))

IKR seemed pretty easy to me this league imo
Mastermind reshuffling your progress is not worth the minimal rewards it gives in softcore, not worth the danger for the rewards in hardcore, and the rewards for a controlled safehouse in SSF are far beyond what you get for the much more difficult Mastermind encounter.

I'm also not a fan of the flickerstriking redneck lynch mob with infinite reinforcements that I can't even run from. In bestiary, I enjoyed an overly strong red beast, because I could run away from it.

In Betrayal, it's kill them or die. And when they are more powerful and dengerous than the bosses in most maps, that seems a bit imbalanced.

Tweak away, GGG. This league could use a bit of it.
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
This clearly demonstrates you guys read 0 feedback on forums! You, GGG and your team is out of touch with the game! You do not read feedback and if you did you would have known that the biggest reason people don't run mastermind lair because it ruins the whole betrayal setup! You guys have no idea how to balance your game, you just keep making new content without actually figuring out WTF you are doing! This makes me give up on providing any sort of feedback for you guys anymore.

A few things to keep in mind. The first month of the leauge most of GGG staff wasn´t working because of holiday season. The league is almost done and we get some news for the next league next week iirc. They are not out of touch... not by a long shot it is just the power and content creep. They now have to balance Incursion, Delve, Betrayal and crafting while also getting done with a new league and maybe some changes to some skills/ascendencies. And if you say "ascendencies are fine" how many berserkers are out there? There are a lot of things to think about and if you ask me... I would like to see something like Harbi or something else that is not that bloated with content to give them some time for another huge league and some balancing. But that is just me
You have way too many sub-groups of players to look at over all averages as being meaningful. You have players who would never even think of attempting the mastermind lumped in with players who would want to run it for the challenge alone.

What this league needed was a different balance. The "wild" encounters should have been much easier. Locking them out shouldn't be the typical reaction to them. The safehouses should be harder. You got this backwards.

The rewards for running lower level areas shouldn't be the same as running higher ones. Thought you would have learned this from the previous leagues where people would run Act 8 instead of maps because it was more efficient. You need to make this a priority in future leagues. It throws off your data too. You think all interactions with the syndicate are equal. They're not.

On the subject of what you should do next: Start alternating new leagues with Legacy leagues. Legacy was great, and you could use it again. Add the new stones. Work on QoL a bit. It would give you time to make your new leagues shine a bit.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Feb 6, 2019, 6:34:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info