[3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
nichenry wrote:
Reading the gem section it seems you use ROA but then looking at the passive tree it seems you use SA. which are you running currently?

Reading the guide you will notice that you can play whatever - the build works with each skill. I think the videosection even shows the t16 elder guardians with RoA and the t16 shaper guardians with SA. (or vice versa)

This is a versatile bow build with which you can basically play whatever bow attack skill you want (as long as its an phys based one).

€dit: Scratch that - even the gem section mentions that you can use a bowskill of your choice. What are you even talking about? Ô.o

Yeah I understand that any skill can be used but the channeling nodes you take in the tree seem to only work for SA right? I was curious which you run personally or do you do either depending on what you're running. Also when I was running RoA i felt i was hitting enemies far away so I took point blank off
"
nichenry wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
nichenry wrote:
Reading the gem section it seems you use ROA but then looking at the passive tree it seems you use SA. which are you running currently?

Reading the guide you will notice that you can play whatever - the build works with each skill. I think the videosection even shows the t16 elder guardians with RoA and the t16 shaper guardians with SA. (or vice versa)

This is a versatile bow build with which you can basically play whatever bow attack skill you want (as long as its an phys based one).

€dit: Scratch that - even the gem section mentions that you can use a bowskill of your choice. What are you even talking about? Ô.o

Yeah I understand that any skill can be used but the channeling nodes you take in the tree seem to only work for SA right? I was curious which you run personally or do you do either depending on what you're running. Also when I was running RoA i felt i was hitting enemies far away so I took point blank off

Yeah, channeling nodes (and infused channeling for that matter) only work for channeling skills.
This build looks interesting so i might try this in 3.8.

Just wandering if anyone had any thoughts on how it performs in blight maps?

Based on Cyrix1337's reply... some nodes will be tailored towards SA (channeling) but ROA or any other physical dmg bow skill can be used.
So yeah I'm pretty much done with the league. Even though my PC is good and I am not playing a crash heavy build like COC or Summoner, I lose a lot of maps. It's pissing me off and I don't want to play anymore because of it.

I'd say I have a decent budget version of this build done which can take down shaper and uber elder. I'm using infused channeling so I can get a bit of dps boost from Elementalist ascendancy(10% dmg from shocks). Still I didn't tick enemy is shocked cuz it adds the full 40%.

Here is my POB https://pastebin.com/ascvEeEt . Cost of gear is around 8ex when I bought it. Probably cheaper by now.
I wonder if dmg is still fine. Abyss jewels phys rolls are basically split in half
"
Ragernor wrote:
I wonder if dmg is still fine. Abyss jewels phys rolls are basically split in half

Pretty sure the phys roll is the same as always:

As you can see if I would devine this jewel the Fire Damage roll would get lower by quite a bit - the new range of the roll due to nerfs in effect.

The phys roll is still in the same range though.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 17, 2019, 4:18:16 AM
Well on your pastebin u have some jewels that have 8-12 phys to bow attacks.
"
Ragernor wrote:

Damage is still good. I just changed my scion over to this build again to check it out with the changes since I last played it. Shaper damage with SA (thorn damage only) is still over 2.75 mil (plus the added Mirage Archer damage) and life is still in the mid-6k range at level 95.

Edit: And that's not taking any of the channelling nodes so it makes swapping out for RoA really easy. It's also not with the Mark of the Elder and second Shaper ring for additional damage.
Last edited by YT_HB on Sep 17, 2019, 5:26:27 PM
"
Ragernor wrote:
Well on your pastebin u have some jewels that have 8-12 phys to bow attacks.

Yeah, I do not play this build every league just to update the pob.

The build got played by many people over the last couple leagues with the nerfs and they all said it performed very well. Most people decide to go less deep into the whole DPS game in favour for more life. The most frequent comment I hear about this build from people who bring it to the endgame is: 'Oh, I threw this out and use this instead since the damage is no issue anyhow.'

That should tell you all you need to know about the dps concerns.

If you don't want to play it, don't. I am not trying to proof anything here.

Cheers and happy playing exile! :)

€dit: Here is a PoB with 'current' jewels:

https://pastebin.com/d1mYpdXn

The DPS increased by 2 Million- obviously you will not get jewels as good as this - but it is more then enough evidence that even today you can take this build *WAY* far.

Here it is with average current phys rolls:

https://pastebin.com/7he2bvZc

The DPS sits still over 5Million + mirage archer.

Testing this out in PoB takes about 2 Minutes. You could have done that and leveled the character in all this time you agonize over this build and if it still works or not. ^^'

Go at it and just play the game! :) Remember to have fun! :P
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 17, 2019, 4:57:58 PM
What you guys think about 2x circle of guilt with Herald of Purity has (70-100)% increased Buff Effect and (40-60)% increased Physical Damage while affected by Herald of Purity ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info