[3.6] Coc Ice Nova CI Occultist - 10-15k ES - Deathless Uber 4.5+mil dps

"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Decided to finally give this build a try. It's a lot of fun, though I am having trouble sometimes with packs to trigger crits. I typically drop vortex to chill enemies. I do need to get my gems up for sure, but wondering if there's other items i should be using to help out. If I should switch to assassins mark, whether from on hit on a ring, or via blasphemy.

i think blasphemy assasins mark is the way to go unless you are able to craft a balling elder chest
"
weeprab wrote:
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Decided to finally give this build a try. It's a lot of fun, though I am having trouble sometimes with packs to trigger crits. I typically drop vortex to chill enemies. I do need to get my gems up for sure, but wondering if there's other items i should be using to help out. If I should switch to assassins mark, whether from on hit on a ring, or via blasphemy.

i think blasphemy assasins mark is the way to go unless you are able to craft a balling elder chest

Yeah that seems to be helping. have you tried adding an ice golem for it as well? Freed up a slot on my helm, so figure i might give it a try.
I'm curious. Have you tried using Shaper's Touch instead of ES gloves and an ES shield with ES/spell damage/dex/whatever? I'm currently running a modified version of the build where I'm using Shaper's touch and the mana reserve nodes of Sovereignty and Influence to fit in an additional aura. I lose a little bit of ES, but I'm currently at 11k ES and can run an additional aura. My current aura setup is Discipline, Herald of Ice, Assassin's Mark, Determination/Haste/Zealotry and Dread Banner. I can also fit in Clarity if needed (though level 1-3) if I decide to run the Clarity Watcher's Eye. This build needs level 4 Enlighten though (I have level 5 with Shaper's touch corruption) but it's kind of nice. Just wondering if you think I'm trying too much with the build and if you have tried these changes.
"
Diriar wrote:
I'm curious. Have you tried using Shaper's Touch instead of ES gloves and an ES shield with ES/spell damage/dex/whatever? I'm currently running a modified version of the build where I'm using Shaper's touch and the mana reserve nodes of Sovereignty and Influence to fit in an additional aura. I lose a little bit of ES, but I'm currently at 11k ES and can run an additional aura. My current aura setup is Discipline, Herald of Ice, Assassin's Mark, Determination/Haste/Zealotry and Dread Banner. I can also fit in Clarity if needed (though level 1-3) if I decide to run the Clarity Watcher's Eye. This build needs level 4 Enlighten though (I have level 5 with Shaper's touch corruption) but it's kind of nice. Just wondering if you think I'm trying too much with the build and if you have tried these changes.

Hey - Was just checking out this build and came by this post. I ran a similar build last league as Scion, so a bit different but the same idea.

I also think it's better to run Shaper's Touch for the Accuracy and getting a big ES Shield, if you want to check out my previous character for any gear ideas the name is CoCNessMonster in my profile. Ended up getting pretty far in the end game and killing some 600+ Depth Aul's with the build.

BTW, You are losing huge DPS by not having Hypothermia in your 6L setup.
"
Wondahbread wrote:
"
Diriar wrote:

Hey - Was just checking out this build and came by this post. I ran a similar build last league as Scion, so a bit different but the same idea.

I also think it's better to run Shaper's Touch for the Accuracy and getting a big ES Shield, if you want to check out my previous character for any gear ideas the name is CoCNessMonster in my profile. Ended up getting pretty far in the end game and killing some 600+ Depth Aul's with the build.

Thanks for the advice, I recently came back to the game after playing a little of beastiary and a couple of years worth of inactivity before that. I'm not 100% sure how Wise Oak works or which gems are best for DPS but I was theory crafting multiple Auras since it sounded fun xD. And I agree, running an ES shield seems more optimal for this build since Lycosidae's is a bit lackluster in terms of stats and an ES shield can be very GG with 600+ ES or a mixture of spell damage and other goodies.
"
Diriar wrote:
"
Wondahbread wrote:
"
Diriar wrote:

Thanks for the advice, I recently came back to the game after playing a little of beastiary and a couple of years worth of inactivity before that. I'm not 100% sure how Wise Oak works or which gems are best for DPS but I was theory crafting multiple Auras since it sounded fun xD. And I agree, running an ES shield seems more optimal for this build since Lycosidae's is a bit lackluster in terms of stats and an ES shield can be very GG with 600+ ES or a mixture of spell damage and other goodies.

No worries, I recommend downloading Path of Building and loading your character into it if you want to play around with different gem setups, often times your tooltip in game is very wrong in telling you what is best.

Wise oak gives you 15% elemental penetration of your highest resist(s) -- This counts resists over the 75% resist cap (The number in brackets beside the capped 75%), and 10% Damage reduction of your lowest resist(s). In an ideal world you would have all 3 of your resistances the same so you get 15% penetration on all elements, and most importantly 10% Damage reduction of all 3. This is very hard to achieve and I wouldnt go too far out of your way to do it unless you have GG end game gear and don't plan to upgrade much soon. The most important thing is having your cold resistance the highest for 15% cold penetration.
can i get advice on my characater, SynthesisFreakOnCrit, its my adaptation of build in this guide, I need advice what upgrade I can do to my character with a budget of only around ~2ex, what should I should focus on improving first etc.
thanks again for this amazing build btw, I have only been playing that character since I made it cause I love this build soooooo much

I tried crafting the elder chest but no luck, so i just get a shaper touch witht he crit corruption instead, been working fine for me

Last edited by ThisisFreak on Apr 24, 2019, 6:06:55 AM
Just got to 100 with this build - well - a slightly different version but same starting point. V good.

Last edited by DeerFart on Apr 24, 2019, 9:22:12 AM
What would you guys improve on my Occultist when you had 15 Exalted to spend?

My whole ES gear is a bit low i guess and also my tree is a bit different. Any suggestions are welcome :)
"
DeerFart wrote:
Just got to 100 with this build - well - a slightly different version but same starting point. V good.

grats man lvl 100 is no easy task!
Last edited by weeprab on Apr 25, 2019, 5:25:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info