[3.10] 🐉 Dragon's Breath Elementalist - Incinerate

G'day. Playing this build atm, got lucky with 5L Searing Touch and top roll. Damage is crazy, but what about defence? I see there is no Acrot+Phase acro right now. Should we go for block with staff again?
"
streej wrote:
G'day. Playing this build atm, got lucky with 5L Searing Touch and top roll. Damage is crazy, but what about defence? I see there is no Acrot+Phase acro right now. Should we go for block with staff again?

it's still there, just update your pob/ import the new link on main page, since there's a slight change near the shadow area

-My question is, do we still need to add cold damage to spells(jewel) after dropping hypothermia?
Last edited by Paintherapy on Mar 10, 2019, 12:21:12 AM
no more hypothermia? and why?
What do you think of dropping Controlled Destruction for hypothermia, a bit less damage but we get a good chill, chance to freeze along with a more consistent elemental overload. Would love your thoughts, great guide btw!
Last edited by Psyhk on Mar 10, 2019, 3:11:03 AM
"
Think i'm gonna give up on this one. Got to maps, have tabula and i'm not melting everything in one tap channel. Also i'm struggling a lot with survivalbility. Often finding myself getting near one shot.

I took a look at your char. Reasons why you are having problems are these:
1. Uncapped resistances!
your fire res is 51% and lightning res is 50%. Get those to 75%.
2. you need to link Blasphemy-Warlord's mark gems and activate Warlord's aura. It will give you life & mana leech and it will be much easier to play.
3. 6L, take out Arcane surge gem and put in Increased Area of Effect gem while mapping and swap it for bosses for Concentrated Effect gem.
4. Link Arcane Surge-Flame Dash-Orb of Storms

Be sure you are on track with my Path of Building and you shouldn't have any issues.

"
Coltainee wrote:

And off top:
I was so lucky, that on T1 Alleyways Shavs Wraps dropped me. So now with Martyr of Innocence and Kaom's Heart - playstyle is so much smoother.

@TorsteinTheFallen
Thanks for this build. It is really nice league starter !

Im glad you are doing great! Keep rockin' :)

"
Dynastiew wrote:
Thanks for the build, if i understand well we don't play evasion anymore? no acrobatics in the tree?

We do. Be sure you are looking at latest PoB and correct phase of passive tree leveling. I checked and everything is there.

"
ejinieoyeyo wrote:
Do you think it is worth investing some points to pick up the new Singular Focus node?

I think it requires too many points.

"
obonut wrote:
Been playing this build and i got to level 45 ok. Just a question about the link for blasphemy/warlord's mark/vaal righteous fire. How does this work? I have to wait til i get enough souls before it will trigger the warlord's mark curse for leeching?

I seem to be using Life flasks a lot to survive, is there no life leeching before high levels?

Edit: Yeah disregard this, I just had to turn it on, much more enjoyable now haha!

xDD

"
Datura33 wrote:
Hello,

Curious why you refer to the build as a "semi-crit build" but you take EO? I must be missing something.

You are doing crit strikes, that's how you proc Elemental Overload but you don't do crit strike damage multiplier. That's why semi-crit. :)

"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
How can we do in reflect maps? or just leech over it?

Can't play ele reflect maps cause you will kill yourself everytime. Just roll another map. That's one of the downsides.
Later it can be bypassed with Sextants.

"
viperakias wrote:
no more hypothermia? and why?

I wanted to keep Faster Casting gem in 6L and Infused Channeling gives little more damage than Hypothermia and nice defense buff.
Playing without Faster casting has a bad feel because your channeling is considerably slower. Dps numbers are not everything. Also it simplifies the build with 6 blue sockets and no need for mandatory cold damage to spells. Although having any cold damage source will chill enemies because of Beacon of Ruin.

"
Psyhk wrote:
What do you think of dropping Controlled Destruction for hypothermia, a bit less damage but we get a good chill, chance to freeze along with a more consistent elemental overload. Would love your thoughts, great guide btw!

Tnx! :) If you want to do it that way go ahead. Procing EO is not a problem with Orb of Storms. Build is simpler this way. IMO its more optimal for larger player base. Do what you like but keep the Faster Casting in 6L. Experiment a bit if you want. You can always go back.

"
Paintherapy wrote:

-My question is, do we still need to add cold damage to spells(jewel) after dropping hypothermia?

Not necessarily but with any cold damage you will chill enemies and reducing their action speed by 10%.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 10, 2019, 8:55:15 AM
Hi!
Maybe you've explained this but I couldnt see anywhere in your guide. Why do I need to keep the Arcane Surge at lvl 1?
"
KevinKeegan wrote:
Hi!
Maybe you've explained this but I couldnt see anywhere in your guide. Why do I need to keep the Arcane Surge at lvl 1?

Seems it is becouse - the higher lvl of Arcane Surge - the more "used" mana it need to procs. And we want to proc Arcane Surge everytime we use Orb of storm.
If i am wrong, sorry :)
Last edited by Coltainee on Mar 10, 2019, 8:11:30 AM
"
Coltainee wrote:
"
KevinKeegan wrote:
Hi!

Seems it is becouse - the higher lvl of Arcane Surge - the more "used" mana it need to procs. And we want to proc Arcane Surge everytime we use Orb of storm.
If i am wrong, sorry :)

Correct :)
Love this build !!!!!!!!!!
will try right away after i finish my semester exsames.
i was thinking about CI or LL with elementalist or accultist (it seems CI and LL have more defence mecanics) versions
maybe some hybrid stuff befor haveing the corency to full transition to energy shield.
but i can't find the right combination.
of items and skill nodes.
can you help with that ???
Hi Torlein,
Thank you for making this guide its been wonderful for me.
I have a question regarding the ascendency.
why do you take mastermind of discord if you only use herald of fire? isnt paragon of calamity better?
thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info