[3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

"
MMCShiNi wrote:
Spoiler
Okay I'm seriously considering starting the league with this build. Did a quick run to act 3 with the following setup:

Cleave + MS til lvl 12, use warbanner for single target boost.
OR start ranger as a mule to get bow + shrapnel shot + pierce.

Lvl 12: Swap to RoA with added lightning and maybe keep using chance to bleed. Can't really use onslaught because lack of early damage. Craft a phy bow with the rustic sash recipe.

After getting lvl 16: Get HoI+HoT+HoP to greatly boost your dmg, I feel like HoA is the "worst" herald, what do you think? Start to use after I obtain enlighten lvl 3.

Use live search on Vaal RoA and Storm Cloud, maybe try to snag other leveling uniques depending on drops.

After reaching blood aqueduct, farm tabula cards and/or enough currency to buy it, progress to maps, progress atlas and make currency to buy Shroud and other abyss items.

What do you think about this early leveling tree?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.5.4/AAAABAABAQOWEYEWvyLqJpU1kjsoSshVS1-wYENh4mHrY6dtbG49bqpvnnX9elN7w4LkgwmEb4qvjDaQEZsmm12btaiatUi18sM6ykrPetRC2L3dRud06NbrFPKX

After progress towards Primeval Force, Winter Spirit and other bow nodes, grabbing life nodes when needed.

Doomfletch prophecy should be quite cheap early, should I still use it without Shroud? Thinking yes because we want to utilize added phy abyss jewels.

Glad you're giving it a try. I think you'll be happy with the build.

That tree looks fine. I'd just consider the timing of getting Vaal Pact and the Slayer Ascendancy node at the same time at Cruel Lab. Other than that, just take what works for whatever gear you're leveling with. I might choose to start using Doomfletch Prism and Shroud of Lightless at the same time but try it out and see how it goes. There's just such a great synergy between the 2 items.
I thought about my strategy a bit more and I think I gonna with Storm Cloud + HoI + HoT, replace Hot with Wrath in act 3. This should carry me to maps until I can buy tempest propehcy. Once I gained enough currency to buy Shroud I gonna swap to Doomfletch + Heralds.

Also probably should take Raider in merc lab until I switch to Shroud. Should work fine!
"
MMCShiNi wrote:
I thought about my strategy a bit more and I think I gonna with Storm Cloud + HoI + HoT, replace Hot with Wrath in act 3. This should carry me to maps until I can buy tempest propehcy. Once I gained enough currency to buy Shroud I gonna swap to Doomfletch + Heralds.

Also probably should take Raider in merc lab until I switch to Shroud. Should work fine!

Sounds Good! And yeah, movementspeed while leveling is neato since the damage is usually not thaaat important. :)
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
MMCShiNi wrote:

Sounds Good! And yeah, movementspeed while leveling is neato since the damage is usually not thaaat important. :)

What are your thoughts about the overleech nerfs? Might be not a problem for RoA, but for SA during boss fights. Maybe Slayer not worth it anymore and instead Elemantilst + Raider/Pathfinder?
"
MMCShiNi wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
MMCShiNi wrote:

What are your thoughts about the overleech nerfs? Might be not a problem for RoA, but for SA during boss fights. Maybe Slayer not worth it anymore and instead Elemantilst + Raider/Pathfinder?

5 seconds is still a lot of time but I'll have to test the 5% restored cap and see how it goes. Once the changes are live, I'll test it out. The 5 seconds doesn't really matter much but the 5% may hurt a little.
Last edited by YT_HB on Mar 5, 2019, 2:50:50 PM
Seems to be only 2.5 seconds for Ascendant, but yeah I really like the theme of this build and probably gonna start the league with it (waiting for patch notes like everyone). I think RoA gonna be better now because of the fast hits.
"
MMCShiNi wrote:
Seems to be only 2.5 seconds for Ascendant, but yeah I really like the theme of this build and probably gonna start the league with it (waiting for patch notes like everyone). I think RoA gonna be better now because of the fast hits.

I think the 5 seconds is global but the 10% for slayer and 5% for scion is the difference. At least that's how I read it. Also, if the leech works as if each thorn can proc it's own leech instance then it really shouldn't make a difference. Since multiple thorns can hit the same monster, they all might be able to leech giving them each a 5% cap which might be OK. I'm not sure on how that works though.
Last edited by YT_HB on Mar 5, 2019, 2:56:12 PM
First of, excellent guide! I very briefly played it while selling off a flat-abyss stacking Slayer/Jugg Scion that cost over 200+ ex, and while i did keep the 2S Tomb/Bubonic so it wasn't exactly a budget version, this build was pretty close to the effectiveness of another that cost nearly ten times that, so kudos to that.
Some honorable mentions to how eye-opening this was in regards to Shroud considering i used it in other builds, none of them revealed what i saw in this setup and that's a piece of wisdom i'm going to come back to i suspect.

Currently i'm drawing inspiration from this build for another that i might do in the middle of next league, though it will have almost nothing in common aside from Doomfletch as my current thought process goes to Deadeye/PF TS.
Still i'm curious on your guys opinion on the new shaper chest - the one that grants [Gain 5% Of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage per Shaper Item] in this build.
I recon it's probably impossible to compete with 2S Tombfist with 2 GG jewels when it comes to gloves(though we have to wait and see how much 2S uniques will be given the lack of Abyss mod) but it's honestly not that hard to sneak in a shaper items here or there, maybe even GG abyss socket shaper boots for the rich, those i feel can definitely compete with Bubonic.
Given any thought on the chest? Or am i completely wrong in my speculation that it might compete with Shroud.

Btw i always wondered why Light poacher instead of Hale Negator? From my experience HN was vastly better as dying to small hits while leeching was borderline impossible and HN sort of counters the big hits.
- This is mostly in regards to deep delving, the only thing that can actually hit you hard enough in maps was some nasty map mods T16 Syndicate that you didn't one shot or avoid.
"
MMCShiNi wrote:

Obviously I can't say it for sure - But they do not read that terrible to me.

This nerf feels more like its addressing Slayers in the Mine who stodd in the light - popped all Vaal Abilities/Banners, flasks etc to get insane leech instances and then went exploring the dark for the next half hour or so.

For this build who - with mirage archer even more so then most other builds - basically constantly generates Leech instances having a 5 second overleech is more then enough.

Yes, 5 seconds - I am aware that ScionSlayer is half of what the normal Slayer gets but as far as I understood that it relates to the amount of leech that carries over from a leech instance into overleech. *Thats* at half of what the Slayer gets - the timeframe of the overleech is for both classes the same at 5 seconds.

Otherwise the xy% given make no sense - % translate to uneven crude numbers if applied to seconds (who work on a /60 system compared to the /100 of percentages - and I do not think that GGG wants to make a mess like that. They make complex mechanics, but they tend to be internaly cohesive)
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Mar 5, 2019, 4:20:42 PM
now that the patch note is out, do you think its an improvement for this build or actualy a nerf? the slayer and overall leech is a nerf but scourge arrow now get the *chaos* tag on the skill. there also many change on the tree like the channeling one etc. with a skill tree rework for your build, do you think it might be stronger then before? i will start the league with your build and im curious to know what you think about all those change :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info